User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Thread: I am...

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    agreed
    I'm offering even money odds that this thread gets split.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    It's just so much easier alone. It's easier to concentrate, it's easier to hit a matinee, and it's easier to bop into another theater to do the old 2 for 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    agreed
    Totally agreed.

Still, it is totally weird where I live. I had really been wanting to see a movie a second time, but had made a few failed attempts to get someone to go with me; finally, I resolved to go alone, but I probably picked the shittiest day to do it: Valentine's Day. In my defense, I was not in a good mood and was trying to cheer myself up (not because it was V's Day), but I felt totally idiotic standing around literally nothing but couples, all alone in line by myself as I bought my ticket. Ok, that memory sucks.

I am... a girl who cannot really go alone to the movies where she lives. Well, I could try again, but my courage isn't quite up there yet, and at this point in time I probably could get someone to go with me, so there'd be no need. Um.

I am also AMAZED by Sub's complete and time-consuming response to everyone's "I ams." :horor:

You're so endearing, Sub.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    INTP

I am the eejit who accidentally created two bonus blogs. w00t.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    It's just so much easier alone. It's easier to concentrate, it's easier to hit a matinee, and it's easier to bop into another theater to do the old 2 for 1.
    Are you sure it's not just easier than plucking up the courage to ask someone to go with you, who might reject you?

At least sometimes?

Surely comedies are much more fun watched in company...? I know where you're coming from cos I'd see things like Star Wars or LOTR or whatever alone, unless with a friend who could be trusted to show similar reverence, cos I just can't be doing with having someone whispering and distracting me all through a movie I've waited like years to see But comedies... nah. At least half the fun is missed out on when you see them alone, IMO.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Are you sure it's not just easier than plucking up the courage to ask someone to go with you, who might reject you?

At least sometimes?

Surely comedies are much more fun watched in company...? I know where you're coming from cos I'd see things like Star Wars or LOTR or whatever alone, unless with a friend who could be trusted to show similar reverence, cos I just can't be doing with having someone whispering and distracting me all through a movie I've waited like years to see But comedies... nah. At least half the fun is missed out on when you see them alone, IMO.
    Lol! "I can't be doing with..." Agreed on all accounts; I actually went to see the third LOTR movie alone, and rapturously enjoyed every moment. I still enjoy the ending song, called "Into the West" by Annie Lennox.

I doubt FM is just afraid of rejection, though.

Crap, I'm getting off topic again. I plead that staying on topic is incomparable to real life, where /normal/ conversations break off into new directions periodically, if not frequently.

So... an on-topic sentence. Does it count if most of my post is off-topic?

I am... the girl who is done writing her essay for the night, but has two more to finish before Thursday, on top of the one she did not finish tonight, because goddamnit she put things off, not realizing how royally she was screwing herself in the end. I'm also the girl who needs to study for an exam taking place tomorrow. Glory be to the Mempey.

If anyone EVER doubts that I'm a P. EVER...
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I am the guy who invites you for a drink 9pm, tells how his day went, cracks a lot of jokes, listens to your worries, assures you that you'll be fine, plans for an awesome future, parties, work and trips for both, chats with random strangers along the way and asks to stay at your house for the night long after the last bus has gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Between Substitute, Mempy, and many others here, it strikes me as an aweful shame that the world is formed such that we are all separated by geography despite being kindred spirits ideologically.

I am wishing that we had more scheduled chats so that I could interact with you wonderful people in real-time.

MBTI
    ISTP

I am the quiet one that some people can yak off to for hours while others feel awkward around me (making me feel awkward).
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

This would be a valid point for pretty much everything in my life, but not so much for movies. I see a lot of them for work, and it's hard to get someone to go all the time or see some of the more obscure ones.

So...A for insight, C for topicality
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    istp

I am the guy who hears your music and taps his toes to it, who might possibly ask you to turn it up.
    that's interesting, the pounding on the wall last night seemed too pissed off to suggest whoever it was wanted me to turn it up, but maybe i should have