User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Thisica View Post
    I didn't know he did science! From what I know about science, I don't think he did.
    yes exactly.

We had once an intresting discussion about the nature of the type descriptions. If you imagine that the mbti theory would have been developed in a communist system, the type description would have probably been completly different. The intresting thing about the titles we have in that regards is that they are all somewhat job related and it's in fact often that mbti is used as a career test for people. So is mbti an instrument to find your real self or is it a mere instrument to make you a good peon of society who does his job ?!
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    yes exactly.

We had once an intresting discussion about the nature of the type descriptions. If you imagine that the mbti theory would have been developed in a communist system, the type description would have probably been completly different. The intresting thing about the titles we have in that regards is that they are all somewhat job related and it's in fact often that mbti is used as a career test for people. So is mbti an instrument to find your real self or is it a mere instrument to make you a good peon of society who does his job ?!
    Discovering who I am requires much more than MBTI: I need real-life experience for that But it can be useful for me, career-wise.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yes it can. Just dont plan that too much or you'll get more real life experience than you want
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yes it can. Just dont plan that too much or you'll get more real life experience than you want
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

All Natural! All Good!

I believe Keirsey and son are both self-typed as "Architects" which is INTP. Keirsey is probably Ti Se in Jungian terms, but still an "Architect". I think I emailed the son to set up an account on his forum sometime last year...never logged in though. Thankfully I saw the light :P

I don't think for a second that any of this is science - whether it's Keirsey, MBTI, Jungian functions, etc. But I know what I think is more accurate, and it is not Keirsey.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    I don't think for a second that any of this is science - whether it's Keirsey, MBTI, Jungian functions, etc. But I know what I think is more accurate, and it is not Keirsey.
    So what personality type system do you think is the most accurate?

All Natural! All Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Thisica View Post
    So what personality type system do you think is the most accurate?
    I don't know if it's a system...but the cognitive functions for sure. Specifically, function attitudes. SO helpful. I was in the dark until I finally learned enough about Fi to know what it actually was.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by burymecloser View Post
    Keirsey typed himself as INTJ. It's just him being modest.
    Keirsey actually identified as INTP, the "Architect".

source - http://www.celebritytypes.com/intp.php

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

mas·ter·mind/ˈmæs tərˌmaɪnd, ˈmɑ stər-/ Show Spelled [mas-ter-mahynd, mah-ster-] Show IPA
    verb (used with object)
    1. to plan and direct (a usually complex project or activity), especially skillfully: Two colonels had masterminded the revolt.
    source - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mastermind?s=t

That actually doesn't sound that impressive.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    mas·ter·mind/
    1. to plan and direct (a usually complex project or activity), especially skillfully: Two colonels had masterminded the revolt.

That actually doesn't sound that impressive.
    Perhaps not, but it is a good description of how INTJs often operate. I am always amazed how often people are unable to plan and direct even simple activities with any skill and good results.

At the risk of dredging up old posts on this thread, I will respond to the following because the ideas are of interest.

MBTI theory was initially developed with career placement in mind -- not to tell people what job they should have, but rather to help them understand their own preferences better, so they can use that information in making a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Unsure, I do know that INTJ females aren't masterminds in that same respects INTJ males want to be portrayed as. You know like INTPs are referred to as architects yet strangely I find that male INTPs like being called Architects while INTP females would probably prefer different terminology. Sometimes the distinctions seem confusing because the effects, values and perceptions are different for how males and females interpret cognitively as well. Its subtle but its there, at least its what I've come to realise and now I have a healthier view of how INTJ are which I'm happier to note because before I was somewhat disconnected by my experiences.
    If you're still following this, Synapse: what differences do you see in the "effects, values, and perceptions" between male and female of these types? I don't see any real distinction, and have always found type overrides sex/gender on such matters. I for one have no objection to the term "mastermind". I also like "scientist" because I am one, but see it as less descriptive of the type as a whole. The female INTP I know best really relates to the "architect" name.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...