Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post

It's a hard road, I know. I had to work a long time before I felt like I was properly conveying myself.
    You did?

What does that look like?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    You did?

What does that look like?
    Well, if you're not being sarcastic:

Not really sure what this thread was about, five and a half years later. I think I meant I would think I was expressing myself clearly, but with some things people would perceive them a very different way. particularly, I would try to express concern or warmth to others in ways that were very logical to me but weren't coming off that way, so i had to learn different ways to communicate those things.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

oh no worries the re reading the op made me laugh.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Totenkindly liked this post

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Totenkindly View Post
    Well, if you're not being sarcastic:

Not really sure what this thread was about, five and a half years later. I think I meant I would think I was expressing myself clearly, but with some things people would perceive them a very different way. particularly, I would try to express concern or warmth to others in ways that were very logical to me but weren't coming off that way, so i had to learn different ways to communicate those things.
    My bad, didn't realize @Forever necro'd a thread. Was not being sarcastic though. Just always looking to improve the way I communicate, and can't imagine you having a hard time with that. You've always come off as a sound communicator.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    My bad, didn't realize @Forever necro'd a thread. Was not being sarcastic though. Just always looking to improve the way I communicate, and can't imagine you having a hard time with that. You've always come off as a sound communicator.
    Thanks. I have always been articulate... but not necessarily knowing the best way to talk to people, so the more I interacted with people (especially people who are different than me), the better I got.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Damn American Cowboy Reborn Relic's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I knew the waitress at the diner was trying to slip mind-control fluids into my burger! Thanks chknz. You really cleared that up. :p
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick."

--Theodore Roosevelt

“Be careful, lest in casting out your demon you exorcise the best thing in you.”

--Friedrich Nietzche

I have a Johari again
    Likes prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    beep
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Holy shit. I'd offer to talk but, like, I suck at it. Either way, I know what it's like to feel like everyone misinterprets what you say. Insensitive internet culture is growing, and pretty much everywhere you go, you'll find shitty people who turn your own words against you and laugh at everything you say. Some of them do it because they're miserable and some of them simply do it to avoid being victimized, since showing any ounce of insecurity or compassion basically equates to giving trolls an invitation to fuck up your day. Just remember that the vast majority of them are social outcasts who have nothing better to do than insult people over the internet :')

Also for the record, I was in your place about 2 years ago. I actually became an ongoing joke/meme in a corner of the MBTI community because I frequently vented about my problems and changed my perceived type so many times. It might not seem like it now, but taking bullshit from people does strengthen you.
    Previous username: EliaBlack
    Likes iwakar, N/A liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by EliaBlack View Post
    Holy shit. I'd offer to talk but, like, I suck at it. Either way, I know what it's like to feel like everyone misinterprets what you say. Insensitive internet culture is growing, and pretty much everywhere you go, you'll find shitty people who turn your own words against you and laugh at everything you say. Some of them do it because they're miserable and some of them simply do it to avoid being victimized, since showing any ounce of insecurity or compassion basically equates to giving trolls an invitation to fuck up your day. Just remember that the vast majority of them are social outcasts who have nothing better to do than insult people over the internet :')

Also for the record, I was in your place about 2 years ago. I actually became an ongoing joke/meme in a corner of the MBTI community because I frequently vented about my problems and changed my perceived type so many times. It might not seem like it now, but taking bullshit from people does strengthen you.
    This thread is from 2011
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    beep
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    This thread is from 2011
    Gotta love absence of Se.
    Dammit @Forever