User Tag List

View Poll Results: How do you feel about dogs?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't like dogs.

16 14.81%
  • I can tolerate dogs.

22 20.37%
  • I like dogs.

70 64.81%
12311 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Does anyone else hate dogs?

I think that dogs are disgusting animals. They really have no place in a home. Now, keeping a dog in the backyard, or having a hunting dog is one thing... but I don't like the fact that people keep these animals in their home. Especially not when they have guests.

I have such a long list of people I have to avoid because they own dogs. Now, I will explain my reasons for loathing these four-legged atrocities.

First of all, they remind me of wolves. I cannot look at a dog, any dog, without seeing a wolf. That mental image of a wolf makes me incredibly anxious, and I can't get it out of my head. So above all, I feel incredibly anxious whenever there's a dog present.

Next, there's the hygiene. They usually smell horrible, they like to lick their dirty butts and then lick people's hands/faces, eat their own feces, and unless you're very lucky, they defecate and urinate on the floor.

Now we have behavior. Dogs bark VERY loudly whenever they hear something, and it's very annoying. When someone comes inside, they insist on approaching FAST and sniffing or jumping up on people (sometimes even licking them), and it's really creepy. What if I don't want to be touched/approached by the dog? I feel like it's a violation of my personal space. Also, it scares the heck of me to see the wolf dog approaching at that speed. Also, whenever I eat in the presence of a dog, I know the dog is waiting for me to drop something and then swoop in to eat it. I don't appreciate having it hover over me like a vulture, and I don't like it getting that close to me to eat whatever I might drop. Oh, and they also have a very clumsy, sloppy gait... they're always sniffing around at things with their big ugly noses, and they're always panting with their tongues hanging out, making noise. They keep trying to demand attention and interact with me against my will, and I DO NOT like it.

These are the reasons why I cannot stand dogs, and feel like it's unfair that I'm so often subjected to the mangy animals. I feel that I get no respect, that I'm just expected to be okay with the animals... not just in private homes, but increasingly in public places. I have had to leave stores because someone with a dog came in, and nothing was done about it. Often, it wasn't even on a leash. There should be rules about this.

I think that a person who keeps a dog in their home, and invites people there expecting them to accept the invitation, is extremely inconsiderate of their guests. A dog is an intrusive, disgusting, and potentially dangerous creature, and just because you want to live with one, doesn't mean you should be able to expect of me that I will feel safe or comfortable being around it. I mean, it's one thing if they put the dog up... that's fine. But the majority of dog owners WILL NOT do this. Their whole attitude is that you're expected to come in and be okay with the dogs. And then if I try to respectfully say, "Well, thanks for inviting me, but I don't want to come in because I'm uncomfortable with dogs," they get offended. Who the heck are they to get offended? If anyone should be offended here, it should be me. I basically got told that I'm less important than a freaking animal.

Whew! Sorry about the rant. But anyway, those are my feelings about dogs. Is there anyone else here who doesn't like dogs? Or am I really the only one?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Lots of people are afraid of dogs, some of them with good personal reasons.
    -end of thread-

I like dogs. Not all dogs though, I have some left over ill feelings from my paper run days as a kid. That dogs remind you of wolves made me sad. I promise I'll behave if you ever come around.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

dogs are either pretty fun, ok or so annoying that it makes me want to kill them, depending on the individual, usually really annoying or barely acceptable. i wouldnt want to get a dog tho, or maybe if i lived in the countryside so that he would live outside and i wouldnt need to take him out all the time to poo. but i would take a raccoon dog or silver fox instead or maybe could take a dog too to keep him company.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

I love dogs. They are so loving and are great cuddle partners. They protect you from harm, from waste, and from loneliness. Often, when I was sick, they would help me. Alert the other human that I was passed out on the bathroom floor.

I love dogs. I think their smell is quirky. And humans might do worse things with their mouths.
    a cat is fine too

MBTI
    yupp

I like dogs, yeah some dogs suck, but I have yet to meet a dog that was vicious.

If you really hate dogs, and you have to go somewhere that the person owns a dog, tell them you're highly allergic to dogs.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I have yet to meet a dog that was vicious.
    i have been randomly attacked by dogs two times without any reason, once there was two german shepherds and other time one rottweiler. luckily i used to have a dog when i was a kid and fought with her all the time quite aggressively, so i know how to handle them
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

I dont hate dogs, I tolerate them. Personally Id rather have a cat than a dog, but its because of the attention a dog require. My uncle and aunt had a labrador, who didnt require much attention. I remember as a kid that I was always excited to go to their house because of the dog.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i have been randomly attacked by dogs two times without any reason, once there was two german shepherds and other time one rottweiler. luckily i used to have a dog when i was a kid and fought with her all the time quite aggressively, so i know how to handle them
    I'm not denying vicious dogs don't exist, but lot of times it's the owner's fault in the way they handle the dog.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

Dog farts. Hilarious and worth it.
    a cat is fine too