0 0%
  • ESTP

0 0%
First 345

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

First of all, your video was a pleasure to watch. Very calm steady voice, very articulate, pristine language.

There is a reason INTJ is the consensus:
    - There is your immaculate appearance.
    - There was very little facial expression and I too noticed the dodging of the rather personal dislike question.
    - You seem to have a very realistic idea of both your abilities and your weaknesses without visibly attaching any emotion to either one.
    - To me, the interpretation of enjoying animals as enjoying to eat them seemed like Ni at work. Interesting to see it life.
    - For some reason (part of it might be physical resemblance) you reminded ma a bit of the tv character Dexter...you know, the sociopathic serial killer. But in a good way, really.

Overall, too neat and too detached to be anything but XNTJ.

By the way, how come this is in the Bonfire? If you had any serious doubt, rather than simply wanting to finally do a video out of curiosity, it would belong in the What's my type section. Is that yet another hint?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    So, 12 poll votes alongside a consistent in-thread INTJ analysis trend. Noted.

Oh, and I generally test as 5w6 (with 8 as my 'ignored' wing), candylandjoe.
    i figured 6w5. whichever.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    you reminded ma a bit of the tv character Dexter...you know, the sociopathic serial killer. But in a good way, really.
    I've gotten Dexter before. Also, The Architect from The Matrix.

He has a better home entertainment system than I.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've gotten Dexter before. Also, The Architect from The Matrix.

He has a better home entertainment system than I.
    I can definitely see how you are similar to The Architect.

Though you seem far less condescending and more human.

MBTI
    INTJ

Tell me what you think.
    INTJ with a soft T.

I must say though, that whole "finger to the temple" thing was very distracting/driving me nuts. I was moments away from going down a black man's road and yelling at the screen.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Oh wow, I've never seen a poll consensus like that.

*votes INTP for good reason*

I remember u thinking u were ENTP for a while, and the P is there, just not the J, and it seems people agree you're an I. I'm not seein the J. Your indecisiveness, open-mindedness, sense of humor (tho some INTJs can have one), seemingly laid-back, and it seems like you use Ti analysis and detachment a lot in your posts to me. Though I'm sure lots of other ppl in this thread have had more experience w/ u.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Two INTP votes.

While I can't rule out this possibility, I have to admit that many of the 'J' characteristics have always been more intrinsic to my psyche - things like making lists, adding organization and structure to different aspects of my personal and intrapersonal existence, etc. While certainly trite as it pertains to traditionalist viewpoints of J v. P benchmarks, these behaviors are so ingrained into my subconscious as to be sufficiently inseparable from who I am without (presumably) some major psychological surgery. Maybe a traumatic event could change things. (Don't try and spite me by crossing your fingers, here...)

INTP is still a possibility. Can't really rule it out; just can't bring it to a better place than INTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Why the focus on inter-personal stuff? I don't rule out that an INTJ can give a damn about such things, but I'd prefer to say it'd be the result of purpose. Not purpose as in we are social animals, but purpose as in it's yer job, or the awareness springs from some field of study you've chosen to develop for yourself. What is your job? Something that needs you to study social mores and internalise them? (Or was it therapy?)

For me to go ahead and say some Ni type I'd want to know what parts of the questions and your answers you found funny. Or was the deadpan all actually non-humour? The bit where "enjoy" gets changed to enjoyment of eating the animals, for instance. The "always a plus" was almost overt.

Why do a video without preparing? You want to know what other people think the result will be? Is that why you didn't screw around with the questions, particularly near the end where you got tired? You have to take the questions seriously so other people can get a good read? You don't care enough about MBTI to work out the answer yourself? Why benchmark then?

(None of these questions are meant to make a case for not-"INTJ". I'm just relating what I saw in the video to what I might or might not do myself. Besides, the whole giant privacy sign written all over the whole thing is kinda suggestive of INTJ style "keep out".)

Meh, I probably just convinced myself of INTJ. Welcome aboard, individual.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I am curious why, with two votes INTP and 21 INTJ, you say,

INTP is still a possibility. Can't really rule it out; just can't bring it to a better place than INTJ.
    Explain?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

only one video and one context is challenging.

you remind me of an infp 9w1 so/sp academic friend of mine, but you talk a little faster.

i see strong e1 reason giving practices. love for deliberation, and a pragmatic perspective to playing social and life games. your diction is also stylized in a very likable e1 way that is, at the same time, rather expressive and conveys a sense of social place and social identifications, social values.

i notice you keep seeming to be thinking about the perspective of others as you check in with the story of what's happening. to be able to focus on their experience makes me think infp 9w1 is not yet eliminated. 9w1 master anticipating the needs of others. yet academia and its training in argument and reason-giving creates a very critically self-conscious, deliberative kind of person. a love for efficiency. yet 9w1 infp types seem to have a deeper appreciation for just being with others than most intjs, altho 1w9 intjs are far closer to this than 5s and 6s. 1w9 intjs and 1 ents i've met so far have a harder switch between e1 and the wing. e1 is less tamed. whereas 9s feel more placid on the surface, because they are running less against their bodies, less against the need to control their bodies and their energies. it's more of a calming energy. i like the example from the intrusive phone conversation. the way you approach it seems especially 9w1 to me. 5s generally don't have a very good sense of boundaries in general.

i think donald davidson is a 9w1 infp philosopher.