User Tag List

View Poll Results: How do you feel about dogs?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't like dogs.

16 14.81%
  • I can tolerate dogs.

22 20.37%
  • I like dogs.

70 64.81%
First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Um, yeah, if you kick my Shih Tzu, we're probably not going to be friends anymore. But if you let me know, politely, that you have issues with dogs, I'd put her in the other room while you visit. I don't take kindly to people being contemptuous about my dog, because I love her. I'm not going to not take that personally. With a little give and take, though, we can respect each other's wishes.

Dogs are one of the few things in life that inspire pure delight and altruism in me. People can be real jerks, but dogs are so naturally loving and trusting that I can't help but love them. When I do charitable things, it usually involves caring for animals. They depend entirely on us for their well-being, and that kind of makes me gooey inside. Cats are too self-sufficient and quirky and unpredictable for me to truly love, though I do like all animals.
    Something Witty

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Dogs are re-lent-less. I just don't have the energy for them.. I loved Dogs growing up.. Cat person now..

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I don't like dogs... I LOVE dogs

Dogs are loyal and dependable in a way that people aren't... I'm willing to put up with the fact that they smell funny and shed in order to be greeted by a happy, dancing creature when I walk in the door!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Um, yeah, if you kick my Shih Tzu, we're probably not going to be friends anymore.
    Well, if you can't control your dog, and it comes at me while I have no place to run from it... that's what is probably going to happen. If it means we're not friends... then we're not friends. I have several family members that won't even speak to me because of the way I've reacted to their dogs. Your words here cannot possibly bring me much more pain. I just do not trust those animals the way other people do. Sorry.
    But if you let me know, politely, that you have issues with dogs, I'd put her in the other room while you visit.
    Well, I always let people know that. And if they refuse to put the dog up, I refuse to come in, because I know that I might freak out and kick the dog. I don't WANT to kick the dog, I just can't help it if I get scared.
    I don't take kindly to people being contemptuous about my dog, because I love her.

I'm not going to not take that personally. With a little give and take, though, we can respect each other's wishes.
    I wish that more people felt that way.
    Dogs are one of the few things in life that inspire pure delight and altruism in me. People can be real jerks, but dogs are so naturally loving and trusting that I can't help but love them. When I do charitable things, it usually involves caring for animals. They depend entirely on us for their well-being, and that kind of makes me gooey inside.

So, you'd rather donate money to help a bunch of dogs rather than human beings who have cancer or something? Wow. I... cannot comprehend that kind of misanthropy. And they say I'm the one with issues. Huh... no wonder we live in such a screwed up world. No one cares about other people, but everyone loves dogs. I find that extremely depressing.
    Cats are too self-sufficient and quirky and unpredictable for me to truly love.
    I've heard people say the same thing about me... that I'm too self-content and quirky to be at all likeable. Well, I guess it's fitting that I get along well with an animal that is perceived in much the same way I am. Even people who don't like cats seem to think that I'm cat-like... which is unfortunate for me.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    So, you'd rather donate money to help a bunch of dogs rather than human beings who have cancer or something? Wow. I... cannot comprehend that kind of misanthropy. And they say I'm the one with issues. Huh... no wonder we live in such a screwed up world. No one cares about other people, but everyone loves dogs. I find that extremely depressing.
    It's not misanthrophy if you like dogs more than people. This would be like you hate muslims cause you dont go to a mosque
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I've been afraid of them. I've gotten rid of that, but I rarely like dogs. Generally, I just don't care about them. Thinking of their attributes isn't in any way delighting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

^^ Tallullah,

Interesting that you put it this way.

I have agendas against many groups, but dog people aren't one of them. You just laugh at this, but I think of dogs as the "other cat". And, I love cats.

I'm allergic to both of them. I dont think of it their fault, though. Why would someone wanna kick a dog? They behave well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

95% of all the charity I have ever performed either by service or financially has been to animal causes.
    I had no idea it diminished my humanity.

I guess this Gandhi guy was an asshole.. To think I took this quote to heart when I was a child.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    It's not misanthrophy if you like dogs more than people.
    I think it's wrong for people to like animals more than people. To me, that's a symbol of everything that is wrong in this world. Caring too much about silly little animals, caring nothing about other human beings.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I think it's wrong for people to like animals more than people. To me, that's a symbol of everything that is wrong in this world. Caring too much about silly little animals, caring nothing about other human beings.
    I agree with you, ideally this should be what everyone should be doing. In reality tho it's often human beings that hurt other human beings and not dogs and that's why reality is as it is, sometimes..
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]