User Tag List

View Poll Results: How do you feel about dogs?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't like dogs.

    16 14.81%
  • I can tolerate dogs.

    22 20.37%
  • I like dogs.

    70 64.81%
First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 188

  1. #81
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    After all, what animal goes around killing others of it's own species by the millions? And what other animal is consistently dishonest during daily interactions with others?
    What's ironic about that, is that humans are also the only "animals" that would feel any guilt about those things. Others just feel no remorse if they kill something. Animals aren't better than human beings just because they don't have the capacity to commit the same atrocities, because they also don't the capacity to do the same great, selfless deeds. They have no moral compass. Humans are capable of both the greatest evil, and the greatest good. That is why we're important.

    So animals are better because they lack the capacity to influence their environment significantly? This does not compute.

  2. #82
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    We've had some idiot dogs, but we've also had some amazing intelligent loving animals, like my dog Sheba when I was growing up. She mothered me and Jaye like we were her puppies, and she'd defend us against all comers even though she was terribly short. She used to run home with my friend to make sure she got there safe (dangerous neighborhood), and then run straight back to our house. She could be pretty gross, but she also loved us with her whole heart.

    Saying that, my INTJ bff has a mad repulsion to dogs. He's gotten better over time, but we still make sure to respect his need to not be touched or forced near a dog. I understand their ickier traits, and honor that.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  3. #83
    mrs disregard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    7,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Human beings are sentient. We are capable of complex forms of communication, empathy, reasoning, and more. We can think about death. We have the capacity to dream, to be creative. We can choose whether to behave in a selfish or self-sacrificing manner. We... are REAL. We MATTER. Animals... aren't like that. They just ARE. They just exist, survive, and reproduce. Humans can do more than that. That's why we're more important.
    But humans are capable of evil and wrong-doing, and they act upon that capability everywhere you turn. What, now, is so wrong with a creature that simply exists, survives, reproduces? If it does not rape, murder, steal, emotionally wound?

    And all criminals don't feel guilt about their crimes. Far from it.

  4. #84
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    and about 100 years ago or less didn't people consider black people and jews less than human? not deserving of human rights? not saying that animals should have the same rights as humans nor that they are humans but you're looking at it all wrong. I respect your opinion that animals don't have emotions, i just think you're wrong no offense.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  5. #85
    The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    I think dogs are just like people, only they stink, they don't have manners and they can't talk. In fact, now that I'm writing this I realize they're just very furry and wild babies. My father hates dogs, though. When I was little he tried to train me so I'd hate them or be afraid of them. He didn't succeed.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -


    SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

    Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

  6. #86
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    I think dogs are just like people, only they stink, they don't have manners and they can't talk. In fact, now that I'm writing this I realize they're just very furry and wild babies. My father hates dogs, though. When I was little he tried to train me so I'd hate them or be afraid of them. He didn't succeed.
    yeah our dog is like the combination between a toddler with down syndrome and a senile and perverted old man. I've never hated an animal, so I don't understand this hatred, I even don't hate snakes, I'm terrified of them but I just avoid them and would never allow them in the place I lived. speaking of snakes, [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg"]probably shouldn't watch while eating[/YOUTUBE]
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  7. #87
    Senior Member Santosha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    There is no bad dog. There are only bad dog-owners. Dogs are very trainable and ususally respond well to consistant reward and punishment. So if you go to someones house and the dog jumps at you, barks at you, or does anything that irritates you other than sitting there, the OWNERS have not taken the time to work with it. Hardly the dogs fault.

    I LOVE DOGS! I have both a Boxer/Rottweiler and a cat.

    1) Dogs are sincere (unlike many human) they show unconditional love and companionship. There have been dogs that have stayed with there owners even when they have become homelss and have no idea where there getting their next meal.
    2) Some dogs have great ability to sense danger, even in people. My parents had a dog that loved almost everyone, but would bark like crazy when a certain neighbor would approach the house. The neighbor turned out to be a chester. But he never got close to me because of our dog.
    3) They have proven that dogs can smell things like infection and cancer in a humans body. A news story hit in our area of an older guy that had some kind of infected toe. He was this old geizer that wouldnt get it looked at, an the infection was spreading through his body. One night he passed out in a drunken stupor, and woke up to his dog gnawing the toe off! He went to the hospital and they told him that if he had left the toe on much longer they would have had to take his leg!
    4) People have had their dogs drag them out of cars ways, run for help when theyve been lost, lots of survivol stories.

    I respect a differing view, but some of the more ruthless comments on here just show very little understanding in dogs.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

  8. #88
    Senior Member Santosha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    ALso, question to the OP.. where exactly do you think dogs "belong"? Should we just cast them out to run the streets rampid and starving? Humans have taken over many inhabitable areas for dogs. Would we want dogs running in packs in the country side, untrained and wild, attacking local hikers? Or should we just completely terminate the species? Wouldnt be the first time humans did that.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

  9. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    ALso, question to the OP.. where exactly do you think dogs "belong"? Should we just cast them out to run the streets rampid and starving? Humans have taken over many inhabitable areas for dogs. Would we want dogs running in packs in the country side, untrained and wild, attacking local hikers? Or should we just completely terminate the species? Wouldnt be the first time humans did that.
    We have infinitely complicated the human experience on earth by domesticating canines for centuries. We are now responsible for them. Dog ownership seems like an antiquated term. We (as species) belong to one other for better or worse.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

  10. #90
    Senior Member Santosha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    We have infinitely complicated the human experience on earth by domesticating canines for centuries. We are now responsible for them. Dog ownership seems like an antiquated term. We (as species) belong to one other for better or worse.
    Ya, but that isn't really helping the the current "problem" is it? You mentioned that dogs should be kept outside. Anyone with a dog knows that keeping a dog outside on a permanent basis is usually a bad idea if you ALSO want to keep your dog reasonably trained and socialized with humans. Some people have dogs in really cold places, where it would simply be cruel to do this. Infact, its one of my biggest pet-peeves. I see alot of people get puppies because they are "Cute, cuddley, etc) and as the dog grows they just throw it in the backyard and forget about it. These people shouldn't have dogs imo.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Similar Threads

  1. Does anyone else hate their type's profiles?
    By BlackCat in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 07-22-2009, 10:36 AM
  2. Does anyone else hate posting in long threads?
    By Azseroffs in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 09:43 PM
  3. does anyone else make up a lot of ideas for computer games?
    By Zergling in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 04:46 PM
  4. Does anyone else visit this site?
    By The Ü™ in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 10:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO