User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Stansmith

1. What is your race?

I'm more-or-less biracial/black, although my ethnicity is Dominican. There's a wide range of phenotypes in my family; some more on the African side, others more on the European/Spanish side, and others somewhere in the middle. While there's also a minor, yet significant Indigenous-caribbean component within the Dominican gene pool, I don't think it's reflected in my appearance or that of many of my family members; the West African and Latin European components are the most apparent.

2. Do you feel that your race plays a major role in your self-image?

Not really.

3. Do you relate more to members of your own race, or another race?

I feel a vague sense of kinship when around other Dominicans, but I can't say the same for other biracial people or Afro-diasporic populations. I generally don't think of people in terms of their race or ethnic identity...

4. How do you feel about being your particular race?

Nuetral...Although I find the idea of being from a society built upon generations of intermixing (like most of the rest of Latin America, Cape Verde, the Creoles of Louisiana, etc.) somewhat interesting from a historical perspective.

5. If a wizard insisted on transforming you into a race other than your own, but allowed you to pick the race, what would you be?

Maybe a Berber or Somali.
    Last edited by Stansmith; 02-13-2014 at 07:20 AM.

LadyLazarus

1.Hispanic(Mostly Mexican, with a bit of European, and a minuscule amount of Japanese).
    2.Not particularly,no.
    3.Hmm,no...whether or not I relate to someone usually depends more on the individual's personality.
    4.It's fine,I suppose.I mean,I haven't had issues with discrimination or anything yet, since people usually assume I am white until they see my last name.
    5.Dalek.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Just a few questions...

1. What is your race?

5. If a wizard insisted on transforming you into a race other than your own, but allowed you to pick the race, what would you be?
    1. Black(Jamaican)
    2. Not particularly
    3. I relate to very few people
    4. It sucks but most of the time i don't even notice
    5. Ubermensch

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Just a few questions...

1. White, mostly Southern European (Portuguese, Italian, Armenian, and English)

2. No, not really. I live in a predominantly white region of the country so it's not even something I think about most of the time. When I visited Chicago in January I was hyper aware of my whiteness, especially when I used the public transportation (which I love).

3. I guess my own race? I've had close friends of other races before, one of my roommates is Japanese. I've never felt her being Japanese has inhibited our being able to relate to each other.

4. I guess I feel kind of guilty about it some days. The fact that I will never truly know the extent that my privilege has affected me kind of weirds me out.

5. Can I just ask the wizard to turn me into a wizard? Maybe one that speaks Italian?
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

1. White (WASP)
    2. Probably more than I will ever know, but I don't have to be aware of it most of the time.
    3. Mostly my own race, I guess, but yikes! I don't relate that well to a lot of them either. Red state.
    4. My race is kind of a global scourge, but I benefit from being part of it quite a bit so I have mixed feelings.
    5. Any of Tolkien's Elvin races would be great, I think.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

1. What is your race? irish, french, italian, and polish heritage

2. Do you feel that your race plays a major role in your self-image? not consciously. i do feel a lot of pride and curiosity about my ethnic heritage. and i definitely think about different cultures and types of people. but i usually am imagining myself in those positions when i do that...if that makes sense.

3. Do you relate more to members of your own race, or another race? both?

4. How do you feel about being your particular race? eh, whatever. i kinda feel like i'd rather be something different, but i'd probably feel that way no matter what. i definitely don't like the idea of being a member of a race of 'privilege' or 'majority' which often gets associated with american caucasians. but i don't feel any self-hatred about it.

5. If a wizard insisted on transforming you into a race other than your own, but allowed you to pick the race, what would you be? probably black/african
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

1. What is your race?

I'm Indian.

It's not something I think about very much. I mostly grew up in a diverse, liberal area of the United States, and I had friends from all over the world, and we all identified as American. Race was never in the forefront for me consciously. I always chose my friends based on personality and interests, but I think up to this point in my life, I've been more interested in being around people who are more different from me than similar.

I relate the most to being an American. I had a very American upbringing, and that's what I identity as. Growing up, I never had any close friends who were Indian, and I still have very few friends who are Indian for some reason, even though I've always lived in places with a ton of Indian people. I guess when my family immigrated, they created an insular community by connecting with extended family and other Indian people in the area. I didn't like that because I'm fascinated by differences and wanted to connect with all the new, cool people I was around. I guess I found more of American cultural norms to be "correct" than they did, as well, so I blended right in and never looked back. They always remarked about how "Americanized" I was, even when I was five and unfortunately, most of them saw that as a bad thing, as though American culture wasn't as conservative and high class.

I rarely even realize that I am Indian, and whenever I am seen as an "outsider" by Caucasian people, it always shocks me. I guess that's a testament to how accepted I was growing up. I think my appearance and education and some other factors contributed to that. I always felt more "in the right place" with Caucasian people than I did with Indian people. Now that I'm older, though, and am beginning to "re-realize" that I am Indian, it's cool, I guess. I'm in a place where I want to connect more with that part of me.

I really wouldn't allow that to happen. I feel really lucky to be who I am and changing anything about me or my past would potentially change who I ended up becoming.
    RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
    RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
    Hive: arent you
    SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?

thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

1. White hispanic (Brazilian).
    2. Meh.
    3. Mostly whites and hispanics.
    4. It's a nice balance. I wouldn't face racism in most places, and I'm not white enough to feel white guilty (ew).
    5. If by insisted you mean forced, I'd choose caucasian.

MBTI
    Meow
    Enneagram
    :0) so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne

1. What is your race?

Black/Nigerian

It does have some effect, though I wouldn't say it plays a major role.

I relate to members of every race, though whenever I meet someone else with a similar background I feel a certain affinity with them.

As I've grown older I've grown to appreciate my background.

I wouldn't want to change.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

1. What is your race?
    caucasian (croatian heritage)

no, I've never even thought about my race in terms of self image..

i can relate to anyone regardless of race. I find I relate to western culture mostly.

it's something I don't think about unless it's brought up as I don't see it as being an important aspect of my identity..

a hybrid mix of all races because why not?
    7w6 . 3w2 . 9w8

~

Chaos is more freedom; in fact, total freedom. But no meaning.
    I want to be free to act, and I also want my actions to mean something.