User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

A window to the soul

When I was like 10, my mom asked me if I knew what love was because I didn't cry at funerals or anything like that. My sisters did. I just didn't feel sad. Is that a crime? I was made to feel like it was. Well, I have no problems crying now, so I guess I turned out okay.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I think when I was a kid a was a lot more intelligent than I am now, in some ways. When we get older I think some people, including myself lose the childlike wonder and imagination, as well as innosense.
    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Could be....or they are socially influenced by their external environment to lose it.
    While I agree that sometimes people lose something when they grow up, there's also a lot of practical crap that adults (especially those who have to hold down jobs and raise kids) end up having to focus on and which necessarily lessens the time and energy available for daydreaming and imagining things unrelated to the daily grind. "Getting practical" is part of survival, since 'seeing the wonder in everything' doesn't pay the bills or keep you and your family alive. That's just how it works.

I'm still not one much for people who "act their age or older" though as they get older and older. There has to be some kind of wonder/imagination lacing one's daily experience or you just get old, boring, and lose your vision.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    When I was like 10, my mom asked me if I knew what love was because I didn't cry at funerals or anything like that. My sisters did. I just didn't feel sad. Is that a crime? I was made to feel like it was. Well, I have no problems crying now, so I guess I turned out okay.
    I think you're normal, too. I didn't cry at most funerals either as a child. I did at my grandpa's but at that time I wasn't a child and was totally overcome. Don't know if I'll cry at my grandmother's. I think it's normal if you're not quite sure..How could you know? .
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

See this other post of mine.

Very similar yet very different to how I am today.

Growing up I was like the poster child for Aspergers.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I was loud and fun-loving, and had both an obvious love of music and an obviously goofy sense of humor since before I could talk. I thought it was the funniest thing at about six months to sing the refrain of "Jingle Bells" to my parents over and over. I loved to entertain, and I loved being the center of attention -- not for the sake of being the center of attention, but because it felt great to make so many people laugh, when so many people were focused on me.

I also had a bossy/dominant streak. One time, I pushed a kid down a slide just because they were taking too long and I wanted to go. It also took some effort on the part of authority figures to get me to respect them (from age 8 up); if they didn't meet my qualifications, I felt free to be disrespectful and rebellious. It got me sent to the principal's office a few times. But because of my honesty and how much I cared about getting things right, I had grudging respect from every teacher I ever had.

Another anecdote that shows being an xSTx from an early age; I tried having an imaginary friend, because I watched "Arthur" all the time and his little sister's imaginary friend seemed fun, but after a few months, I gave up completely, because I was so freaking bored! Part of why I loved playing pretend games with my friends was getting their input and having their ideas to make our epic plotlines even more interesting. But when the only person to bounce ideas off of had exactly the same ideas as you? That was not interesting at all!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I was active and talkative and bright. I got lots of notes home about how I could do so much better in school if I'd shut up and pay attention.

Oh, but this fits, completely.
    http://www.personalitypage.com/html/INJ.html

I started having trouble with recess in about 2nd grade. Every recess, they'd play kickball. I'd hide behind a tree. It was working really well for me until one day the teacher saw me and forced me to play kickball. I remember doing it once. After that, I went back to hiding.

The Why? was really irritating to adults, but I found adults really irritating. Always trying to get me to focus on something I wasn't interested in, to the detriment of time spent on things I was interested in. It wasn't so much that I had no respect for authority but that I just didn't recognize authority. Why, just because she was my mother, did my mother think she had the right to boss me around? I remember my mother saying to me, "I'm the mommy and you're the child." And I'd be like, so? Leave me alone, I'm doing something, and sometimes get slapped for being smart-mouthed, but I didn't intend to be smart-mouthed, I was just stating what I felt was a fact.

I had one friend at a time. I've always been like that. One friend or no friends, if the one special person didn't appear. (We moved a lot.)

Amazing how accurate that link is. I've never really looked at it before.

MBTI
    yupp

I had no clue i posted this thread.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I had no clue i posted this thread.
    Is that a new phenomenon?

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Is that a new phenomenon?
    eh' probably not. But I kept looking at this thread and going, who would post this? me apparently
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

What were you like as a child?
    Smaller.