User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

I find cats mildly cute in small doses. I've always been deathly allergic to them, and that has fueled my general aversion to them, but their personalities also just... Rub me the wrong way. I love dogs, though.
    I believe in make believe.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Cats and dogs are both awesome. I've had both. I used to have a cat for about 11 years, which eventually died.

Right now I have dog who people said was cute. I tried to tame a feral cat, which I saved from being killed by the dog

I had a great deal of success taming the cat, but it was still wild. It attacked me a few times when I was sleeping. Poor thing killed itself by deciding to sleep in the fan box of the pick up truck. Nothing I could do for it. I was sitting there thinking, "What's making that noise?" I turned the truck off, and opened the hood, and an enormous cloud of cat hair came out.

Poor cat.

Anyway, I decided not to have a cat for a while. I gave my cat stuff to my parents who have like three house cats, two house dogs, a backyard dog, and several outside cats.

One thing about cats and dogs. If you die, the dog will faithfully guard your body. The cat will start eating you as soon as it runs out of tuna.

MBTI
    INTP

I would eat a cat, but I would probably not love a cat

I don't necessarily not like cats, I just don't view them as worthy companions.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

I liked cats when I was younger, but I had some negative experiences with other peoples cats I've taken care of or been around and am also allergic to some breeds, though if the house is kept clean I can handle it ok.

Wet cat food...uggh...that is one of the nastiest smells I can think of. Cat piss too.

I agree with other posters that cats are moody too. I've been bitten and scratched once little puss n boots doesn't wanna play anymore. They are very unpredictable creatures and they shed like crazy. I can tolerate them, but I wouldn't want one myself.
    Type 6w5 sp/so/sx I think..I have not fully explored this and just discovered it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    They are really pretty and cute when in a good mood but cats will turn on you at any second and claw at you (little bitches!!!). I will pet them but would never pick one up or let it sit in my lap or anything.

I used to be really scared of cats and would have to ask my friends to put their cat in a different room, this was because I used to have reoccurring nightmares about them! They would always attack my arm, i would try to get them off but they wouldn't let go, flailing my arms around everywhere and they still wouldn't let go!

My roommates cats where annoying and conniving too...whenever they were mad at her they would shit and piss on her bed or in her closet. Those little fuckers!

Ah yes, I've seen that before. I swear I saw a documentary on animals (dogs/cats) and they pretty much said a cat only sees a human as a food source. Take that away and the cat is gone (this was on a farm). On the flipside the border collie was a working dog/companion and loyal.
    Type 6w5 sp/so/sx I think..I have not fully explored this and just discovered it.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

People have to remember a few things.. Humanity and dogs have had a relationship that has spanned 20000-30000 years ,while cats and humanity have only been "friends" for about 4000 years.

Dogs are not natural.. All canines are decedents of wolves, but "dogs" are result of human intervention and interaction.
    In essence they are mutants.. Mutant wolves..
    They were made by man, for man.. Dogs are naturally "domesticated" It's in their genes at this point. A feral dog can be tamed.

Cats on the other hand just kind of wandered into our lives, and although we have created a few pedigrees.. The remain relatively unchanged physically, due to our interaction with them. A kitten needs human contact in the first 2 weeks of it's life, or it will be feral and not able to be domesticated, even if it learns to trust a human enough to be fed by one.

Cats are hunters and killers.. it's what they are designed to do. They are way better at it than dogs.. and this is why they are mostly solitary hunters , so they do not have the social needs of dogs, who are largely pack animals, and hunt in tandem.

Dogs are Es and Cats are Is .. I swear to never do this to animals (give them human cognitive abilities) But I am using I and E strictly in the social sense.

One's nature is social, the other's is solitary.

It's apples and oranges.

This is a great documentary about humanity's relationship with both cats and dogs.
    It's called .. The Cat connection- The Canine Conspiracy.. It proposes that cats and humans developed a connection, while dogs conspired to join our pack.
    It has great footage whether your love is dogs , cats, both or if you just like to educate yourself..

http://www.moviesdatacenter.com/Movi...tion-2008.html

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Whenever they were mad at her they would shit and piss on her bed or in her closet. Those little fuckers!
    To be fair, I've heard of dogs doing that on people's beds, too. One did it on mine, once. I was so pissed off.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I love cats and dogs but have a higher preference for cats. What Tallulah said about INTPs liking cats is pretty much why. I've always loved them in a way that I never quite loved dogs.

I read a quote that said something like, 'Thousands of years ago, the cat was worshiped as a god. The cat has never forgotten.' No cat has ever forgotten.

I found an excellent formula for removing pet urine odors, too...unfortunately that can be a problem with cats when they have urinary problems...especially the male ones. And cleaning out a litter box is never a joyous activity (to be fair, there is no joy in picking up or shoveling the leavings of any creature).

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    To be fair, I've heard of dogs doing that on people's beds, too. One did it on mine, once. I was so pissed off.
    My dog did that twice ever. Once when we had visitors over for the first time and she was clearly terrified. The second time was when we moved and she was freaked out by the new surroundings.

"The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I love cats and dogs but have a higher preference for cats. What Tallulah said about INTPs liking cats is pretty much why. I've always loved them in a way that I never quite loved dogs.
    I Like them equally. But it irritates me when people anthropomorphise their pets. They may have some behaviors that mimic a human child's behavior, but they aren't. When those owners get bitten or exposed to animal-like behavior, they act surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I read a quote that said something like, 'Thousands of years ago, the cat was worshiped as a god. The cat has never forgotten.' No cat has ever forgotten.

I found an excellent formula for removing pet urine odors, too...unfortunately that can be a problem with cats when they have urinary problems...especially the male ones. And cleaning out a litter box is never a joyous activity (to be fair, there is no joy in picking up or shoveling the leavings of any creature).
    Why should they forget? Humans are suckers.

As far as litter boxes go, teach them to use the toilet. Just don't teach them to flush, otherwise your water bill will be astronomical. They'll sit and watch the water go 'round all day long.