User Tag List

First 1018192021 Last

I was both laughing and crying a lot, I was curious, creative, friendly, shy, very stubborn and easily getting bored.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

MBTI
    INFP

I was shy, very sensitive and careful. I had imaginary friends and spent my time mainly in imaginary world. I had friends who dragged me to normal kids' world every once in a while.

OT: A few weeks ago I was in a restaurant and saw a little girl who was eating there with her parents. Apparently the girl wasn't hungry anymore because she was busy in her imagination world, having a conversation with her spoon and a left-over green bean. I thought it was so sweet! And quite rare actually, usually kids just get bored in a similar situation.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I never look warmly at past selves, so this may be overly harsh compared to reality.

Hypersensitive because I had zero tolerance for failure or anything that remotely felt like it. If I wasn't sure I could do something right, I would give it up. This also made me weak to authority - their disapproval upset me and shook me back into line even if I didn't agree with them.

Very moralistic and obsessed with defining good, evil and corruption, but from a dark angle. My family was more religious when I was little, and some of my most formative experiences were hearing and reading stories from the Bible and relating not to the heroes and prophets as we were generally encouraged to, but to the damned and the dead characters - I knew what commandments I broke (ENVY), I knew I would have looked over my shoulder at desecration. Very early on, I formed a self-concept of being an inherently corrupt person whose mission in life was to understand what goodness was and climb to it from the bottom. I philosophized on this constantly.

Was a good student, if regrettably uninvolved in activities outside of class. Shirking assignments or turning things in late was never an option, whether or not I was in the mood to work. Sometimes I was slow to learn because I learned only by doing - the only thing I was ever really reprimanded for was not paying attention in lectures, as at a certain point, I realized that they were useless to me. I would figure out my own way of understanding later and go on to ace the tests. Except when I got the occasional B and broke the fuck down. Cheating never even crossed my mind.

Very self-controlled in public, but highly emotional. I would never let myself show anger outside of the home, but would get sad when I needed help instead of asking for it or helping myself. When I got back into the privacy of home, though, I would emote my true colors - enraged, cuttingly critical and wishing ill on those I felt were better than me. I blame none of my peers for thinking something was "off" about me.

Competitive to the extreme. When I did find myself good at something, I always had a hateful eye on other people who might surpass me or were already superior, but was outwardly good to them because it would be wrong to sabotage them, and furthermore mixed with the hate was always a kind of obsessive love - I wanted to be them, not destroy them. I felt this way most of all about my siblings, who were happier and less inhibited. Because of this, they achieved a lot of "firsts" before me despite being younger - I died watching every single one.

Worked on personal, creative projects more than I spent time in extracurriculars. I was possessive of the talents I did have and did not want to use them to serve someone else's purposes or to do them in "standard" ways. Or so I believed, but it was probably just a noble cover for performance/failure anxiety. Spent a lot of time working long nights with my bedroom door shut, snapping at anyone who disturbed me.

As for kiddy games played just for fun, nope. I eventually started just refusing to play because I took winning Go Fish way too seriously and the physical tension was too much.

I took life itself very, very seriously and didn't realize how angry I was.

I wish I could go back and save kid me a lot of trouble by informing her that what seemed like self-loathing was actually too much pride.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]
    Likes Cellmold, Opal liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

According to the stories my mother loves telling me on long car drives, I was a very independent child who disliked physical affection. I wouldn't let anyone hug me or kiss me including my parents. The only exception was my grandmother who I felt the most connection with. She also mentioned that I was extremely serious but was also very extroverted around friends. I got invited to a lot of random parties and a lot of kids seemed to like my company. However, afterward she said I would complain about them not being listening or being to carefree. Whenever I got into a fight it was mostly because I was either too commanding or stubborn. The adults liked me a lot because I was quiet most of the time, responsible, and they liked to tease me because I was too serious for my age.

Based on that information, I think I was more of an xxTJ at that point. I believe these are stories of when I was 5-8 which is an age generally agreed to be too young to type properly.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

My mom described me as "a cross between Bart and Lisa." I think it fits.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

I didn't cry much, I was described as being very serious. Baby photos typically show me with a very sharp and focused stare; I think people confused this for frowning but I was probably just scrutinizing EVERYTHING I saw, trying to make sense of it all. As I got a little older (elementary school to junior high), my facial expression started to alternate between the aforementioned "frowning" stare and a naive, wide-eyed curiosity. Parents and teachers described me as a little professor--I liked to learn things and I wanted to explain my knowledge and connections to every adult I met; I used to create my own "textbooks" for any given subject I was studying; I used to memorize things like the Roman Emperors and Presidents of the US. I think the greatest gift I ever received from my parents was their old set of Encyclopedia Brittanica. Sure, they were published 1967, but I suddenly had a wealth of knowledge at my fingertips and I felt (I assume) how other kids would've felt if given a lifetime supply of candy. My favorite toys were Legos, although I also liked GI Joes, because I could take them apart and re-combine the body parts to create custom figures, much to my ESFJ father's chagrin. I used to build elaborate battlefields in my bedroom, tying string ziplines for action figures, lego and lincoln log bunkers, etc. I didn't have much interest in current pop culture or trends--other kids listened to MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice while I raided my parents' old vinyl.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    Parents and teachers described me as a little professor--I liked to learn things and I wanted to explain my knowledge and connections to every adult I met; I used to create my own "textbooks" for any given subject I was studying; I used to memorize things like the Roman Emperors and Presidents of the US. I think the greatest gift I ever received from my parents was their old set of Encyclopedia Brittanica. Sure, they were published 1967, but I suddenly had a wealth of knowledge at my fingertips and I felt (I assume) how other kids would've felt if given a lifetime supply of candy.
    I was a lot like this, too. My favorite things were maps and to read about animals - learning new things by following visuals was indeed like eating candy with my brain instead of remembering names, which I wasn't good at. I was disappointed when we stopped learning math with colored blocks and pennies in school. Still wanted to share my knowledge and ideas at encyclopedic length with the people I liked, though. It was practically how I showed affection.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Lazy, spastic, goofy, smelly, timid, envious, imaginative, clumsy, tall, awkward, in a rush to be an adult, sad, loner, mischievous, sparkly, effeminate, tough, fearful, protective, honest, sneaky, mean with words bullied and a bully, hopeless, romantic, aimless, angry, gentle, creative, flippant, lugubrious, overzealous, down or up, massicistic, loving, tender, coarse, and smelly.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.
    Likes Opal liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

A pain in the ass chatterbox who talked to anything that moved, and enjoyed breaking appliances because it was funny and they made silly noises.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I had no clue i posted this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    eh' probably not. But I kept looking at this thread and going, who would post this? me apparently
    had this same thought tonight again. i'm sorry i'm not some sj that catalogues all of her posts and remembers shit like this. I refuse to read the op btw.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so