User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

That post wasn't nearly as vitriolic as some of the anti-dog and anti-dog-owner comments in the sister thread...
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    That post wasn't nearly as vitriolic as some of the anti-dog and anti-dog-owner comments in the sister thread...
    I don't resent anti-dog, anti-cat or anti-pet individuals. But when they start passing inaccurate judgments about other pet owners in a passive-aggressive manner, it's annoying. If you notice, I took athenian to task for his belief that pet owners need to respect his rights within their own homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    It has nothing to do with wishes. It has to do with passing judgment in a passive-aggressive manner. So my response was to return the judgment in an overt manner.
    "Actions" would've been a better word choice than "wishes" in my question.

I suppose Alice can clarify if she wants to, but this clipped interaction just looks like it has all the makings of a genuine misunderstanding. Ebullience coupled with flippancy I suspect.

Carry on cat lovers and haters alike.
    /sneezes
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I like cats. I can understand people who don't like them.

I think more of the issue is with the cat liking. Some go to extremes.

Cats, as they are, I like them. The thing is, I wouldn't want to like about them in a way that would make other people uncomfortable.

I cried when my wife's cat had to be terminated before me and my wife could live together. I have extremely unusually strong allergy to cats, which is so strong it makes me practically a handicapped person when I have to be with them for any time period. The best anti-allergic medicines, when taken simultaneously, can reduce my reaction to almost no reaction, when I'm with them for just 1 hour (but avoid touching them or anything they have touched.)

The thing is, they're lovely. Too bad I can't have them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    "Actions" would've been a better word choice than "wishes" in my question.

I suppose Alice can clarify if she wants to, but this clipped interaction just looks like it has all the makings of a genuine misunderstanding. Ebullience coupled with flippancy I suspect.

Carry on cat lovers and haters alike.
    /sneezes
    On any online site, what people post is all we have access to. But her post was crystal clear in its judgment, a judgment that I found highly distasteful. Like I said, if all dog owners are like FPA, I won't ever get a dog for fear of being "allocated" to the same tunnel vision bin.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    I didn't bother to read the other thread, but i seen it floating around. Glad i didn't now. Dogs make life worth living for me.. so my head might start spinning and i'd start puking all over the thread:P

I don't resent anti-dog, anti-cat or anti-pet individuals. But when they start passing inaccurate judgments about other pet owners in a passive-aggressive manner, it's annoying. If you notice, I took athenian to task for his belief that pet owners need to respect his rights within their own homes.
    I haven't read that post as i haven't read that thread.. but that idea absolutely grates on my last nerve. This isn't just MY home..but it's my dogs home too... they have more rights here. And i would respect that in other people's homes as well.
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes, I did notice that.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INTJ

Im allergic so yea..

But sometimes i still pet them a little while. sweet little things..
    I still shuh! on them when the nabour cats is in the garden home tho..
    don`t want them pissing outside my window.. thats when i hate them.. it stinks for days.. doesnt even help to close the fucking window.
    Thats when i make plans for cat traps like auto meat grinder grass fertilizer with slippery sides and collapsing gates.
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wH2...eature=related

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It has nothing to do with wishes. It has to do with passing judgment in a passive-aggressive manner. So my response was to return the judgment in an overt manner.
    I just noticed this... uh..i didn't see your post actually... so it really wasn't a passive aggressive comment. When i typed that i was thinking of a friend of mine who taught his cat to play fetch... where i joked and poked fun at him for not having a dog. Had nothing to do with you.

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Things are being posted faster than i can read and i've missed somethings being said about me...

Clearly my post was taken FAR too seriously! And taken personally when it wasn't intended to be whatsoever.

So..let me be CLEAR.

I LIKE ALL ANIMALS.

I would and have gone to great lengths to save the lives of half a dozen or so cats.

I don't desire to own them as pets. I prefer dogs.

I was RANTING. Mostly, keeping in mind, a few cats owners i know. NOT ANYONE ON THIS THREAD.

Anyway... i think your opinion of me has been formed. The damage is done.

EDIT: Maybe i should have put this is bold:
    Quote Originally Posted by FakePlasticAlice View Post

Okay..that was more of a rant than anything..i'm done.

-Mark Twain