User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you feel you are young at heart?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 72.97%
  • No

10 27.03%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

I forgot about this thread, it didn't get many responses last time around.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I've always been old in terms of what I perceived and gleaned out of life, but I'm always going to be young in how I position myself to life.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Voted yes.. not only do I feel young, I feel immature. I think I'm stuck this way.

I'd like to think I am young at heart. I'd define young at heart as playfulness, creativity, lack of self imposed boundaries, openness to experience. And age and maturity as giving some understanding of the reality of the world and how to adapt in it.

That's what I'd see as ideals.

Riva

I voted yes. I am still young though. So my vote wouldn't mean much. I wonder whether I would feel the same when I am 60 years old?

Probably would.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Yes.

I have a curiosity that needs to constantly be fed. I have an inner child that goes crazy every now and again. I still feel like i am 14 with the whole world ahead of me (i wish that were true, my knee hurts when i walk up the stairs). I consider myself to be naive because i still believe people are genuinely nice and everyone deserves a second chance even though experience has shown that people will fuck you over at a given opportunity. I see things even though i've seem over the last 32 years but i notice something has changed about it or maybe my perception towards it has changed so it looks better .. Meh.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Hm...I think I'd like to say I feel old at heart, but young at mind.

Which is just a convoluted way of saying what @Jennifer said a few posts up.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yes, I'm downright childlike in some ways, and people often think I'm younger than I am ...possibly due to my enthusiasm and continued pursuit of freedom and penchant for walking around barefoot outside and talking to cats and giggling over goats.

On the other hand, I've had a man in his fifties tell me that he thought I was extremely mature and he could tell I was a serious child, which is true. I think that may have something to do with how controlled and passive my demeanor actually can often be IRL (unless I'm emotionally in a heightened state, negative or positive) and because of the way I speak, which has a lot to do with being an English major, and possibly also with being raised by my grandparents.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I'd like to think I am young at heart. I'd define young at heart as playfulness, creativity, lack of self imposed boundaries, openness to experience. And age and maturity as giving some understanding of the reality of the world and how to adapt in it.

That's what I'd see as ideals.
    Yes, this makes sense to me.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Depends of my mood. Sometimes life doesn't allow you to be young, and sometimes encourage you.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan