User Tag List

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: What were you like as a child?

i'm not sure which one of those...

i think if you account for a quiet ENP then it would fit best. i was very much engulfed in an Ne world, and my Ti was underdeveloped and mostly came to support my imagination, dictating that yes, there really can be a train that takes you neverland as long as it is pulled on a dragon's tale, and no, your stupid adult logic won't convince me otherwise.

my x-stepson is probably an EJ, which is yet to be described in the pages, but which i would deduct it would be a dominant need to form a cohesive expectation ( built on methodic thought or social expectation), followed by the a supporting perception providing singular singular answers (from visions or learned comparative information).

i would wager that if he would have followed a healthy development on the route he was on (which i doubt), he'd develop into an EFJ. its quite possible that due to his mother's choices he might shift his dominant extroverted judgement away from people, and provide his need for cohesiveness and singular answers as an ETJ.

It seems that my focus has always been on other people--for good and for bad. I had a love/hate relationship with other people, usually toward.. the latter of the two. Household was full of conflict, and I withdrew from it.

I learned to trust and deal with others, even to the point of taking on the role of mediator, mentor, and therapist--but it wasn't without a fight.

Let me count the ways Array HelenOfTroy's Avatar
    7W6 sp/sx

I was very much in keeping with the EN vibe, i posted a thread about ENFP children. It's funny, when i looked through old school reports they pretty much matched up to the stereotypical developmental milestones of behaviour for ENFP kids/teens.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Senior Member Array Chaotic Harmony's Avatar
    9w1 sx

Looking at one of the links above.... I see that I probably was my type even as a kid...
    IFP Traits

Very idealistic
    Take things seriously and personally
    Quiet and gentle
    Extremely sensitive
    Shy and reserved with strangers
    Enjoy reading
    Service-oriented, they want to please others
    They love animals and small babies
    Likely to be messy and unstructured
    They need lots of love and affection
    If someone picked on me and called me names, I can remember getting very upset over it. My mom always calmed me her somber little child, because I was so quiet and serious about everything! I was definitely shy around strangers, I was always that kid that hid behind my parents legs. I have definitely always loved books. As a child I can remember reading several children's book series and teen series as I got older. I can remember being at my parents' friends' house and fixing coffee for all of them and bringing it to them to make them happy. Any time I encountered a stray animal I wanted to bring it home as a pet.... I don't really know if I ever loved small babies or not, because I was never really around any. My room was a total disaster, mom bribed me to clean it all the time! I guess the last one applies to me... I was never really without lots of love and affection, so I don't know what it would have been like for me to not have that.
    Potential Strengths

Deeply caring and empathic
    They're usually very kind and sweet
    Laidback and easygoing, they're not likely to create trouble
    They adapt well to new situations, and welcome change
    They're usually relaxed, peaceful and unrushed
    Usually extremely creative and artistic
    They are original and genuine
    Take things seriously, and aren't likely to be frivolous
    They need harmony, and can be good peacemakers
    They're faithful and devoted to people and causes
    They're often quite faithful to their religion
    I believe all this fit me to a T as a child... Except the last part, again, my parents never took me to church, so religion was never really a part of my life... So I'm not sure how I would have taken to it. Oh, hey look I needed harmony, how convenient.
    Potential Weaknesses

They're extremely sensitive and become hurt very easily
    They cannot use logic well at a young age
    They don't really have a concept of time or schedules, so they are frequently late
    May be reckless and irresponsible with money
    Tendency to let negative thoughts build up inside them until it becomes an unhealthy situation
    They cannot see things objectively - they see everything from their own point of view
    If they feel rejected or unloved, they may become very depressed and moody
    They are procrastinators and have trouble completing projects
    They are so internally focused that they are sometimes completely unaware of how anyone else is feeling
    They have difficulty expressing their deepest feelings, and are sometimes unaware of these feelings themselves
    Although they care deeply about others, they are self-absorbed and so may be seen as selfish
    They cannot take any kind of criticism, and will become defensive and emotional when criticised
    They don't like to make decisions, and will put it off as long as possible
    They often view decisions with absolute finality, and don't realize that they can change their mind later
    They naturally move slowly doing things, which makes them sometimes appear lazy
    They have trouble asserting themselves
    I definitely recognize the bolded as weakness I had as a child. Surprisingly, I've always been pretty good with my money. I think my parents instilled that in me early on because they grew up poor... I was actually almost always on time....I just pushed it to the last possible minute. I was an only child, so I know until about high school level I was very self absorbed and had a hard time accepting any kind of criticism. Even to this day I still have trouble asserting myself sometimes.

I really fit the ENP characteristics.

I don't have the best memory but I got told to "Stay on task" a LOT. My brother still makes fun of me about it. I don't know why they think making a child write "stay on task" 100 times for homework will help. Stupid !@#$%.

I got in trouble for talking in school.

I loved reading. I went to the smart class (we went once a week or twice?) but I never fit in with those people either. Best fit there was, I guess.

My step mom said one time they saw me walking down the hall toward class when I was in elementary school (probably about 10). Apparently I was just watching motes in the dust. I was oblivious to anything else. They thought it was funny. Them SJs never understood me.

Oh yeah, I also remember my step mom telling me I didn't stand up for myself enough. People tell me I'm stubborn and I imagine that's why. I think I took it to mean I should be more stubborn.

Wow my mom still complains about this:
    "ENP children are very independent and find their greatest source of self-esteem from their abilities to do things well. They want to do things for themselves, and resist having their parents or other adults telling them what to do. An adult can best encourage a growing ENP by showing interest in their projects and admiration for the ENP's ideas, and by letting the ENP figure out how to do things on their own without too many specific instructions."

Banned Array
    5w6 sx/so

I think when I was a kid a was a lot more intelligent than I am now, in some ways. When we get older I think some people, including myself lose the childlike wonder and imagination, as well as innosense.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I think when I was a kid a was a lot more intelligent than I am now, in some ways. When we get older I think some people, including myself lose the childlike wonder and imagination, as well as innosense.
    Could be....or they are socially influenced by their external environment to lose it.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

A window to the soul

Very, very, very mischievous. The dog wore lipstick, Barbie had a mohawk, my sister wore a 'kick me', and part of my jeans were still hangin on the barbed wire I tried to slip through.

Senior Member Array Winds of Thor's Avatar
    3w4 sx/so

Carefree, joyful, adventurous, kind, enthusiastic, mischievous, tender, somewhat easily hurt and cheerful describes me in my childhood fairly well I'd say.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Junior Member Array

Till age 11, I was probably ESFP or ENFP. I was a really cheerful and extraverted child back then. I loved to sing publicly in front of strangers and loved being the center of attention(can't even believe it). But I have no idea what changed me to be so introverted.