User Tag List

View Poll Results: How do you feel about dogs?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't like dogs.

16 14.81%
  • I can tolerate dogs.

22 20.37%
  • I like dogs.

70 64.81%
First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I think it's wrong for people to like animals more than people. To me, that's a symbol of everything that is wrong in this world. Caring too much about silly little animals, caring nothing about other human beings.
    I really don't think this is the case.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I agree with you, ideally this should be what everyone should be doing. In reality tho it's often human beings that hurt other human beings and not dogs and that's why reality is as it is, sometimes..
    That's true. I suppose I pity such people more than anything, ultimately. As much as I've been hurt by people, I still love them more than I love animals... because they're human, and I can potentially relate to them in ways I could never relate to an animal.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think it's wrong for people to like animals more than people. To me, that's a symbol of everything that is wrong in this world. Caring too much about silly little animals, caring nothing about other human beings.
    Why are people more important than animals? We're just another species on Earth. Is it because we have higher intelligence? There are more of us? We can talk? Don't get me wrong, if I had to make a choice between saving a person's life an saving an animal's, I would choose the person (though if the animal were my dog I'd probably be emotionally wounded forever). But there are lots of charity causes, everyone has their own beliefs on this and it's pretty mean to say that someone is a bad person for donating to these causes. I personally think Toys for Tots is a stupid charity.... when some kids are starving, I'm not going to give money for other kids to have toys. But a lot of people like that cause and that's their business.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

I've heard people say the same thing about me... that I'm too self-content and quirky to be at all likeable.
    I don't think so. I believe it's your acerbic intolerance and expectation that others make allowances that you can't won't reciprocate. (Isn't this the basis of any basic relationship, human or otherwise?)

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200
    Well, I guess it's fitting that I get along well with an animal that is perceived in much the same way I am. Even people who don't like cats seem to think that I'm cat-like... which is unfortunate for me.
    I appreciate cats, despite their characteristic lack of "emoting"... they rarely impose their "needs" upon their owner, which appears to be part of their appeal. Apart from your hatred of canines, do your significant human interactions fare better or is your "tolerance" restricted to cats?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTP

It takes all kinds to attend to the good that needs doing in the world. Some will be drawn to helping the homeless, some to curing cancer, some to helping children's causes, some to alleviate the suffering of animals brought on by humans. I feel comforted in the fact that we all are drawn to different areas. If we were all the same, there would probably be a lot more suffering in the world.

When I think about all the suffering animals are forced to endure because humans neglect them, hurt them, beat them, allow them to procreate and then take no responsibility for them, it truly sickens me, and I think it cheapens us as a society. I agree with the Gandhi quote.

I don't think you have to LIKE dogs, but I also think your hatred of dogs goes above and beyond what most non-dog people feel. It feels a bit more like a phobia.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    Why are people more important than animals? We're just another species on Earth. Is it because we have higher intelligence? There are more of us? We can talk?
    Human beings are sentient. We are capable of complex forms of communication, empathy, reasoning, and more. We can think about death. We have the capacity to dream, to be creative. We can choose whether to behave in a selfish or self-sacrificing manner. We... are REAL. We MATTER. Animals... aren't like that. They just ARE. They just exist, survive, and reproduce. Humans can do more than that. That's why we're more important.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I appreciate cats, despite their characteristic lack of "emoting"... they rarely impose their "needs" upon their owner, which appears to be part of their appeal. Apart from your hatred of canines, do your significant human interactions fare better or is your "tolerance" restricted to cats?
    I want your cat. Mine just came for the third time today and meowed. I checked the cat toilet and his water, checked out fine. I think he wants to play this time. This cat has made me his bitch :/
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I don't think so. I believe it's your acerbic intolerance and expectation that others make allowances that you can't won't reciprocate. (Isn't this the basis of any basic relationship, human or otherwise?)
    I'm not necessarily this vocal about my dislike for the animals. I just try to come up with ways to avoid being around them. I don't expect people to make allowances for me in all areas of life.

Well, I do get along pretty well with people who don't own dogs, but there don't seem to be a lot of them. Those people are just... awesome, though.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I have a lot of friends that are cat-lovers. I'm allergic to cats. I don't feel like people are alienating me because they keep their cats in their home and respect them as a member of their family. I didn't feel my family hated me when they got a cat.

If you dislike dogs, it is one thing. "My right to not be subjected to a dog"?? You don't have a right like that. It is a privilage to have friends.. not a right. I've had to do it before with a home filled with cats. It is not that big of a deal. It is not disrespectful to wait outside.

The amount of hatred youi exhibit for dogs.. I think you might need to work on it. Surely you can see how much you love cats, and understand that someone could have that same affection towards a dog.

Cats have all sorts of personalities as well.. Rainbows's cat and my family's cats have no problem walking right up to me and asking for attention. They will walk right up to me and put their heads under my hand, or if I am sitting down it'll jump on my chest and start pressing into my neck and chest with its paws (a comforting thing they do from when they were kittens nursing) that hurts. They sit on all of your stuff, and they shed like crazy. They have no regard for things you own or things you've cleaned -- laundry baskets, computers, chairs, cakes you just bought in a box, etc.. and they don't even bathe. They lick themselves clean. Surely that's not anymore sanitary than a weekly bath a dog gets. Cats mark you with pheramones like you are property, and bring in dead animals they've hunted and used in their teeth, which they in turn lick themselves clean with and you pet them afterwards. They claw at your furniture and destroy things by playing with them and knocking them over and the climb up everything.

I could name foul things about animals all day and night.. but in the end, cats have qualities capable of being loved, and I do love them despite their flaws. Dogs are much the same. You want unsanitary habits, talk about humans.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

I'm not necessarily this vocal about my dislike for the animals. I just try to come up with ways to avoid being around them. I don't expect people to make allowances for me in all areas of life.

Well, I do get along pretty well with people who don't own dogs, but there don't seem to be a lot of them. Those people are just... awesome, though.
    We got along well in person when I saw you in November. Or have you forgotten?

I'm sorry to see you are rewriting history because you discovered yesterday I own a dog. Your conclusions are nonsequiturs.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke