User Tag List

View Poll Results: How do you feel about dogs?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't like dogs.

16 14.81%
  • I can tolerate dogs.

22 20.37%
  • I like dogs.

70 64.81%
First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    OCD, and genuine fear of dogs is a different story..
    Those two might actually be issues for me. I've always feared dogs, but all this hatred is mostly a rationalization for why I fear dogs, and have a compulsion to avoid being around them. I just don't trust dogs, I'm not built to trust them.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I love dogs!

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Those two might actually be issues for me. I've always feared dogs, but all this hatred is mostly a rationalization for why I fear dogs, and have a compulsion to avoid being around them. I just don't trust dogs, I'm not built to trust them.
    I'm glad you can see it, anyway. That's the first step.
    -end of thread-

Ginkgo

I love dogs.

Of course, they tend to be mindless, yammering, and easy to condition to the point of being robotic; but that depends.

Dogs are mans best friend, and friends effect each other, draw each other closer, drift away, tango, do the twist, etc. Closer friends become inseparable, knowing each others thoughts, laughing at the same things, and finishing each others' sentences. Dogs are no exception, since you can tell a good owner by his dog.

Whereas cats simply don't give a shit. They're that second cousin that you always see at family dinner parties. You know they're technically same-blood, but you never knew them beyond that obligation to acknowledge their mere existence.

Granted, cats are cute, quasi-social, and independent. I wouldn't mind owning a cat, given they weren't home wreckers. They're just not as awesome as dogs.

Now, internet memes are telling of how most people view these animals; dogs are portrayed as dumb, incompetent, and goofy, while cats are portrayed as emotive, dignified, and complex.

Why is that?

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I think that dogs are disgusting animals. They really have no place in a home. Now, keeping a dog in the backyard, or having a hunting dog is one thing... but I don't like the fact that people keep these animals in their home. Especially not when they have guests.

I have such a long list of people I have to avoid because they own dogs. Now, I will explain my reasons for loathing these four-legged atrocities.

First of all, they remind me of wolves. I cannot look at a dog, any dog, without seeing a wolf. That mental image of a wolf makes me incredibly anxious, and I can't get it out of my head. So above all, I feel incredibly anxious whenever there's a dog present.

Next, there's the hygiene. They usually smell horrible, they like to lick their dirty butts and then lick people's hands/faces, eat their own feces, and unless you're very lucky, they defecate and urinate on the floor.

Now we have behavior. Dogs bark VERY loudly whenever they hear something, and it's very annoying. When someone comes inside, they insist on approaching FAST and sniffing or jumping up on people (sometimes even licking them), and it's really creepy. What if I don't want to be touched/approached by the dog? I feel like it's a violation of my personal space. Also, it scares the heck of me to see the wolf dog approaching at that speed. Also, whenever I eat in the presence of a dog, I know the dog is waiting for me to drop something and then swoop in to eat it. I don't appreciate having it hover over me like a vulture, and I don't like it getting that close to me to eat whatever I might drop. Oh, and they also have a very clumsy, sloppy gait... they're always sniffing around at things with their big ugly noses, and they're always panting with their tongues hanging out, making noise. They keep trying to demand attention and interact with me against my will, and I DO NOT like it.

These are the reasons why I cannot stand dogs, and feel like it's unfair that I'm so often subjected to the mangy animals. I feel that I get no respect, that I'm just expected to be okay with the animals... not just in private homes, but increasingly in public places. I have had to leave stores because someone with a dog came in, and nothing was done about it. Often, it wasn't even on a leash. There should be rules about this.

I think that a person who keeps a dog in their home, and invites people there expecting them to accept the invitation, is extremely inconsiderate of their guests. A dog is an intrusive, disgusting, and potentially dangerous creature, and just because you want to live with one, doesn't mean you should be able to expect of me that I will feel safe or comfortable being around it. I mean, it's one thing if they put the dog up... that's fine. But the majority of dog owners WILL NOT do this. Their whole attitude is that you're expected to come in and be okay with the dogs. And then if I try to respectfully say, "Well, thanks for inviting me, but I don't want to come in because I'm uncomfortable with dogs," they get offended. Who the heck are they to get offended? If anyone should be offended here, it should be me. I basically got told that I'm less important than a freaking animal.

Whew! Sorry about the rant. But anyway, those are my feelings about dogs. Is there anyone else here who doesn't like dogs? Or am I really the only one?
    Graaah, yes, same! I hate dogs also, they are really disgusting animals with their genital organs wich hangs. I could'nt tolerate theses creatures in my home in anyway. I'm globally agree with everything you said, except that I'm not afraid by them. Plus dogs need to be walked and they are submissive with a slave mentality. I think that dogs are mutts, eventually useful for police detective work, but hardly anything more.

Incredible to think that there's 30 millions dogs on that planet, and I live in a country where their is 10 millions. 1 for 6 people! The result: Paris is one of the dirtyest city of the western world because of all these people who walk their smutts and dont gather their droppings. There is tons of motorcycles-poo in Paris who desperately try to maintain the city a little clean. It is a public service, paid with our taxes, a money wich could be used to build hospitals, build schools, help the poors, or pay the national debt, wich means that smutts are obviously a cost and a damage for society. Of course, there's a minor part of them who are not disgusting and even a little sweet, but that need too much efforts and they are too much expansive to really be a cost/gain benefit.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    yupp

horses, humans, i'm sure there's more genitals also hang. do you find those animals disgusting?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Now, internet memes are telling of how most people view these animals; dogs are portrayed as dumb, incompetent, and goofy, while cats are portrayed as emotive, dignified, and complex.

Why is that?
    Here is one idea
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Speaking of disgusting animals:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I have mixed feelings about dogs. On one hand, I enjoy their emotional energy, appearances, and tendency to be affectionate; on the other hand, I find them uncleanly and a little bit too rambunctious for my tastes. And the barking, oh my heavens, the barking. It really isn't necessary to burst the entire neighborhood's eardrums every time someone walks by on the opposite side of the street.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

One more 'I love dogs' person here.

I get why people don't though. Just like how some people hate kids. If you're not enjoying them, they probably just seem like messy, intrusive, stupid annoyances.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.