User Tag List

First 11192021

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I think I've posted here before. But: A moody little shit who alternated between attacking other kids and waving bladed objects around to being completely closed off and unreactive or communicative.

I was a nasty kid with nothing to recommend. My mum said she had to fight in order to get me invited to parties and the like because other parents didn't want me there, which is understandable.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    826 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

I was an outgoing kid. Loved sports and video games. Had a lot of friends in grade school that I played with every day. Great sense of humor. Always tried making people laugh. More withdrawn in middle school and early high school, though. Very ISTP-like. More distant emotionally and sarcastic. Did a lot of solitary activities, like reading comics and riding my BMX bike --- maybe a way of developing secondary Ti? Took up martial arts around this time, too.

Did "okay" in school. Usually did well enough to keep a B average. Never failed a class, but never got straight A's either. Stayed out of major trouble for the most part. Got into one fight. Didn't start it, but was the one to end it.

One of my best friends died of cancer when I was 15. That shook me up and changed my whole outlook on life. Made me think about how precious life was and how I was treating others. I crawled out of my shell and started being social again. Little by little the upbeat kid in me found his way back out. Started playing sports again, made new friends, went to more parties, etc. Really enjoyed my last two years of high school.
    Likes Qlip liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    469 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I was intermittently quiet and playful. I was a lot shyer as a kid and admittedly a bit of a crybaby :') I can definitely see how I ended up being an infp. I was probably the poster child for infps lol. I was really idealistic, imaginative, sensitive, affectionate, and empathetic. I still am all those things, just less extreme I think.
    I only ask to be free. The butterflies are free...

Johari
    Nohari

I may've been an extrovert as a child. I never shut the fuck up and was outgoing. Life made me an introvert.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Video View Post
    I wish I could go back and save kid me a lot of trouble by informing her that what seemed like self-loathing was actually too much pride. them that pride isn't so bad.
    That they are they are very fortunate to know, at their young age, exactly who they are and what they're built to do, and that as their future self I can confirm to them that what they know will endure and is not a phase or youthful quirk. They could stand to doubt themselves less.

Kid me probably would not listen if I told them that only the mildest portion of the things they feel ashamed and guilty about in themselves and their behavior spring from who they intrinsically are and what makes them different from others - the main, much greater source of that hurt came from how they felt about themselves, the brutal force they applied to try to become someone else and to impress the ideals of their culture, and the physical and emotional exhaustion from that effort.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I made the boys who had a crush on me fight over me because one of them used to hit me so I wanted him to get the crap beat out of him without consequences to myself.

I was a confident and cruel child until age 12, things piled up at last then and I became far different. Solitary and shameful for it. Yet somehow, despite cruelty, I was still also a crybaby. An angry one however, not often a sad one. Or if I was sad, it was still angry. I was threatened with exorcisms many times.

I think my abundant apathy is why I am so much calmer as an adult. I was apathetic to nothing as a child.
    In that which is night to all things, therein the self-subjugated remains awake; but where all else is awake, that is night for the knower of the self.

Art Historian/Con Artist Neal Caffreynated's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx

I guess I must have been quite annoying tbh, I did not behaved so good and I would break rules (like steal things) all the time. When my Mom would get a bit angry at me for this, I would try to run away from home (it happened quite a few times when I was around 5 or 6 lol). I was also a bit of an adrenaline junkie and scared the hell out of my Mom and elder siblings at some points. I guess I would not think of the consequences and just do things impulsively ahah

Then again, I had good grades at school and I could also be a very nice kid - bought cool presents for my family and could be very agreeable with them too.

I was also the very curious and creative type - I was already interested at a young age in History, languages or Art
    Great art captures a time, a place and an emotion.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I was afraid of everything and had an extreme fascination of chihuahuas. I did horrible in school cause I didn't see the point in it. I couldn't comfortably read until 6th grade, but I'm perfectly fine now. I got better grades in MS and beyond.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari