User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by StrawMan View Post
    We can. Though becoming a professor indicates certain interest for theorizing in my opinion. With interest in archeology, he could possibly have chosen other kind of job in the field.
    Ti Se Ni Fe = ISTP
    Those 2 letter scream Theorizing.

(1) Sounds at least STP.
    ISTP
    He is not so social is he? Has only 1 friend that we can see in all 4 films.

(2) When we see him teaching and discussing with Marcus(?), there are elements that suggest that N is possible.
    That could very well be Ti Ni as I suggested.

And,

it just occurred to me that the is interested in what is tangible.
    Ancient writings, languages, codes, treasure hunting, history are things we could not the same as theoretical physics or philosophy which INTx seem to be interested in.

(3) Sure. And I think ISTPs are sharp people. But are they the first type to put years to becoming a uni teacher? In real life it requires countless articles written, studying boring stuff to show your competence in areas possibly quite outside your main interests.
    Yes you do have a point. But it was in his main interest, was it not?

Interesting. Maybe I should know more ISTPs to be able to comment.
    ExxPs are the adrenaline junkies.
    IxxPs are the calculating ones who from time to time after much calculation makes an adrenaline leaps.

That's ISTP.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    And,
    it just occurred to me that the is interested in what is tangible.
    Ancient writings, languages, codes, treasure hunting, history are things we could not the same as theoretical physics or philosophy which INTx seem to be interested in.
    I see these interests, counting out treasure hunting, leaning more to the abstract side of things. Interpretation of symbols mostly. Although, in Indy's case there always seems to be a concrete goal that he wants to accomplish, i.e. finding some valuable artifact, and the codes and writings are probably just tools for achieving this.

For Indy, I could see IxTP or maybe even INTJ. But Indy is a fictional character, and the script writers tend to load them with all kinds of interesting and suitable traits, no matter how badly they fit together. Take discussions of the type of Sherlock Holmes for a good example.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by StrawMan View Post
    I see these interests, counting out treasure hunting, leaning more to the abstract side of things. Interpretation of symbols mostly. Although, in Indy's case there always seems to be a concrete goal that he wants to accomplish, i.e. finding some valuable artifact, and the codes and writings are probably just tools for achieving this.

For Indy, I could see IxTP or maybe even INTJ. But Indy is a fictional character, and the script writers tend to load them with all kinds of interesting and suitable traits, no matter how badly they fit together. Take discussions of the type of Sherlock Holmes for a good example.
    Yes, Sherlock Holmes is a confusing character, I must admit.

Getting to IxTP -

An ISTP tends to be more goal oriented than INTPs. It's the Se Ni in them. If they do something a reward has to be the end result. (Se combined with Ni.) Ni long term thinking, Se practical skills to get to it. Ni always questions the point of doing things. (This is why Ni doms are not so fun . But it is true.) ISTPs have tertiary Ni in them. This would make them think what's the point of doing certain things. Sometimes even having fun. (Haven't you seen fun kill ISTPs? They do exist.)

On the other hand INTPs are less goal oriented. For them to crack the code is more valuable (interesting) than use it to get to the treasure. Ne likes to put things together. This is why NP tend to be creative. (Likes to be creative too.) For an NP, putting things together could be the end result itself.

Riva

Default Dexter Morgan - INTJ

His efficiency, decisiveness, mastermind planning, will power, strength of character, humility, helpfulness, modesty ...... etc

Besides, who could not like Dexter Morgan?

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

His efficiency, decisiveness, mastermind planning, will power, strength of character, humility, helpfulness, modesty ...... etc

Besides, who could not like Dexter Morgan?
    He is a boring psycho who can never let things go wild and engage in passionate intimacy. This show is extremely boring. I wouldn't like to be him.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    He is a boring psycho who can never let things go wild and engage in passionate intimacy. This show is extremely boring. I wouldn't like to be him.
    Well that comes with the INTJ package. Lolz...

Ps - I hope others start participating in this thread. Hmmm.... it sounds interesting to me. Maybe I should change the thread title?

Riva

No he is not an INFJ nor an ENTP. He is one of the most obvious xNFP character I've seen on TV.

His Fi and Si is quite evident. Not only evident it's out of this world. Especially his Si. That combined with his Fi makes him the best people reader of all fictional characters of all time. (Except during his 1 Childhood episode, in which he was an INFJ.)

If one doesn't believe he is xNFP, we shall take it to the appropriate thread.

Of course the above mentioned traits are the reason I like that character so much and wouldn't mind being his type, assuming I would have his strength and mastery of his functions.
    Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

He is an INFJ. Not an xNFP. I regret my own typing.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

He is an INFJ. Not an xNFP. I regret my own typing.
    It's OK. It's all pointless and arbitrary anyway.

Yes, Sherlock Holmes is a confusing character, I must admit.
    I think he's been many types. ITP, ETP, and even ETJ. My favorite is the Jeremy Brett version. He's quite unlike the Cumberbatch version. Cumberbatch is blatantly dismissive of details.. or what he sees as pointless info. A stronger intuitive. There's that funny (and exaggerrated) scene where Watson is stunned that Holmes didn't know the earth revolved around the sun. Most things in life aren't pertinent to him somehow. Brett is more traditional Holmes and a stickler for all kinds of pointless info. I think he's some crazy ESTJ actually.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Lily Allen and Jenna Marbles make me want to be an ESTP.