User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 17 of 17

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    I did both.. The blue side was really easy.. the red very difficult..

  2. #12
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    If you would not mind, I would very much appreciate your feedback on this. I feel bad about starting a thread on this but after this:

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ad.php?t=43475

    not too terribly bad .

    Please click on the links below, choose your choices and thank you very much in advance.

    Nohari/Johari
    Done..keep in mind I don't know you that well and that the thing forces you to pick 5 things. That means that I kinda had to pick things on the same theme.

    Quid pro quo, Clarice...:

    Johari
    Nohari


    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  3. #13
    Senior Member Synapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    3,403

    Default

    The Nohari/Johari artifact is at a glance a very judging tool and rather than pointing out your weaknesses and strengths creates your self consciousness about how you are being viewed from a distorted selection of opinion from public consciousness. This means it is much more a confirmation at highlighting criticisms and approvals than genuinely creating dialogue for improvement. It is also limited in the kind of words that are being used, and that is an issue of itself, the expression is such that you are hearing a closed rather than open field of expression. And a truer representation would happen anonymously which is possible while at the same time distorted more because people often like to draw on personal opinion based upon their experiences not only of you but memories of people like you. And this again would change the outcome of the whole premise and intention behind such windows and statistical insights that you would want to gain any insights into yourself probably. When you feel in your element having such comparisons would matter less to feel worthy than the acknowledgment of you being in your element of who you are as the person you are affirmed and believing and wanting to be in refining your attitudes, beliefs and attributes.

  4. #14
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    The Nohari/Johari artifact is at a glance a very judging tool and rather than pointing out your weaknesses and strengths creates your self consciousness about how you are being viewed from a distorted selection of opinion from public consciousness. This means it is much more a confirmation at highlighting criticisms and approvals than genuinely creating dialogue for improvement. It is also limited in the kind of words that are being used, and that is an issue of itself, the expression is such that you are hearing a closed rather than open field of expression. And a truer representation would happen anonymously which is possible while at the same time distorted more because people often like to draw on personal opinion based upon their experiences not only of you but memories of people like you. And this again would change the outcome of the whole premise and intention behind such windows and statistical insights that you would want to gain any insights into yourself probably. When you feel in your element having such comparisons would matter less to feel worthy than the acknowledgment of you being in your element of who you are as the person you are affirmed and believing and wanting to be in refining your attitudes, beliefs and attributes.
    I agree with much of what you are saying but I would say it is a good tool for self improvement because it helps you to understand how others perceive you vs. how you perceive yourself. Perceptions do not have to be accurate to be valuable.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  5. #15
    can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    3,683

    Default

    I'd already done your Johari. For whatever reason, I'm reticent to do the Nohari- for anyone, I mean. If I get past that, I'll surely do yours.

    I'm really tempted to start one up myself. Have you been at all surprised by the results of either?
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

    5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

  6. #16
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I'd already done your Johari. For whatever reason, I'm reticent to do the Nohari- for anyone, I mean. If I get past that, I'll surely do yours.

    I'm really tempted to start one up myself. Have you been at all surprised by the results of either?
    I was surprised when I put Nohari feedback for someone else on my Norari window by accident.

    It is pretty hard to do the Nohari. For most people, I can generally think of a couple of things on the list and the other three, I feel like I'm making it up. So, I'm not too hurt that someone said I was "dull"

    Am I surprised by the results so far? I guess "predictable" is the biggest surprise so far. I mean isn't everyone predictable? What makes that differentiating for me?

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  7. #17
    can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    3,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Am I surprised by the results so far? I guess "predictable" is the biggest surprise so far. I mean isn't everyone predictable? What makes that differentiating for me?
    Oh really? I'd think, by virtue of being IxxJ, 'predictable' is something of a given. Relatively speaking, I mean- in comparison to most people. If it helps, I wouldn't have predicted that 'unpredictable' would have surprised you- thereby making you somewhat unpredictable to me.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

    5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

Similar Threads

  1. Johari/Nohari [ -> Harikari? ] Charts
    By Totenkindly in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 295
    Last Post: 10-18-2017, 07:37 PM
  2. Calling all Johari/Nohari users...
    By Eiddy in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 10:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO