User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Thisica View Post
    Now I wonder...why did someone assign the INTJ group with that label? I just don't get it: I'm not into that sort of thing after all :steam:. [But my brother is ]
    It makes sense to me.

I feel like if we were to take INTJs on universal terms they are quite an ideal type. The 'mastermind' name is meant to mean someone that encompasses many intellectual talents and eclipses all others in their field - and this does fit to some degree with the type. They are cautious yet dauntless, matter of fact yet sensitive to others, analytical and exacting yet very capable at viewing things with amazing perceptive distance. I don't don't mean to say all INTJs are super geniuses, superior to the rest of us or anything but their collection of strengths are quite impressive. But I'm sure there may be a better way to describe INTJs (particularly ways in which 'evil' can't be so easily connected to the term ) that would suit more people of that type - someone always gets screwed over by the label.

Although, I am quite sure I will live to regret such compliments...
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

It's like as though 'our' type has a wonderful balance of abilities. But I'm in a bind over the 'extreme' contrasting features of the function 'order' of Ni+Te and Fi+Se as uumlau said some time ago:

It's sort of like Jung came up with three different concepts of objective/subjective dichotomies: T/F, S/N, e/i. Te and Se are, in this sense, the "most objective" while Ni and Fi are the most subjective, and then there's four that are mixtures of objective and subjective. INTPs have the mixed ones, Ti/Ne/Si/Fe, while INTJs have the "unmixed" ones, Ni/Te/Fi/Se.
    How can such a combination exist in harmony? It's an internal explosion waiting to happen!
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Now I wonder...why did someone assign the INTJ group with that label? I just don't get it: I'm not into that sort of thing after all :steam:. [But my brother is ]
    To get them talking to us. The best way to make a silent guy talking is to give him what he wants . At first INTJs are all like, "wow I am clever that's really nice, finally someone who appreciates it." But then they grow unrestless and dont really want to be the center of attention and then tell other peoples "well it's ok I am not really that of a master mind".

Yet then it's too late they are talking and society has won them as friends, the fangs of the vampires are sucking the veins dry
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Whenever I hear the term "mastermind" I think more of Napoleon Hill, and books like The science of personal achievement. In this, he describes people as having a mission, and the "mastermind" is the group of people gathered together to achieve that mission.

Thus, one person can come up with a scheme or system, maybe, but I believe a true mastermind requires a group. An INTJ may be a valued member of a "mastermind", but not the whole thing.

However, I have the two "Please Understand Me" books. I may want to read the Mastermind, though I find the descriptions for INTP and INFP in the second book...well...I didn't enjoy them as much as other books, and stuff on forums...I mean...real people.

Quote Originally Posted by burymecloser View Post
    Keirsey typed himself as INTJ. It's just him being modest.

I never laugh when people tell jokes - "So, a guy walks into a bar . . ."
    But I always laugh my ass off at sarcasm.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I prefer not to put labels on me. I'm me, after all.
    what's the NiTe for, then?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I definitely feel like I am really not living up to it.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BAJ View Post
    An INTJ may be a valued member of a "mastermind", but not the whole thing.
    I think what you're saying is that we need to establish an INTJ hivemind
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I think what you're saying is that we need to establish an INTJ hivemind
    Ouh yes ! I need a new hacking challenge
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

If you've noticed, Kiersey had to find a way to sell his books and theories. So he chose labels that were flattering to each type, in order to draw a greater audience. More audience and followers, more revenue from book sales, coaching, etc.

Marketing.