User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Glycerine

1. Asian-Korean
    2. Some because I was very uncomfortable about having Asian physical features.... basically I thought I was ugly for a long time.
    3. I relate to white culture the most because that is what I grew up around.... I have really hard time relating to other Asians culturally.
    4. I like being Asian, people don't usually give me for it.
    5. I would change to white.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

1. What is your race? Caucasian/European (primarily UK origin). You know what though? I've never encountered this kind of question on a form in Canada (not saying it doesn't exist, but I've never encountered it), while in the States, I found that it was a fairly routine question. It seems like an odd one to me because as more and more people intermarry, it's really pretty irrelevant. Culture and race are distinct from each other.

2. Do you feel that your race plays a major role in your self-image? No. On the other hand, I did find it interesting how much more aware I was of it when I lived on the reserve at first. At the beginning I felt quite conscious of being the only white person in the room etc. It was good for me to see what that felt like. It was also good to experience some reverse racism. I found though that as time went on, race seemed to be something I was less conscious of and others were fairly accepting of me.

3. Do you relate more to members of your own race, or another race? I don't think race matters, but I think I relate better to those of my own culture. The norms you grew up with affect how you interact. There are certainly some groups within the category of Caucasian that may take more adjustment for me to relate to as far as communication style, values etc. I did find though when I lived on the reserve that I tended to feel a kinship with people that I thought were white, just because we were a minority and were more likely to share similar values and cultural norms. It was sort of funny because there's been enough intermarriage there that it's kind of hard to really tell who is local and who's not until you hear them speak. I've noticed that random Aboriginal people on the street that don't know my Aboriginal cousin (who was raised in a white home) tend to make eye contact or say hello to him, so I assume it's the same kind of thing at play there.

4. How do you feel about being your particular race? I'm okay with it. I always thought people with darker skin were prettier though. Since growing up I've had the opportunity to consider what social advantages there perhaps are in being part of the dominant racial group and I think with that comes a responsibility to use that for good rather than just profiting from it. I don't think that Caucasian will remain the dominant group here for long. It never really occurred to me until I was older that in some cases it can be dangerous to be a minority or that it makes it unlikely that you will be treated fairly. I suppose in that sense, it makes me thankful that I don't have to worry about that, but I also think it creates some obligation to change that too.

5. If a wizard insisted on transforming you into a race other than your own, but allowed you to pick the race, what would you be? Something Middle Eastern or Indian (but is that still categorized as Caucasian?) or else black.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I only belong to one race... the race of LO0ove babay! <3

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

1-What is your race? Human

2- Do you feel that your race plays a major role in your self-image? Well I don't have a choice in the matter.. I can't identify with a dog.. I am a human and that's what I identify with.

3- Do you relate more to members of your own race, or another race? I never met anybody who wasn't from the human race. I know a few people who wish they weren't or a couple that might convince you otherwise. But they are human as well.

4. How do you feel about being your particular race? I have nothing else to compare it to since I have never been another race.. Being human is ok..

5. If a wizard insisted on transforming you into a race other than your own, but allowed you to pick the race, what would you be? I'll take Romulan for 500 please, Alex.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

1. What is your race?

Caucasian

2. Do you feel that your race plays a major role in your self-image?

Not at all

3. Do you relate more to members of your own race, or another race?

Mostly other Caucasians and Asians. Caucasians because that's who I've had the most exposure to- thus more familiarity and comfort. I hope I'm not sounding racist by saying this but I also chose Asians because their culture values education highly. I remember in high school and college, the Asians seemed to be more serious about their studies and less into partying, like me. Some Asian cultures value politeness highly- they just seemed less loud and in-your-face.

4. How do you feel about being your particular race?

Neutral. It just is. I don't feel proud to be my race and I don't feel sad about it either. I have at times imagined what it would be like to be another race. I guess the only reason why I like being Caucasian is because in the US, you aren't so prone be being racially discriminated against. In that sense its a plus. However, the racial makeup in the USA is rapidly changing and minorities are becoming a larger and larger percent of the population. I imagine that one day, Caucasians will statistically be in the minority.

5. If a wizard insisted on transforming you into a race other than your own, but allowed you to pick the race, what would you be?

No idea. Maybe Asian because I identify with them to some degree (see question 3). But really, I'd be happy being any race.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

1. What is your race?

Caucasian/ British

Falcarius has never really thought about it because it has little role in his self-image.

Do you relate more to members of your own race, or another race?

Own race, but only because it is what Falcarius is used to.

Indifferent. Each race has strengths and weakness.

5. If a wizard insisted on transforming you into a race other than your own, but allowed you to pick the race, what would you be?

Indifferent, but if Falcarius had to pick another race he would probably pick some South-east Asia country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INTP

Why do white people grow so much food?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

1. What is your race?
    Cajun/Creole

No. Well, maybe it does but I'm unaware of it.

I relate to everyone well. I don't know why but don't see color or age in adults. It's only when they insist that they don't relate well to me that I stop relating to them well.

It's okay. It has it's good and bad points. I don't wish I was different though.

Oh this is a good question. Hmm, I think I'd like to try out being Japanese.

1. What is your race?

Caucausian (German and some Slavic influence)

Not really, more my nationality since I am living outside of my home country. I guess I might be more fixated on race if I was part of a racial minority.

Living in London I have realised that race doesn't really matter here. Level of education, country of origin, mentality etc matter but not really race, it's just the look you were born with.

Neutral. It just is.

Native American. I am a ginger with very pale skin and blue eyes but love the white skin, dark hair and dark eyes look.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

1. What is your race?

White, half American and half British; germanic ancestry from the American side following back to the mid 1800's.

No, not really.

Niether.

Don't really care at all.

One that isn't known to humans today; a new race that has yet to exist.