User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you feel you are young at heart?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 72.97%
  • No

10 27.03%
First 234

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

yeah, except the days when i feel like a granny.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Permabanned

I've gone through way too much bs to consider myself young at heart.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I have lived the majority of my life with one foot in the grave. Neither here nor there.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I was semi-precocious as a child, speaking quite adult at times & knowing more about the inner workings of people than a child is supposed to. I've always found myself in the strange position of being able to advise others well on matters I had never experienced first hand (at least not outside my head).

But like many INFPs, and NPs for that matter, I'm also an eternal child. I'm responsible, but unstructured. I'm imaginative, sometimes to the point of lacking common sense, aware of things others aren't aware of but unaware of the obvious. I resist nostalgia, a mark of getting old.

I never feel like an adult, but I find I also feel old now in some ways, especially when I hear younger people discuss pop culture. I'm at an age where stuff is coming back around from when I was a kid....stuff that seems "new" to the younger generation. I'm unimpressed; I've seen it already. And yet, I'm not even 30 yet, still quite young in the scheme of things. I'm worried I'm losing that sense of excitement, where everything seems new. That's when you begin to FEEL old I guess.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Definitely.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

One part of me feels like a child, the other part feels like an old soul that's misplaced in the wrong decade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Ever heard of a cynical 5 year old?

Unhappy Selling you down the river

Thank God I am 3,000 years old. I began with the Ancient Greeks and have ended up in the noosphere with you - a span of three thousand years and counting.

In fact 'noosphere' is an Ancient Greek word meaning the sphere of knowing, and today 'noosphere' refers to the internet draped around our spherical planet. So the same word is ancient and at the same time, up to the very minute.

And also at the same time I can feel three thousand years of meaning slipping away from me. But the world doen't become meaningless, rather it takes on its own meaning completely independent of the meaning assigned after three thousand years of culture.

Unfortunately when I try to share this independent meaning outside of culture, they tell me they can't understand me.

This drives me crazy for the more I try to explain the more they don't understand. Of course I tell them they are culture bound - they can't, and won't, and are afraid, to see outside their own culture. In fact they take their culture for granted. So I tell them that ecstasy is stepping outside the taken for granted, in the hope they will let go their moorings and float down the river with me. But they baulk, they look at me slitty eyed, and tell me I am trying to sell them down the river.

MBTI
    ISTx

Not really.

Glycerine

My sense of humor is probably considered "juvenile" but for most things, I am pretty serious.