User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Phantonym

I was bossy. I certainly wasn't as timid as I am now. As a teenager and an adult I've cared about other people's opinions too much for my own good, letting it get to me and turn me into a restrained and a passive person. Back then I couldn't have cared less. I was a tomboy, active, curious, stubborn and pretty selfish. I feel that I was alive then, whereas as an adult I mostly exist.

As for type, I'd say that I've always been the type I gather myself to be. On a basic core level, I think that the things that make me who I am have been pretty constant, some things have probably lost their intensity/significance due to life circumstances but they're still present in some way. I don't look back at my childhood as the best part of my life, I'm more future oriented, some things have changed in me, some things have gotten better as much as some thing have gotten worse and things continue to be in constant flux around the core. Such is life.

I'm still the same "kid" today I was at age 5, who stood up on a TV show called Romper Room, and shouted: "That's not a magic mirror, you're lying!"
    And I suppose I will be that kid until the day I die.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I'm still the same "kid" today I was at age 5, who stood up on a TV show called Romper Room, and shouted: "That's not a magic mirror, you're lying!"
    And I suppose I will be that kid until the day I die.
    I dont believe you, you are far too reasonable to have ever been a child ! I am convinced you were born as an adult !!
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I dont believe you, you are far too reasonable to have ever been a child ! I am convinced you were born as an adult !!
    There are too many sides of my personality to count.

i was a very happy-go-lucky child,
    very, very curious. very, very hungry.
    i was a little busybody, but at the
    same time was just in my own head,
    marching to my own beat in my own
    world.

my parents always said i could
    talk a monkey down a tree.
    up until fifth grade, all my teachers
    called me little miss chatterbox.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quiet, sarcastic, fairly self-contained and self-entertaining, a lot more sensitive to criticism, curious & skeptical. I never really identified very heavily with my peers, as I tended to gravitated more toward adults.

Vocal, easy-going, charming, polite and effervescent. Now I'm just vocal.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post

You can be robin if you like. I once had a very good intp friend, I really liked a lot. He didnt talk alot and I always thought we are like Phineas & Ferb. Then one day I made a Batman costume for me and a Robin costume for him, since that day he didnt hang out with me no more. I once tried to phone him but he only answered with "you suck", strange guy...

I really miss him
    I wonder how far the Phineas/Ferb-ENTP/INTP similarites go as far as what we were like as kids. I was kind of like Ferb in that I was very quiet and was kind of just standing there watching most the time, and that when I did talk it was usually just to state some semi-relevant bit of information. (Too bad there wasn't a 'Phineas' at school to join forces with.) Actually, I'm still pretty much like that... but I was more factbook-like then, now I can interject with all sorts of crazy things.

I also wanted to be a power ranger, but only the pink one.

Dali

Highly reserved and very observant. Was a massive bibliophile; I read everything I could get my hands on be it a children's book, the day's paper or a random biography from my dad's library. I permanently had this dreamy expression that made me come across as somewhat intellectually challenged to most adults and then I'd make some random uber-perceptive observation and they'd be all :-O "did the 8-yr old just say that?! He's not... a dunce?" So, people were split between thinking I was mentally slow and imagining me to be some sort of genius. I hated it though when some of my teachers would call me to the staffroom and engage me in conversation and ask me questions as they 'showed me off' to the other teachers.

I also used to get in a lot of trouble due to my penchant for playing pranks, and because of the fact that I had to touch everything, sometimes with disastrous results. Edit: I was just as easily let off because I had (have?) what's been described as this 'innocent aura'. *shrugs*

ThatGirl

Ha!

Let me see.....

I was they type of kid to tell the third grade teacher that one day I would invite her to the convent for pasta, when I was a nun.

Teach the CCD teacher how to say "Your face looks like an old shoe," in Italian, before her religious trip to Rome. You know just in case she needed to know that, and no one had taught her yet.

Had the term "Don't TG me," coined by family members. Which meant to press an issue until people just gave up because they were tired, so I would win.

Loved and revered by adults, actively despised by other children.

Would rather spend time swimming all day than dealing with all the hypocrisy between what people say, and do. With the general understanding that as a kid.....this was probably as good as it was going to get. That the older people became, the more inconsistent and unreasonable they were.

That pretty much sums up ages 0-14.