User Tag List

First 123 Last

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I constantly have this inner dialogue going on my head.
    I do this too. I'll only talk out loud to myself if I'm sure that I'm alone. And it's not like I have extensive monologues. I might mumble some fragment and not even notice it most of the time.

ThatGirl

The only time I have ever spoken to myself is during times where I am remembering something very vivid, and a slight "Oh fuck!" escapes my mouth before I even have time to think about it.

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

I have times when there's no stopping my mouth and I'll blabber all sorts of things out o my mouth, by which most are pointed towards myself. Even answering questions or the like, I end up talking to myself because I am unsure whether or not what I am saying is in it's most harmonious state with myself at that time. I also run the risk of walking into walls or other arbitrary buildings when I'm stuck in fantasyland and I act out every character I conjure in those moments as the antagonists they are. I most probably possess a certain quality of the hero-complex and as such, will be the protagonist no matter what the story will end up about.

Lately, however, I've felt rather down and distressed, which results in me being quiet and not as lively but somehow I show my heart on my sleeve anyway. . .

I haven't accepted my little habit of living my fantasy/talking to myself and usually end up with saying/screaming to myself after noticing, something along the lines of: "Shut up, stop talking! It's fucking weird, you know? So please stop talking, dude, you are talking to yourself right now!" *hit my head* "So quiet. Right. Not talking. Gotcha. Yes. . . " *goes silent for a few hours/days.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantonym View Post
    I do this too. I'll only talk out loud to myself if I'm sure that I'm alone. And it's not like I have extensive monologues. I might mumble some fragment and not even notice it most of the time.

Is there a cure?
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    The only time I have ever spoken to myself is during times where I am remembering something very vivid, and a slight "Oh fuck!" escapes my mouth before I even have time to think about it.
    this

maybe a bit of mumbling now and then

Also, it kind of pisses me off when people talk to themselves, and then seamlessly start talking to me and expect me to track what they're saying

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I don't talk out loud to myself. I just think. Inside my head. Usually just in monologues, but sometimes dialogues when I try to imagine what someone else would say. Only when I'm thinking really hard I need to think out loud. I never really talked to myself out loud, I guess I really learned I'd better avoid it when everybody thought I had a split personality and voices in my head.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisica View Post
    Maybe, but I was critical about my habit in that comment!
    You should post a video in the video: type me thread. I anticipate changes for you.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Sniffles

"If a man does not talk to himself, it is because he is not worth talking to."
    -GK Chesterton

always talking to myself. sometimes in my head.
    sometimes out loud. i exclaim a lot...out loud.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    Is there a cure?
    Guillotine, obviously.

But seriously, self-awareness, I suppose. It doesn't cure it, but maybe it might help do some damage control so that things don't get too out of hand. You're already doing it by reminding yourself that you're talking to yourself. Even if it is for a few hours/days, it's still better than nothing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Only in my head I talk usually (basically all the time), but I might really talk to myself when I am annoyed and swearing / complaining, lol. Happens every now and then.