123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Default Night's Type Video

So, I finally decided to upload a video of myself.

Hopefully, this will provide better insight into my MBTI.

Tell me what you think.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

"I enjoy animals..." I think that's a good indication of Ni... looking at both the animal as pets / interactions as well as animals for consumption. Same goes for fashionable hygiene...

I also find it interesting that introverted interests (thinking, writing) came to your mind before outdoor activities.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Yeah, the question took me by kind of by surprise - in the interests of preserving the ideal of how I would "normally" respond, I didn't read the questions ahead of time. In the end, I had a hard time deciphering what it precisely was asking, so I tried to reconfigure it to encompass either outcome.

I'm better at reading/writing than I am at outdoor stuff.

So, Ni dom? INFJ? INTJ?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm impressed by your mental and verbal adroitness. Did you actually come up with all of this on the spot? Are you sure none of it was rehearsed?

The mental image I get when listening to this, is of a very fast spider-like creature running through a web-like mind, collecting relevant data, and then "feeding" on it in order to produce your responses. Your thought process is freakishly efficient and beautiful, from a certain perspective.

You can just so quickly identify what you want to say, and what's relevant, discard one thing and move on to the next...

The power of your mind is truly intimidating in person. Text does not do you justice. In writing, your mental/intellectual advantage over me seems slight.

In any case... I'm fairly certain that you're an NT. INTJ does come to mind, but I could see ENTJ as well. It would help if I had a better idea of whether most INTJs have the kind of... presence you do.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Thank you, Athenian.

I didn't rehearse. I am good at concentrating my thoughts into spontaneous, cohesive images. I tried to make the video as I naturally behave.

INTx. The impression kept flipping in and out of predominantly INTP with moments of how I imagine an INTJ might come across. I've known a few INTPs quite well but no INTJs. Cascadeco is currently dating an INTJ so she might be able to provide some insight.

When you're normally having a conversation with others, do you make more eye contact?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    When you're normally having a conversation with others, do you make more eye contact?
    Depends. When I am deciding upon a genuine response to a question, I tend to look away for a moment to collect my thoughts and then return to eye contact to deliver them. My natural state has always been reported to me as a semi-frown, so I find if I momentarily break eye contact before speaking, I come across less...angry?

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Yeah, the question took me by kind of by surprise - in the interests of preserving the ideal of how I would "normally" respond, I didn't read the questions ahead of time. In the end, I had a hard time deciphering what it precisely was asking, so I tried to reconfigure it to encompass either outcome.
    Yup, I had that impression when you turned the question around and started talking about how tasty they are. I doubt most people would have seen the question that way, but it was a refreshing change. :laughs:

So, Ni dom? INFJ? INTJ?
    I'd still say balanced INTJ... in terms of the way you articulated your thoughts. But then again, you know me... I've always been biased for whatever type I first associate with you.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Depends. When I am deciding upon a genuine response to a question, I tend to look away for a moment to collect my thoughts and then return to eye contact to deliver them. My natural state has always been reported to me as a semi-frown, so I find if I momentarily break eye contact before speaking, I come across less...angry?
    I'm not seeing the legendary death glare that xNTJs seem to have. You also seem to display some Fe with consideration for people, social issues and also fashion but from a social issue perspective.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    I'm not seeing the legendary death glare that xNTJs seem to have. You also seem to display some Fe with consideration for people, social issues and also fashion but from a social issue perspective.
    Oh, most definitely. If you want to succeed, it's important to know your audience. As social creatures, we are unavoidably interdependent on each other for...well, most everything. As my dependency is included within this expression, it reasonable to seek out and reduce barriers to my ultimate social success.

It then becomes a question of eloquence - how well can you put into practice what you've theoretically learned?