User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    And do you think you acted the opposite or relatively the same as you do now? looking back could you see how you ended up being the type you are today? or does it not fit?
    I have stories that have made people say "Awwww. Little ISTJ." several times. But I also have a lot of people who fucking hated me and thought I was a demon child.

When I used to go to the doctor's office there was a shelf of toys in the waiting room. Every time I went there I would pick up the toys and put them all on the shelves. I would go so far as to take toys out of the hands of children who were playing with them to organize them on the shelf.

When I was in the 4th grade, the principal screwed our class out of a field trip. Every class before us had gotten the field trip, but she shifted it to the grade below us our year, so we missed out. I wrote up a petition for our class to get a field trip too, and had the entire 4th grade sign it. The principal was actually very pissed off about it and called my mother in for a meeting. She harassed my mother and scolded her for "making me" write the petition. My mom was like, "What petition.....?" because I hadn't told her about it. And then my ENTJ mother proceeded to inform the principal that a 9-year-old just handled the situation in a more adult manner than most adults would.

As far as my introversion... Whenever kids would call me to hang out I would tell my mom to answer the phone and tell them Im not home. If she made me talk to them I would always say, "I'm grounded Im not allowed to come out today." My mom used to get so pissed and was like, "Everyone is going to think Im the bitchiest parent in town! They think you're always grounded!" I don't think I ever actually got grounded in my life.

However, I apparently had this death glare. My aunt started refusing to babysit me because anytime she would try to tell me "no" about something, I would just freeze and glare at her without blinking until she gave me what I wanted.

I also had a teacher in the 3rd grade who had me transferred out of her class because she couldn't "punish" me. I was getting really bored with school in that class, because I would finish assignments way before the other students... So I would end up getting disruptive sometimes because I had nothing to do. She would SCREAM at me, and when she screamed, a little vein in her forehead would pop out and it made me laugh. So I would always end up laughing at her when she yelled at me. She tried keeping me inside over recess, but I didn't actually like recess so I never cared. So she tried sitting me in a corner facing a wall. I would sing/hum and sit there happy as a clam just to spite her. She actually got in very serious trouble because she left me in a corner for 3 hours one time, because I wouldn't stop smiling and humming. When I told my mom about it she was furious and went to the school board.

After that I pretty much ended up going to my classroom in the morning, picking up my assignments for the day, and then walking to the 'gifted education' room, where I spent the remainder of the day working on things that my gifted education teacher came up with. I was kept out of that teacher's room, and when I got older I found out that she actually claimed to the school board (in defense of her leaving me in the corner for 3 hours) that I was giving her anxiety attacks and she was seeing a therapist. I consider it a victory.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    As far as my introversion... Whenever kids would call me to hang out I would tell my mom to answer the phone and tell them Im not home. If she made me talk to them I would always say, "I'm grounded Im not allowed to come out today." My mom used to get so pissed and was like, "Everyone is going to think Im the bitchiest parent in town! They think you're always grounded!" I don't think I ever actually got grounded in my life.
    That made me LOL.

I was kept out of that teacher's room, and when I got older I found out that she actually claimed to the school board (in defense of her leaving me in the corner for 3 hours) that I was giving her anxiety attacks and she was seeing a therapist. I consider it a victory.

Demon child.

Oberon

[amazing funny childhood story]
    So in other words, this was you:

I'm delighted.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I have stories that have made people say "Awwww. Little ISTJ." several times. But I also have a lot of people who fucking hated me and thought I was a demon child.

When I used to go to the doctor's office there was a shelf of toys in the waiting room. Every time I went there I would pick up the toys and put them all on the shelves. I would go so far as to take toys out of the hands of children who were playing with them to organize them on the shelf.

When I was in the 4th grade, the principal screwed our class out of a field trip. Every class before us had gotten the field trip, but she shifted it to the grade below us our year, so we missed out. I wrote up a petition for our class to get a field trip too, and had the entire 4th grade sign it. The principal was actually very pissed off about it and called my mother in for a meeting. She harassed my mother and scolded her for "making me" write the petition. My mom was like, "What petition.....?" because I hadn't told her about it. And then my ENTJ mother proceeded to inform the principal that a 9-year-old just handled the situation in a more adult manner than most adults would.

However, I apparently had this death glare. My aunt started refusing to babysit me because anytime she would try to tell me "no" about something, I would just freeze and glare at her without blinking until she gave me what I wanted.

I also had a teacher in the 3rd grade who had me transferred out of her class because she couldn't "punish" me. I was getting really bored with school in that class, because I would finish assignments way before the other students... So I would end up getting disruptive sometimes because I had nothing to do. She would SCREAM at me, and when she screamed, a little vein in her forehead would pop out and it made me laugh. So I would always end up laughing at her when she yelled at me. She tried keeping me inside over recess, but I didn't actually like recess so I never cared. So she tried sitting me in a corner facing a wall. I would sing/hum and sit there happy as a clam just to spite her. She actually got in very serious trouble because she left me in a corner for 3 hours one time, because I wouldn't stop smiling and humming. When I told my mom about it she was furious and went to the school board.

After that I pretty much ended up going to my classroom in the morning, picking up my assignments for the day, and then walking to the 'gifted education' room, where I spent the remainder of the day working on things that my gifted education teacher came up with. I was kept out of that teacher's room, and when I got older I found out that she actually claimed to the school board (in defense of her leaving me in the corner for 3 hours) that I was giving her anxiety attacks and she was seeing a therapist. I consider it a victory.
    After reading this I think I am an ISTJ too. The people in 3rd grade laughed at me when I entered the classroom in a suit and when I replaced the class tables and chairs so they make a clear geometrical structure. And it was dirty so dirty and unstructured... I tell you kids !!
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

I want a child like Patches!

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    I want a child like Patches!
    Don't ever wish for such a curse. You don't know what you're saying!!!
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Don't ever wish for such a curse. You don't know what you're saying!!!
    I do, I do unless your ENTJ mother is in therapy too!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I was the "perfect angel" -- smart, obedient, quiet, considerate, wanting to keep people happy/calm, responsible, perfect grades, well-behaved.

Until I was alone. Then I was the explorer of all things, without any boundaries. As long as I knew no one was looking over my shoulder (which caused me guilt), there was no idea I wouldn't examine, topic I would study, thoughts I would think, and the only thing hindering me from places I wanted to venture into was the desire to avoid getting in trouble.

But in my mind / private world, I was untouchable.

That's why I spent a lot of time alone, where I could just be me.

A lot of my life felt split in two -- the part where I had to keep up the charade, and the part where I could just be whatever I felt like at the moment, and never the twain could meet.

I was never so glad to kill the "Ideal Self" as it has been called, a few years ago, and merge with the shadow self, making me a stronger and more well-rounded person who no longer feels the need to hide parts of me.

And do you think you acted the opposite or relatively the same as you do now? looking back could you see how you ended up being the type you are today? or does it not fit?
    Yeah, I still carry the impact of being the "good child" for so long -- I'm still very responsible, empathetic, do my best to achieve success/perfection, have a sensitive social sense, am aware of what others think and can tap into that... but I no longer let it fully direct my actions. "I" -- the ego -- am part of my equation nowadays, rather than being subsumed into some sort of superego construct, and I have hungers and drives and desires of my own (id) that I need to embrace and indulge even if I still balance them with the superego concerns.

There is power in the "Black Swan" half of self that has to be acknowledged and melded with the "White Swan" half, or one never has potency and is always beholden to the specter of disapproving authority regardless of where you go or what you do in life. I think the biggest thing I gained (and am still developing) is the reality that in the end, in terms of volition, I am my own authority and have to embrace responsibility for the decisions I've made, rather than constantly viewing volition as something outside myself and imposed on me.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

I think I was tender.

And good with BBQ sauce.

Just a speculation.
    a cat is fine too