User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I was quiet, sensitive, timid and lived in my own bubble. A lot of people apparently asked my parents if I was mute.

I've really only become a chatter box in recent years.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Adventurous (outdoors and indoors), but not really active. I was just kind of here or there. Not as adventurous as some either. Sometimes I think I got kind of "nannyish" when I thought something was bad. My friends (at the time) called me preacher. "Stop lecturing us, preacher."

I used to draw a lot more (kind of switched to music by my teens). Nothing very original exactly. I was into comic books mostly and copied those. I guess I lived up to some of the shy IFP qualities. My older brother would have friends over, but I never showed off to anyone or was perky. I was in the corner, watching tv, biting my blanket or something. I'd get overwhelmed with the attention they'd give me.

I also got bullied a lot, but used to keep a smile on my face around the worst situations. I think I was trying to disarm people, but it probably annoyed them. So it'd end up bad anyways. I usually would be OK.. I never felt like I was tough. I always felt lucky and accidental.

Sensitive, shy among children, insolent among adults, comically stubborn.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Adventurous (outdoors and indoors), but not really active. I was just kind of here or there. Not as adventurous as some either. Sometimes I think I got kind of "nannyish" when I thought something was bad. My friends (at the time) called me preacher. "Stop lecturing us, preacher."

I used to draw a lot more (kind of switched to music by my teens). Nothing very original exactly. I was into comic books mostly and copied those. I guess I lived up to some of the shy IFP qualities. My older brother would have friends over, but I never showed off to anyone or was perky. I was in the corner, watching tv, biting my blanket or something. I'd get overwhelmed with the attention they'd give me.

I also got bullied a lot, but used to keep a smile on my face around the worst situations. I think I was trying to disarm people, but it probably annoyed them. So it'd end up bad anyways. I usually would be OK.. I never felt like I was tough. I always felt lucky and accidental.
    You sound like my husband.
    a cat is fine too

MBTI
    INtP

As a little kid, I was pretty reserved and stoic most of the time, but hypersensitive to (especially) criticism or being told that someone else was better than me. Anything that I did that wasn't perfect was just the end of the world.

As I grew older, I'm not sure I changed all that much . Just matured some of the edges off. I guess I sort of grew into the "smart kid" who was generally well liked in an unexceptional manner -- no enemies but few friends. I sort of coasted like that through high school -- scrupulously avoided social activities except for some specific groups that friends introduced me to, and even then I was always more of the "guy who shows up" than any sort of integral part of the group. Never really had any strong desire to "fit in", and I was pretty much immune to peer pressure (although I wasn't really a target for it, either).

Looking back, it's not surprising that given how I was as a child, that I grew up into who I am today. In some ways I'm less vocal, forthcoming, and friendly now than I was as a kid, but in others I'm more confident and willing to (grudgingly and unhappily, to be sure, but I don't break apart) accept less than perfect performance from myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

I was outgoing, nice, and didn't have a sense of personal space. I was also intelligent and didn't seem to get the idea that I used words that other people my age didn't know. I was a really good-looking, charming kid, IMO although I lacked a lot of social skills. I thrived on debate, using Te, etc., but at the first hint of someone having some sort of major tirade- slamming doors, yelling, etc, I was the first one to shut down and cry or get really quiet, or get into an argument with the angry person (I'm still this way, except the latter doesn't really happen. I just form unreasonable expectations and hold them for god knows how long). I LOVED reading, especially the Boxcar Children, Captain Underpants, Animorphs, etc as I got older. Then I hit fourth grade and eventually middle school, and as often happens with kids with my disability, I had trouble with abstract math/ concepts, I started having more trouble in school (this culminated in me being asked to leave gifted in 6th grade because I had too much trouble with alot of what they were working on), and shit just got weird, awkward, and depressing.

Now I'm shy, need my personal space, and love debate and conversation. Oh, and I have a beard and I don't wear really thick geeky-looking glasses like i did starting in mid-elementary school. And I'm slowly improving my social skills, I guess?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTp

I was a miserable little girl, really. I hated doing birthday parties, I hated everything about socializing, and sometimes I purposely scared people away because they were too clingy. I used to whine a lot because people didn't understand me, and I always preferred playing alone; other people complicated games and they'd stop being fun. My parents called me a "brat" but they just didn't get me. They wanted me to be like my sister (an ESFJ) and I could never be like her (nor did I want to be). On good days I was witty (still am), loved being the center of attention.
    Last edited by Hera; 02-25-2011 at 08:29 PM.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by chachamaru View Post
    I think I was tender.

And good with BBQ sauce.

Just a speculation.
    I think honey mustard would've been fine too.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I was kind of difficult and different as a child. I was very intelligent and always working on some interesting 'project.' Once I became interested in something, I wanted to learn everything about it until I exhausted the material out there or just got bored with it and then became obsessed with something else. I was alot less polite and tactful as a child. If someone's dress was ugly, I would actually tell them that straight to their face. It took me a long time to grasp social cues and conventions. I don't think I really got it down until high school and even then I did things I'd consider very foolish and embarrasing. I never had many friends although when I was younger I would have liked to. I just never grasped how to socialize properly. I probably had Asperger syndrome but never got an official diagnosis. Middle school was particularly painful as I was mostly friendless and picked on constantly. High school I wasn't picked on so much but mostly ignored. I learned to enjoy my own company as a way of compensating. I became alot more introverted. I was actually quite energetic and talkative pre-high school. I don't know if I was actually an extrovert but I was a lot more extroverted until I reached my teens.

I was quite stubborn and inflexible as a child to the point of exasperating my parents. I'm alot more easygoing now about stuff. I was always asking "why" and my parents didn't always know what to make of that. They would say things like "why do you care?" Eventually, I learned to ask less questions. It was difficult because there was no Internet growing up where I could just look it up myself.

I did well academically but only really cared about grades in high school. In elementary and middle school I did well but not straight A's because I didn't like to study and rushed through homework. In high school I became rather obsessed with grades because that was the one thing I had going for me. I never dated in high schol and all my extracurriculars were limited to academic clubs and a part-time job. I was also totally oblivious to fashion and style and dressed poorly. I thought people who cared about their looks were superficial.

I was terrible at sports and anything atheletic so I never even tried out for any teams. I was kind of self-centered anyway so it was probably good I wasn't on any team sports as I tended to worry more about my own performance.

I didn't get in a whole lot of trouble. One time I got detention for acting up in class but that was about the worst of it. On the other hand I wasn't exactly a saint. I didn't see the point of cleaning up my room (I'm kind of a clean freak now) and never took initiative on household chores or offered to help out. I waited until they insisted I do it and even then I'd protest and it usually took threats of losing priveleges before I complied.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I was a unique snowflake.