ISTx

Living haphazardly is stupid.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Actually being hit by a car took some of the fun out of the whole playing pedestrian chicken thing for me.

I think I'm just one of those freaks of nature that has always had a deep conviction that bad things can happen to me. Why should they not?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    yupp

I could see how, I mean it's not really chicken because half the time I don't see the car I often am like "It's safe to cross just to jump back to the curb at the last minute" sometimes when I'm bored or just having a bad day I will.

I'm convinced I'm not dying til I'm 81 I know it's not logical but it's a feeling I have this isn't to say I can't be in a coma or hooked up to machines when I'm 30.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Actually being hit by a car took some of the fun out of the whole playing pedestrian chicken thing for me.

I think I'm just one of those freaks of nature that has always had a deep conviction that bad things can happen to me. Why should they not?
    Murphy's Law. I feel it applies to me too, more often than not.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I could see how, I mean it's not really chicken because half the time I don't see the car I often am like "It's safe to cross just to jump back to the curb at the last minute" sometimes when I'm bored or just having a bad day I will.

I'm convinced I'm not dying til I'm 81 I know it's not logical but it's a feeling I have this isn't to say I can't be in a coma or hooked up to machines when I'm 30.
    God damn you better knock on wood and quick. lol

MBTI
    INTP

Am I haphazard enough? Heh.

I married a guy and then helped convince him to leave the only job he ever knew (which he owned 20% of) to sell his shares and open his own place;

For most of my working life I've preferred the relative freedom of working as a waitress at odd hours to the slavery of regular office work which is way more "safe" (flat hourly pay, normal 9 - 5 hours, benefits like health insurance and 401K *yawn*);

I left my husband because I wasn't thrilled with him, never loved him, etc. but it's not like we had lots of arguments or couldn't stand each other or anything;

I became involved with a British guy, knowing how difficult it would be;

I moved 40 minutes away (and signed a year long lease) from my family and work so that I could be only 1 hour from where said British guy would be staying for 5 months, at a time when I thought we may never actually be together, I only held hope;

I just quit one of my two jobs so that I could have more time to be with this British guy for the three weeks he's visiting me starting next week;

Life is for the living, don't be so scared!

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

do you see yourself living haphazardly enough? why/why not?

No.. I don't do that... and, further, don't allow anyone else to make me. Hubby tends to and I balk rather loudly if he tries to involve me in it.
    Why/why not? Because I don't like risk.... much prefer safety.

what I had originally stated may have come off as 'thrill seeking' but not all risks are 'thrill seeking' ... there are risks you can take and enjoy a new sustained level of the haphazardly.

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I had a shrink tell me that I need to do more stupid things like that. Seriously.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    I had a shrink tell me that I need to do more stupid things like that. Seriously.
    why would he suggest that?

when my sister was younger, her shrink told her to swear... but my Christian parents were not a fan of this.