User Tag List

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default Roleplayers unite!

Are you a role player, if so why and for how long and is it just a costume and character you play, like an actor or actress, or do you become the character? I'm particularly interested if you think your role playing character is a different MBTI type than who you are outside of that role, is it easier being the one or the other?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

So are you talking the serious cosplaying sort of roleplay? I haven't got into any 'serious' stuff yet. I don't have a fully developed alternate personality and can't get any costumes right now because they are expensive.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

My RPG characters all contain "fragments" of me, but none of them "is" me.... if you get my drift. I don't think I've ever played a character that was 100% me and that I just acted instinctively as myself with.

I often think in terms of type when I create a character, and it helps guide me in how to play them.

It's easy being "me" IRL. I'm who I am. So I don't need to think about who I am.
    Still, some of my characters are probably more straightforward and simple compared to me.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

I have roll played quite different characters in table top RPG's, have not done LARP'ing more than once, and didnt have a developed character for that... but in table top rpgs, I often play characters MUCH MUCH different than who I am in real life, escapism I guess,lol... I could see how they all could potentially be facets of my own personality, further exploring them in a safe theoretical environment... would explain why I get so attached to my characters,lol... I haven't played any for more than a couple sessions in YEARS though...:/

MBTI
    INTP

Never break character

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I played free form chat RPGs for nearly 10 years dedicated time. I cosplay, but do not do much acting.. I'm just too nervous for all that. I'd probably do a lot more LARPing if I had more friends into it. DnD role-playing I am always down for.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge