User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

As if I haven't posted enough little anecdotes in this thread... I was nostalgia'ing with my mother, when she reminded me of something I did as a child.

When I was 8 years old, I decided I wanted to change my name... And for some reason I chose the name "Tanya" (Which is nowhere close to my real name). I started ignoring people when they referred to me by my real name. I would only respond to 'Tanya'. I did this for over 6 months. My mother had to explain to my teachers why I was suddenly writing "Tanya" on all of my papers. My grandmother was furious, because I refused to respond to my real name and she refused to call me by the name Tanya.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

You are very odd. I like that.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I was almost the opposite of what I am now, in some ways. I was extremely obedient, timid, and somewhat shy.

However, I had the urge to perform and draw attention to myself *on stage* (or on coffee table) from a very young age. I had this bizarre personality where I'd get very shy and timid around strangers, even groups of other children, but would dance and sing on stage and enjoyed it.

I never rebelled and wanted to make adults happy. The only time I usually got in trouble was for talking to my friends too much or passing notes to my friends, or even reading a novel in class when I was supposed to be doing school work. Really minor stuff.

I cried easily and loved stuffed animals. I had a huge collection of stuffed animals and a large collection of books.

I liked to play board games and cards, and play outside riding my bike, or swimming. I also went through a phase where I liked to hula hoop and play ping pong. I never liked organized sports but I liked to dribble a basketball around or throw and catch tennis balls, too.

I took dance, gymnastics, and piano lessons outside of normal public school.

I was very, very attached to my grandfather (I'm sure NO ONE has guessed that already from my anecdotes) and I was afraid to even stay the night at my friends' houses until I was about 9 years old, I would cry for my grandparents to come and get me.

I liked to read books under trees and play on the swings on the playground. I also liked the monkey bars.

I had crushes on boys from a very young age, and remember kissing this one kid on the cheek in kindergarten who sat next to me on the school bus.

In some fundamental ways I'm still the same, but you would probably never guess from the way I challenge people now that I was a very shy and timid girl.

Who I became as a teenager is a whole different story.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I was a holy terror as a child... I tended to run away from class because it was boring and would occasionally disappear to take a nap in the coat closet as well... I also tended to read the encyclopedia for fun, take anything left sitting around apart and not putting it back together and I would occasionally get in a fight with someone else as well. I got mostly Fs in citizenship and As in everything else, hung out with the popular kids and was sent to cooperation class in order to learn to be a "good child" :rolli:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    i was a very happy-go-lucky child,
    very, very curious. very, very hungry.
    i was a little busybody, but at the
    same time was just in my own head,
    marching to my own beat in my own
    world.

my parents always said i could
    talk a monkey down a tree.
    up until fifth grade, all my teachers
    called me little miss chatterbox.
    One of my nicknames was "motormouth."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I remember some more now...

age 3/4: wanted to explore and hide everywhere and thought that I was improving the walls with my artwork. Made up the characters of a ghost girl and duck/child hybrid.

age 5/6: excited by school but disappointed by the low amount of challenges, wanted to show off random facts to the teacher but too scared to do it, kept to myself a lot but joined in with the other kids if the adventure game was cool enough. And I asked 'why' questions on to infinity.

age 7/8: the other kids started to change, and I distanced myself from them except for jungle gym games. Liked science books but did not read stories unless I had to. Once referred to being cold as a drop in body temperature to '98.5 degrees fahrenheit'

age 9/10: started talking to other kids again, somehow got wrapped up in what became the popular clique and started to pick up a slight valley girl persona from there, but still most of the time instead of watching them chat I went and looked out in the grass for bugs and other things to discover. Lost all confidence in school from a few key 'failures' and losing the ability to follow directions. Began earning all Fs. Became more moody, but compensated by acting as a very quiet class clown (it is possible). Accidently started somewhat of a cult by making dolls out of a certain type of plant (in a very similar way to the cult I started here way back when. In both cases I secretly enjoyed the attention )

And overall: Extremely quiet yet playful and somewhat enthusiastic. I watched TV almost all the time I wasn't at school, along with a little video games. Rugrats was my favorite show for 10 years solid, and my favorite movie was Matilda. Totally not the planning or goal-oriented type but had a perfectionist streak. Also had a combination of taking things too literally and making up things that were too crazy. Liked to have exact facts and know how things work, but also greatly desired to someday understand the 'how' behind that 'how'. Kind of cute and dorky at the same time (physical appearance and otherwise...)

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

I was loud as hell, bossy, unwilling/unable to share my toys-- it took me a LONG time to grow into my personality! I was loud to the point of being annoying/socially awkward. I had a bad temper and didn't deal well with frustration.
    I often got along better with adults than my age peers (though part of this is due to being an only child).
    I was forever organizing (or attempting to organize) clubs and groups of kids.
    I loved Girl Scouts, swim team, band class/flute lessons, and most classes in school except for PE and handwriting. I sucked at art as a child and therefore didn't like art class much either. (I enjoyed it in high school, though, even though I still wasn't good at it!)
    I loved reading, playing with legos, playing with trucks, exploring outside, dressing up my dolls, playing on the swingset, making up dance routines, and putting on "shows" for the neighborhood, with my friends.
    My dad's nickname for me was "Chatterbox"
    I didn't like hanging out with the girly girls.
    I'm still friends with my first best friend, female ISTJ, whom I've known since first grade.
    I had Garbage Pail Kids folders in first grade when the other girls had Lisa Frank.
    I couldn't wait to be on the safety patrol!
    I pored over maps, atlases, encyclopedias, dictionaries. I was put one grade ahead in reading class.
    I rode my tricycle in the house.
    I liked to get in just enough trouble to become notorious among the kids, but not enough trouble to bring serious punishment from parents/school authority. I wanted to be well-known and sought attention, until junior high when I tried to be as invisible as possible at school.
    I was happy and gregarious almost all the time but also always had a thoughtful/emotional/meditative side.
    I was never shy or afraid-- when the other kids cried on the first day of kindergarten, my mom says I was just fine! Same with going to sleep-away camp-- I was annoyed when other kids got homesick.
    I went to camp every summer starting in fourth grade-- I loved being outdoors and meeting new people.
    I loved the structure of school.
    I got bad marks for "citizenship" on my report cards b/c I talked all.the.time.
    I was completely unaware of other people's feelings.
    Never played games that didn't "make sense" in the real world-- completely uninterested in sci-fi/fantasy (still am). Played out scenarios such as school, college, theatre, house, graduation, store, and dance club.
    Always restless and wanting to GO SOMEPLACE and DO SOMETHING- which annoyed my introverted parents!
    Last edited by sui generis; 03-17-2011 at 11:56 PM. Reason: add moar
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    When I was 8 years old, I decided I wanted to change my name... And for some reason I chose the name "Tanya" (Which is nowhere close to my real name). I started ignoring people when they referred to me by my real name. I would only respond to 'Tanya'. I did this for over 6 months. My mother had to explain to my teachers why I was suddenly writing "Tanya" on all of my papers. My grandmother was furious, because I refused to respond to my real name and she refused to call me by the name Tanya.
    When I was 4 years old, I did almost exactly the same thing except that I insisted I was a dog and my name was Bootch. I even insisted on being fed from a bowl on the floor. After a few days my mom was pretty worried. She says it lasted a few weeks.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    When I was 4 years old, I did almost exactly the same thing except that I insisted I was a dog and my name was Bootch. I even insisted on being fed from a bowl on the floor. After a few days my mom was pretty worried. She says it lasted a few weeks.
    omfg
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Until I was, like, 8-10, I was more extroverted. I gradually became more and more bookish and nerdy, as well as less outspoken. My childhood memories are a bit fuzzy, but I can recall several of my failures and humiliating moments. :sad: Like the time my friend brought his chihauha for show-and-tell and I stared at the dog until it barked and startled me. People laughed. Ouchie.
    that's not embarrassing, it's just funny