User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default Forum etiquette?

I must ask some things that I don't know....

Is it considered rude to not respond to someone's post in a thread?

What about a response (not a question) in your blog or thread you made?

What about reps?

I ask because someone mentioned this in another thread and I didn't realize that not responding may be seen as rude. almost 100% of the time I don't respond, it's because I most definitely have read it, but may not have anything to say besides something stupid like "yeah" or "Ohh" or "Ahhh". Can you say sensotard?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't think any of those require a response, although of course it's often nice to do so.

I usually don't reply to any of those, though.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

it's like lending money. Everyone who has lent money has had that one person that never paid them back, then they learn that lending money means charity. Posts/reps/PM's with attached nudes of yourself are like charity money.

I agree with Randomnity that none of those require a response to avoid being seen as rude.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I think everyone has their own set of rules, based on what's important to them, what they perceive as being usual, their level of self-confidence and how sensitive they are etc.

For me, I try to respond to reps when I can just because I think it's sometimes an informal way of people testing the waters for more contact, or a way of connecting with them. It really depends how busy things are. I don't think people generally expect it unless they've asked a question.

I try to address anyone that writes in my blog because I want them to feel welcome there. Within a thread, I think most people like the feeling of being acknowledged or quoted or being responded to in some way, but I don't think it would be considered rude if you didn't.

That's just my own set of rules though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Some people seem to respond to all reps. I respond to some of them. I think it's a nice courtesy but not required. I think it is nice to acknowledge and let the person know you heard what they said. Depends on the situation I suppose.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

*doesn't respond to any of you*

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I'm kidding. Thank you!

*goes back to sensotard corner*

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I am also not always sure on how to behave. I try to mostly answer on people when they quoted me or answered on a thread of me or so, because I thought they might think I don't care about their answer or take it as rude, but sometimes I don't know what to write either. However I do that mostly per comment in the same thread or a rep comment maybe; I am a bit reluctant to write visitor messages or even a PM when the user deactivated visitor messages because I heard some people take it as a bit creepy when you do it without any former communication across the board - not a view I do share, but makes me unsure a bit, so sometimes I don't write a message although I appreciate whatever the user has done.

Oberon

*doesn't respond to Giggly*