User Tag List

View Poll Results: How do you feel about dogs?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't like dogs.

16 14.81%
  • I can tolerate dogs.

22 20.37%
  • I like dogs.

70 64.81%
First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    However, big giant manbearpig dogs that jump around frantically like they're on crystal meth and insist on licking your face with breath that smells like the aftermath of an small enclosed room with no insulation that just got done hosting a 24-hour long 30-person gloryhole marathon session on the hottest day of the summer, can piss off.
    LMAO! Amen!
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

I like dogs more than cats. Cats are nice too, but a good dog strikes me more as almost a sort of friend. When I grow up I will probably only have a large dog, eventually.
    4w5-9w1-5w4

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I involuntarily have a dog (jack russell) but I prefer my 2 fluffy cats any day. A dog has the psychology of 3yr old. The one good thing about it is that he forces me to go out for walks (he hates running though, crawls away behind my wife whenever he sees me taking my sport shoes).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Dogs are smarter than cats!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encephalization_quotient
    Encephalization Quotient (EQ), or encephalization level is a measure of relative brain size defined as the ratio between actual brain mass and predicted brain mass for an animal of a given size, which is hypothesized to be a rough estimate of the intelligence of the animal.

Cats - 1,0
    Dogs - 1,2
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

Dogs are for people with a thirst for power who demand respect and obedience from others, but lack the natural charisma and authority to get it. So they settle for the next best thing, a four legged critter whose life depend on their owner, who lacks self-respect and humiliates itself for a treat, and follow orders without question. Dog owners are basically petty little sadists bemoaning the fact that they are about 150 years late to legally buy and own another human being.

Having a cat is a hallmark of emotional maturity and shows you're capable of reciprocal relationships. You enjoy each other's company, the relationship is mutually beneficial, but you're both emotionally independent and respectful of personal boundaries. A cat is aware of its own worth, which is why it will never degrade itself performing tricks on demand like a lobotomized circus freak. It's a bond built on respect and acceptance and the reason why cat owners are people of strong moral fiber, whilst dog owners are the abusive half of an abusive relationship.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm not a dog person. I don't mind them around as long as they're well trained. Their barking can be a headache, but I know they're also useful for the safety of some folks who live alone. They're a bit too dependent/noisy for my taste.

I feel like the love of a cat has more depth, to some degree. With every dog I've been exposed to, there's a bit of blind dedication to their master. That sort of zeal always makes me cringe. With cats, they choose you.

I watched a really cool documentary about dogs, however, & I've a newfound respect for them/their evolution & integration into the lives of humans. Still not the pet for me, though.

It's been taken down from Youtube (there's one of a similar title floating around on Youtube, but it's not the episode I'm referring to).
    It's this one: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00pssgh (might be able to find it on piratebay *cough*)
    If you can find it, I highly recommend, which is saying a lot, coming from a CatLady.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    Meow
    Enneagram
    :0) so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I do like dogs, but the liking is largely countered by my fear of them. I've been chased down and attacked by several dogs, so most of the time my first instinct when I see one is to run. (Also, people say not to run from them, but when a huge dog with sharp teeth with a crazed look in its eye is running after me, my first instinct is not to stick around.)

"Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high.
    Then life seems almost enchanted after all."
    - Vincent van Gogh

johari/nohari

infp 4w5 ?w? 9w? so=sp>sx

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    Dogs are for people with a thirst for power who demand respect and obedience from others, but lack the natural charisma and authority to get it. So they settle for the next best thing, a four legged critter whose life depend on their owner, who lacks self-respect and humiliates itself for a treat, and follow orders without question. Dog owners are basically petty little sadists bemoaning the fact that they are about 150 years late to legally buy and own another human being.
    wow.............i did not know i was all those things..........incredible

smh
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    wow.............i did not know i was all those things..........incredible

smh

I'm joking.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post