User Tag List

123 Last

Riva

Default Characters that make you want to be some other type

Fictional and real life characters of different MBTI types that makes me want to sink in to their type skins.

ESTPs -
    No not James Bond. That dudes too unrealistic. The most romantic factor about him is that he doesn't get killed at the end of the movie and could get away by doing anything and that we know it.

I am thinking T-Bag :-

And why not. One of the most realistic characters I've seen. And one of the most admirable villains. And such a TYPICAL ESTP he is isn't he? (Well minis that fact that he's a racist and a pedophile.) his other traits such as his Charm, opportunistic nature, quick wit and razor sharp tongue, oh such ESTP traits they are and makes me want to be one. ESTP bad boys are classic.

ISTPs -
    Who else but Indiana Jones?

A bit too cold, but not without lady luck. And it comes with his risk taking nature I guess. And he's not some bike riding, know nothing idiot. he is the best ARCHEOLOGIST in the world. ISTPs have it in their nature to be the BEST AT WHAT THEY DO. And Indiana Jones is the best archeologist in the world. Such a good career path for an ISTP. It involves reading a lot and solving mysteries, CHASING treasures and PUNCHING bad guys.

Pooh! Kearsy missed a lot when he didn't list archeologist in the suitable career list for ISTPs .

ESFPs -
    Bill Clinton :-

I don't know too much about American politics and knows almost nothing about American politicians. Well considering that fact I must say he is definitely my favorite yankie president. (Not Abraham Lincoln.) And he was elected twice, so he must have been good at what he did, and he cheated on his wife. (he probably wanted to prove he is an ESFP)

Hmmm... Lets see, there are others I am missing of course, and I can't type them all at once.

Meanwhile I would like to hear about your xxxx heroes while I am making a list. So go on.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Bill's from Arkansas....Yankees aren't from there.

Riva

^ For me all Americans are Yankees. *Shrugs*

I believe this is a good subject for a thread.

So I resurface it, hoping it would catch more eyes this time.

NPcomplete

I've always wanted to be whatever types The Doctor and Feynman are. Well I think they are ENTPs so I probably just need to be on a constant sugar-and-caffeine high. :P

Edit: I'm sure there are other people I hero-worship but I can't remember who.

Riva

Default XNFP - Patrick Jane (The Mentalist)

No he is not an INFJ nor an ENTP. He is one of the most obvious xNFP character I've seen on TV.

His Fi and Si is quite evident. Not only evident it's out of this world. Especially his Si. That combined with his Fi makes him the best people reader of all fictional characters of all time. (Except during his 1 Childhood episode, in which he was an INFJ.)

If one doesn't believe he is xNFP, we shall take it to the appropriate thread.

Of course the above mentioned traits are the reason I like that character so much and wouldn't mind being his type, assuming I would have his strength and mastery of his functions.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    ESFPs -
    Bill Clinton :-

I don't know too much about American politics and knows almost nothing about American politicians. Well considering that fact I must say he is definitely my favorite yankie president. (Not Abraham Lincoln.) And he was elected twice, so he must have been good at what he did, and he cheated on his wife. (he probably wanted to prove he is an ESFP)
    [/B]
    I always thought Bill Clinton was an ENFP and Hillary was an INTJ.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I always thought Bill Clinton was an ENFP and Hillary was an INTJ.
    Bill Clinton is probably ESFP. Not so sure, I must admit. Hasn't seen him give many speeches.
    From what little I know of him, he surely vibes ESFP.
    From the speeches I've heard of him, again he gives an ESFP vibe.
    Ne doms (especially ENFPs) are unique in their communication.
    Watch some videos of ENFPs in the video challenge thread.
    Notice how 'all over the place' ENFPs are. (body language, enthusiasm, excitement, etc)
    That's quite different from B.Clinton's communication style, wouldn't you say?

Hillary Clinton is most probably an ENTJ.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I have thought that Indiana Jones is some sort of N, and Bill Clinton maybe ENFP. Indy is a fictional character, so it's kind of pointless to argue, but he is a professor who spends large part of his time studying ancient writings. How ISTP is that? The action-Indy sounds quite ISTP of course.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by StrawMan View Post
    I have thought that Indiana Jones is some sort of N, and Bill Clinton maybe ENFP. Indy is a fictional character, so it's kind of pointless to argue, but he is a professor who spends large part of his time studying ancient writings. How ISTP is that? The action-Indy sounds quite ISTP of course.
    Spending time in a Uni, Studying and being a professor doesn't indicate N types. I think we can both agree on that?

But the question you have I guess is hows that ISTP?

ISTPs are quite action oriented and Indy didn't become America's most voted action hero for being a professor did he?
    (He is liked for being the adrenaline junkie he is.)
    Again, I guess we can both agree on the point that Indy is the ISTP of all ISTPs when he gets action oriented?
    (You have already made that point. So no need for me to go there.)
    Now the point we disagree on is his tendency to spend so much time studying ancient writings, does not translate to ISTP.

There are 3 points I would like you to consider.

(1) Though he spends considerable amount of time studying does he not from time to time go on wild, impulsive, adrenaline rushing, near death adventures? Does that not scream ISTP to you?
    (2) Does his communication attempts suggest N at all?
    (3) Ever considered the fact that ISTPs are not the 'always risk taking adventurers' MBTI gives credit for? (this would contradict my 1st point of course)

But the truth is they are not. Some ISTPs are quite nerdy and lives in their heads. And almost all ISTPs have their obsessions. Indy's obsession seems to be ancient writings. But almost all ISTPs when in their action oriented mode have a signature fearless, impulsive, wild rush to themselves.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Spending time in a Uni, Studying and being a professor doesn't indicate N types. I think we can both agree on that?
    We can. Though becoming a professor indicates certain interest for theorizing in my opinion. With interest in archeology, he could possibly have chosen other kind of job in the field.

Now the point we disagree on is his tendency to spend so much time studying ancient writings, does not translate to ISTP.

There are 3 points I would like you to consider.

(1) Though he spends considerable amount of time studying does he not from time to time go on wild, impulsive, adrenaline rushing, near death adventures? Does that not scream ISTP to you?
    (2) Does his communication attempts suggest N at all?
    (3) Ever considered the fact that ISTPs are not the 'always risk taking adventurers' MBTI gives credit for? (this would contradict my 1st point of course)
    (1) Sounds at least STP.
    (2) When we see him teaching and discussing with Marcus(?), there are elements that suggest that N is possible.
    (3) Sure. And I think ISTPs are sharp people. But are they the first type to put years to becoming a uni teacher? In real life it requires countless articles written, studying boring stuff to show your competence in areas possibly quite outside your main interests.

But the truth is they are not. Some ISTPs are quite nerdy and lives in their heads. And almost all ISTPs have their obsessions. Indy's obsession seems to be ancient writings.
    Interesting. Maybe I should know more ISTPs to be able to comment.