123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default What is your race/ethnicity?

Just a few questions...

1. What is your race?

2. Do you feel that your race plays a major role in your self-image?

3. Do you relate more to members of your own race, or another race?

4. How do you feel about being your particular race?

5. If a wizard insisted on transforming you into a race other than your own, but allowed you to pick the race, what would you be?

My own answers would be...

1. Caucasian/European.

2. Not really, though I'm sure it's had some impact.

3. I relate about equally to Caucasians and Asians, and less to other races.

4. I like it primarily because it means that I'm considered "normal" by most people in my country, at least on the surface. The idea of not fitting in would be unnerving to me.

5. Asian.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram

Just a few questions...

1. What is your race?
    White, Asian (.25 German, .25 Swedish, .5 Korean)

Since I look racially ambiguous, others have an urge to figure out a stable classification for me. So people might ask me what I am. Sometimes I look in the mirror and I think I look particularly Asian or particularly white based on how my hair is styled, whether I'm wearing glasses or not, etc. All these things bring up the topic of race, so I become conscious of it, so it becomes a big part of my self-image.

Because I was raised among white people, I feel I am culturally more like them. Because I look half-Asian, most whites see me as fully Asian (or as looking vaguely Hispanic, Jewish, or Native American), and thus do not see me as part of them (i.e., "One Drop Rule"). So it's a strange feeling of identifying with a race whose members do not identify with you. It's a little disorienting. Koreans, at least the ones I've met, are much more inclusive. If you're part Korean, then you're Korean to Koreans. If you're part white, you're not white to whites. I'd love to identify with them more, but I do not have any cultural ties to them. I do not speak the language nor am I familiar with their practices.

Honestly I'd rather be one or the other... I know it might seem nice to be "exotic", but sometimes I wonder whether people who are entirely of one race have a sense of belongingness that I will never know and enjoy.

5. If a wizard insisted on transforming you into a race other than your own, but allowed you to pick the race, what would you be?

Elvish. I could live forever!
    I: #################### (30%)
    N: #################### (50%)
    T: ################## (3%)
    J: #################### (33%)

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Just a few questions...

1. What is your race?

Im white. My closest ancestry is all born in denmark, but my great grandmother was a swede and we have french and spanish in our blood.

No, not even being dane.

Depends on peoples attitude to life and upbringing more than race.

I understand being white has its benefits living in europe, but beyond that.....

Native american

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

english, czech, irish, german (prussian), native american, neanderthal

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

1. What is your race?
    Caucasian, but I'm often mistaken for being from russian, poland or something other country in eastern europe because of the way I speak.

No. Never really got things like "racial pride". In fact, not even "cultural pride" or patriotism. My culture and my so-called "race"(just to say, most studies showed that the genetic difference between the "races" is nearly non-existent - the differences we experience [especially about crime rate, deployment, etc., the points most racist are using] are mainly because of the culture we live in) surely had influence on my childhood, but it's nothing that defines me in any way.

I rather have difficulties to relate to other humans at all - not that I hate them or anything like that, just that they usually seem to think different -, but race simply isn't a term I think in if interacting with people.

Not really special, aside from the fact that it's often more practical to have the same race as most people around you, which is the case for me.

Nearly EVERYONE around me is at least 50% caucasian, most are 100%. Why not be south-african-mongolian-aborigine?
    They say I only think in form of crunching numbers.....
    -Fall Out Boy

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

1. White, 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Dutch, 1/2 Polish.

2. Not really, but it probably does and I just don't notice it.

3. I have trouble relating to anyone, but when I do relate to people race is usually never a factor.

4. I dunno, I don't really care what I am.

5. I'd wanna be every race, so then I have the right to shit-talk every race for the sake of comedy.

MBTI
    nerd

i, and several of my ancestors are named after products that can be found in any ikea. i'm a swivel chair.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

I am racially ambiguous. And I'd like to keep it that way. Everyone loves me!
    a cat is fine too

1. What is your race?

Asian. Culture - Chinese.

It makes for some humour. But then life in general is humorous.

I relate to westernised any race who share some common ground like interests, humour, etc.

It doesn't matter to me what race I've originated from although the rich history of the Chinese culture is fascinating.

Don't care, as long as my core remains the same.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

1. What is your race? pasty white.

2. Do you feel that your race plays a major role in your self-image? No (consciously)

3. Do you relate more to members of your own race, or another race? I relate more to people with similar cultural background (North America/"western") and those with similar education levels, which are often but certainly not exclusively white.

4. How do you feel about being your particular race? Neutral

5. If a wizard insisted on transforming you into a race other than your own, but allowed you to pick the race, what would you be? Ummm. I'm not sure. Can I be mixed race or is that cheating? Do I keep my own facial structure? Do I keep "western culture" or do you mean being born in China or something? I'm not sure I have a preference if we're basing it purely on looks.
    -end of thread-