Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by EffEmDoubleyou
    I think people would be driven away from a forum like that pretty quickly. There's no oversight and no rule to cite when disciplining a member. Look at the grief the people running this site take when people are disciplined, and they HAVE explicit rules on their side.
    There is oversight, it's just in the hands of me and several other carefully selected rulers. You know, like a dictatorship.

Originally posted by disregard
    That's the worst idea I've ever heard in my life, Tom.

Yes, this is horrible, this idea.
    My name's not Tom... But comn, the idea isn't that bad (albeit it's overly idealistic Ne at its craziness).

Originally posted by Jenaphor
    Savage Idealist, how much time do you have? There are only 24 hours in a day on Earth.
    Well, considering that I don't have a job (I might soon though) or school or anything else to do, I have more than enough time to rign supreme ruler on my theoretical web forum. That's also what the semi-kings are for.

EDIT: post 666 bwhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

As a democracy.. of course.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Well, considering that I don't have a job (I might soon though) or school or anything else to do, I have more than enough time to rign supreme ruler on my theoretical web forum. That's also what the semi-kings are for.
    you'll have ample time to manage things when you don't actually have any users left to manage

sorry dude, but it's true

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by bologna
    you'll have ample time to manage things when you don't actually have any users left to manage
    Actually that would be the perfect web forum, one with just me. No trolls, no annoying members, just me, king of my own virtual world! Bwhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

...I really need to get out more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Hey, Jen... Running a website is serious business. On a universal scale! (So, see, as long we're not on earth, a day has as many hours as we like!)
    Bratty P! That's why I mentioned Earth to shortcut the universal discussion.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Equally like this, if this was my web forum, what it of course isnt. If anyone tells you differently dont believe him, this is not my web forum
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

garbage

basically, I guess to me it boils down to "lowering down the walls" initially and then placing incentives to post and/or restrictions on registering after everything's running smoothly and we've got a somewhat solid userbase

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I wouldn't run my own forum. Ever.

I wouldn't want to (or have the patience to) put up with people's shit. People are always whining about something.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ENTP

What rules would you put in place?

Every Friday would be Hawaiian shirt day; Participation would be mandatory. "Hug it out, bitch" would the name be our official anti-flaming policy. Also, really terrible posts would be listed on a what we would call "The Wall of shame", to which the poster would have themselves placed on the forum center stage to which they would have large watermelons shot at them at close range from a 13th century English cannon.

How would you manage it?

I'd operate on the "If I build it, they will come" philosophy, meaning I'd establish it, advertise it, and when people join I'll just run behind the bushes while giggling and waiting for the general populous to bash each others heads in with large rocks in a massive forum onslaught. I'd also establish some type troll gauntlet even in which I'd have them stand on opposite sides of an enclosed room with a large overhead scoreboard, and have them ram heads like gazelles attempting to establish their male dominance.

What would the forum be about?

I'd go for like a Seinfeld-esque forum about nothing approach. Let them members decide what they wanna talk about as I watch the mayhem unfold.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

To the OP: I wouldn't run one either. I'm too lazy and unorderly for that.