User Tag List

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else not like cats?

I dislike cats. They dislike me. They are catty.

And make my eyes swell up.

The only cats I appreciate are the ones from
    a cat is fine too

Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    I Like them equally. But it irritates me when people anthropomorphise their pets. They may have some behaviors that mimic a human child's behavior, but they aren't. When those owners get bitten or exposed to animal-like behavior, they act surprised.
    That bothers me, too. The fact that it's not even considered a real possibility or taken into account. I think if more people viewed their pets as animals, they would be more careful in handling them.

I may like cats, but I acknowledge that they are animals on some level... so I'm not as careless with them as some people are with their own pets. I don't expect not to get bitten, for instance.

Once upon a time I had a cat. I didn't care too much for the cat. The breed escape me, but his name and the experience does not. Shadow was his name. The name was fitting, he was black and white with a pink. Young and unaware, when he first joined the family I would accidently step on him. He was small enough not to see, even as a kid, but annoying nonetheless. As such, he became a bit fidgety.

Also, cats are felinoids, derivative of the same genetic pool as bobcats, lions, tiger and many other animals parodied by furries behind their closed doors, making him wild. Often he would be found running around like a raging idiot. No one ever knew where he was sitting; he was lazy too. More often than not, he was running the streets or dropping a load in the litter box. When we moved, it didn't. He wasn't loyal either.

Shadow left an impression on me. They are untrustworthy, lazy, and unloyal. Yet, at the same time, that could be flipped to mean clever, opprotunistic, and individualistic. Of course, that wouldn't be a perfect flip, but if the cat lands somewhere new, its likely to still be back on his feet.

Anyway, we had a dog too. I prefer them more. They are more codependent, and in light of recents news on dog fighting, and studies of differents breeds temperaments, there is some truth to the tripe in my experience. Cats are boring as hell. All they do is sit around. When was the last time someone played fetch with a cat? Maybe using a cat, but a yarn ball doesn't suffice. Cats almost seem like a waste of domestication. An old lady somewhere is petting her cat, looking like a screen cap of Inspector Gadget, while the rest of her 40 cats live off their own ingenuity. They are smart, independent, and a good number of the breeds aren't house cats; they don't need us.

And we don't need them.

Oh, its

I got to hang out with an awesome cat last night. An ancient Blue Point Himalayan, who used to be a little skittish when I visited his owner's house, but this time came out immediately and wanted to snuggle and be petted. He even let me pick him up a couple of times.
    Something Witty

Senior Member Array Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    9w1 sx

I love pretty much all animals... But I do tend to favor kitties.... I shall share my stories of why kitties won me over faster than all the pooches I've owned...

For starters, this picture....

I miss her dearly. She was my cuddle buddy. I know some people sleep with their dogs and they cuddle, but I've never had a dog that would snuggle with me like my kitties do.

And... Then my wonderfully sweet black kitty I had from grade school all the way through high school. Middle school was a tough time for me... I shed a lot of tears... My kitty licked them away while my doggie just ran around like a madhouse and didn't get that I was upset. It seems like all my cats have been the opposite of the typical stereotype that cats don't care or don't pick up on feelings. All of my cats have always known just when I needed a "friend" even if that friend did lick their butt.

My kitties have provided me with many hours of laughter...
    [YOUTUBE="KkSHtIYvbVU"]Gretchen - Six Months First Encounter with a Humidifier[/YOUTUBE]

For me, it's really just that I've had more luck with cats than I have with dogs.

I really hate them, they're only good for eating in emergencies and that's only when they arent diseased to begin with and most of them are.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar

One thing about cats and dogs. If you die, the dog will faithfully guard your body. The cat will start eating you as soon as it runs out of tuna.
    This is the kicker for me.

Loyalty is pretty high up on my list of preferences, and for that you can't do any better than a dog.

Especially one of these little guys!

Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

9w1 sx/sp

I do not hate cats, nor do I even really dislike them. On the whole, I think they are cute, adorable, and a lot of fun when they're young. However, after owning a cat for 17 someodd years, I've long since realized that that I'm a dog person.

Don't misunderstand, my cat is and has been my little buddy for years and years. He's very warm and affectionate to me and when he dies I know I will cry my eyes out...

...but there are days when his independence/I'm-going-to-do-what-the-hell-I-want-to-do attitude drives me up the wall. It's like living with a two year that refuses to be trained and never grows up.

Whoever it was that said that cats are roommates and dogs are pets hit it spot on.
    "There is no such thing as spare time, no such thing as down time, no such thing as free time, there is only life time. Go."
    ― Henry Rollins

4w3 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post

As far as litter boxes go, teach them to use the toilet. Just don't teach them to flush, otherwise your water bill will be astronomical. They'll sit and watch the water go 'round all day long.

Wasn't this on PBS's Arthur?