User Tag List

View Poll Results: is it ok to knock a drunk person out whose about to do something dangerous?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 70.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not Usually

3 30.00%
  • OMG THAT's Assault!

0 0%
First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    It's always ok to knock someone out, sometimes I do it for fun

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

If you have no other way to stop him, then yes, more power for you!

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    It depends on what you use to knock them out.

If you use chloroform, that gas that knocks you out, or something else that isn't harmful, it's fine... but if you use your fists and beat them unconscious, you could very well cause brain damage. You could be responsible for ruining their lives, when it was remotely possible that they might have gotten home without an accident. I don't think a blow to the head is okay.

I would support your decision to disable their car by any means necessary, though. Remove the battery, cut wires, cut the fuel line, slash their tires, etc.
    Anything that knocks you out is potentially deadly/damaging to the brain, including chloroform, its not like it shows on tv, its very easy for a person to OD on chloroform and die... your idea of disabling their car is a much much better one, I am not even sure how much trouble you could get in for it, as you are keeping some one from committing a major crime that is potentially deadly to others... and doing so in a way that is not directly harmful to them, but Im sure we can all agree here, the BEST case scenario would be to grab the keys and hide them somehow... not to hard to do from most drunk people ive ever dealt with, defending against their usually violent response to that is another matter...

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    You'll be in jail for assault and battery. Great job!
    assuming that they're so drunk that they won't remember what happened, you could just plant a broken lamp next to them

accidents happen all the time when you're drunk...

edit: added benefit--you could also yell at them for breaking the lamp when they wake up and they'll be all :confused:

heheh

garbage

assuming they're not so drunk that they won't remember what happened, then.. whatever, they're cognizant enough to make a decision, and they're a huge freakin' jerkass

I'm leaning toward letting 'em just be a huge freakin' jerkass

Oberon

Head trauma that leads to unconsciousness will always do permanent damage, sometimes severe. It's not like in the movies where the guy gets up in a few minutes and shakes it off.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I'm leaning toward letting 'em just be a huge freakin' jerkass
    Yeah, except they might kill somebody.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Yeah, except they might kill somebody.
    The combination of your two posts here indicate that you think we should not knock them out or let them go. The OP presents only these two options.

Now what?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    The combination of your two posts here indicate that you think we should not knock them out or let them go. The OP presents only these two options.

Now what?
    Let's ask burping cat what to do:

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzP3PWq1hSk"].[/youtube]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

the cops are not useless. Just make sure you call them when he is NOT behind the wheel and don't tell them that he's been driving after drinking. Also make sure he is in a home/apartment, not in public. The cops will either scare him out of driving, or restrain him since you are not able to.

Really it's not worth facing possible assault charges, brain damage, or the drunkard recovering and getting violent with you. That is what law enforcement is for.

/SJ