• ESTP

0 0%
First 2345 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Wow, your face is so unexpressive here. Is that just from talking to a camera or are you like that with people, too? Just going based on facial expression and tone of voice, INT is unquestionable. INTJ seems to fit better than INTP overall. The way you speak reminds me very much of my IxTJ close friend.

It's funny because you come across quite differently in your writing (much higher Fe/Fi and more extroverted/animated for example). Not that you don't also seem INTJ there, it's just not nearly so...obvious.

edit: I think this is the first type poll I've seen with a unanimous decision! (so far, at least)
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Lots of random thoughts generated as I watched this.

well, right away, there's an IxTx read that is probably also laden with typical "male" emotive expression -- your voice is pretty flat, monotone, your face is not animated and I very clearly get the sense that you are a mind speaking through it from a distance, rather than the face and the mind being firmly integrated.

Most of the early issues you discuss seem to involve "control" -- although I share a lot of the same annoyances over human behavior -- and I might have pointed out smack in the middle of my comments that the camera wasn't working right.

Interesting shirt. Button down, collared, and you wear this casually? That might say something. (INTP tends to go even more casual than this, since a button-shirt might prevent the option of doing something more manual in nature. I think one reason male INTPs seem to love love t-shirts is because they can be worn clean or dirty and don't really force one to take them off in order to carry out a particular task.)

I can identify with the "responsibility" thing, but I know for a lot of it also came from (1) being the eldest in my family and (2) being raised by ISFJs, where no excuse is good enough to justify breaking a promise, and you always always always do what you said you would do, no matter how hard it is. (And in a work place environment, I really expect someone's words to fit their actions, and for them to either stick to deadlines OR communiate any problems before the deadline arrives, so no one else is caught flat-footed.)

Still, I think there is a TJ thing in play where people's words are expected to reflect their deeds just on a very rational basis; while I have a very strong need for one's actions consistent with one's words, I also am able to accept various ambiguities in that, and new situations that come up. I remember working with my INTJ boss in my last job, and he really really hated it when new circumstances inadvertently derailed his old plans, whereas I was far more flexible... even if we both expected people to be true to their word and communicate effectively.

You speak very articulately, with a wide command of language. You also seem comfortable talking, and systematically break things down into bullet/numbered lists. When I write (and thus a lot of my T nature can come out), I'm much more organized. When I actually interact with people face-to-face, i don't talk like this naturally... I'd be more inclined to say, "Okay. Well, my NEXT point is..." Because I'm leading more with N. And unless i have the whole talk organized, I tend to go from one point to whatever point it organically seems to be leading to, so unless I do write it all down ahead of time and force myself into a path, I kind of "springboard" based on the data coming at me into what ever direction seems natural. You sounds more like you have the interview outlined, and are following it naturally, which is more T... and makes sense for an introvert if T is in secondary position.

I didn't hear a lot of "filler" words (um, uh, etc.) ... what I hear most is fill-in phrases that explain why you might be changing direction (like footnoting an essay) from something you just said. So any breaks in the seamless presentation seem to be interjections of reasons to break the current pattern.

"As a social creature, I enjoy companionship." Dude, you really clinched a T rating with this line (and likely an NT). I'm still laughing... because I can imagine writing something like this myself (the area in which I naturally exude T), or maybe I would have said it here in terms of a verbal exploratory essay on my own type, but never in a social situation... and the majority of F's I know would never say it IRL or say it in a video like this. (In fact, the entire structure of your video is far different than some videos you would see of people tasked with the same assignment; you're clearly not an SFP, for example.)

I could identify with the "cell phone" thing -- I have the same frustration with the inherent rudeness of such an interaction. But here's where my P kicks in: Since I don't like the frustration, and I know I can't shut them up, I change my approach and instead I adjust and listen to their stupid converation and learn a lot of personal information about them they probably wouldn't want me to know. I then have information I can use in a story, or in case I ever do see them again, etc. IMO, if they're going to be rude enough to make their problems public knowledge, then they have no say over how I monopolize the information for my own purposes. So I think P does adjust better than J, even if some of the frustration triggers are similar.

"Frustrated by people with little self-awarness, little self-perception, little awareness of the cause-and-effect impact of their actions on others." Yeah.

Again, lols with the "I enjoy animals to interact with, I enjoy animals to consume." My F friends would just look at you as if you had two heads, but I totally get what you're saying; again, it's detached analysis you are instinctively performing on a question that for many is far more personal in nature.

You like being able to "deconstruct issues and come up with unique/creative responses to them." <-- big point.

Okay, the thing you most dislike about yourself is not being able to tan well in the summer. RLY? After everything else you have said has typically been abstracted qualities? So ... why did you dodge the question? Do you not see any negatives about your personality? Or do you hate having to admit negatives about your personality? Or do you feel that that information is too personal to disseminate openly on a web site, even if for the purposes of helping people "type" you? I found it a remarkable and not-so-subtle dodge in an otherwise illuminating video.

Social hygiene more than looking fashionable. That sounds pretty NTJ to me. Fasion serves a function purpose along the lines of social structure, not really necessarily a creative act on its own.

(Dude, you keep meta-ing the questions as you discuss them... I love it. )

Your interest list was funny is that it involved more "tangible" activities than I experience as an NP type. Your S activities sounded more like things you could "learn" and thus feel competent regarding, whereas my S activities are more about exploration and don't necessarily involve finesse of any sort.

A lot of your relational stuff seems to involve concepts such as unification, security, commitment; liberation is found in the commitment, if the relationship is any good, rather than being restrictive in nature; being part of something bigger than you are.

Anyway, I already thought you were INTJ, and I don't really see a better fit for you. You are reaching a new period of your life as well, where you are integrating in your relationships and finding fulfillment through them, which also helps put ambitions and the need to develop competencies in a broader comments, so I think you're likely more relaxed at this point of your life than before.

No surprises here in this video, it's how I pictured you honestly.

....Hope my random, not quite organized observations were helpful.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm kind of late to jump in on this thread but I'll add my words.

Great job on your video!

Chalk up another vote for INTJ. My second choice would have been ISTJ as I saw a practical focus from several of the questions but I think its mainly due to aux. Te. The part about liking yourself for the ability to deconstruct issues and provide your unique creative response, is more suggestive of dominant Ni paired with aux. Te.

I saw a very articulate and quickly get to the point approach and emotional calm. Not too much emotional expression. I think all of this is consistent with INTJ.

You have the ability to answer questions consisely, cutting down to the basic essentials. Contrast that with my more rambling style and wanting to include everything.

Some things that I found noteworthy:

Do you like animals? Yes for interaction *and* consumption. I don't you'll see too many F types mentioning the consumption part of it.

Some of the things you like to do were more physical in nature: soccer, running, boating. Aspirational Se perhaps? You also mentioned reading, thinking, and writing, which I think is common among Dom. Ni.

Working to be more socially adroit- I think this is a common issue of INTJs (and other NTs)

I found it interesting that in the part about what do you dislike about yourself, you just mentioned that you tan poorly. I like your sense of humor but couldn't help but wonder if you simply are uncomfortable admitting the parts you don't like about yourself. It's a pattern I've seemed to notice with other NTJ types. Some of them don't like openly admitting their weakness and exposing their vulnerability. It could be an enneagram 8 thing too. Didn't you say in your profile you had a connection to type 8?

Also, you didn't mention your name until the very end, as if it was an afterthought. I've observed that in Ts- some will cut right down to the chase and not take time for the warm and friendly introductions. I would think F types if they chose to reveal their name would be more likely to do so at the beginning.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Night, I honestly think you seem INTP. Genuinely INTP, not like a lot of the "INTPs" here.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Some very, very good points here. Of particular note was the "things I most dislike about myself" dodge. A very intentional move. When I put the question to myself, I didn't want to expose elements of my identity I truly consider to be unsavory, or unnatural. A neurotic, irrational decision, given my decision to ultimately post a video of myself to the same people I am trying to guard against.

As far as the conversational 'citations' go, I can certainly see what you're referencing. I dislike inaccuracy to the extent that I'm often willing to sacrifice external interest to ensure my ideas are 'truthfully' offered.

Some very good thoughts. I'll have to think more on what you've offered.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Night - this is a great video. You are pretty much like I imagined. It is interesting to observe the continual taking a step back and framing issues with a meta perspective. The things that annoy you annoy me as well. You seem like a more serious INTJ with a more disciplined mind than I.

I wonder if the camera moving in and out has to do with your hand.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Thank you.

The desire for organization and mental structure isn't without expense. More often than not, I find myself not correctly interpreting social signals and inadvertently putting myself in awkward interpersonal settings.

Just tonight, I was at a friend's birthday party. After initially greeting him, we exchanged niceties for a few moments (I always wonder when it's considered 'polite' to vacate the conversation and try to keep a mental tally of time/pleasantry) and then experienced a mutual lull in dialogue. Not noticing this, he turned away to address someone else for a few minutes and I was left standing there, politely waiting for his attention to return. It didn't. Apparently, I missed the part where you're supposed to exit the dialogue when it becomes clear you've temporarily run out of things to say at each other.

This is why I try to keep a tally. So, I understand when it's logical to walk away without being offensive, or when I'm overstaying my welcome. It varies between people and social circumstance, but I find the ratio is pretty consistent overall.

This is the part I don't like about myself. I wish I were better at interpersonal assessment/body language recognition.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Just tonight, I was at a friend's birthday party. After initially greeting him, we exchanged niceties for a few moments (I always wonder when it's considered 'polite' to vacate the conversation and try to keep a mental tally of time/pleasantry) and then experienced a mutual lull in dialogue. Not noticing this, he turned away to address someone else for a few minutes and I was left standing there, politely waiting for his attention to return. It didn't. Apparently, I missed the part where you're supposed to exit the dialogue when it becomes clear you've temporarily run out of things to say at each other.
    Yeah. I learned how to do it as soon as I began to trust my "feel" for a situation rather than trying to analyze it. The cues are there if you're open to them and trust yourself to them. But intellectually, it's not quite so obvious, and some of the ideas might not have reached closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander
    I wonder if the camera moving in and out has to do with your hand.
    That's possible. He did have that hand up near his face, with the fingers moving delicately and constantly. It might have tried to focus on them.

That's another thing that's hard for me in social situation. What the bink am I supposed to be doing with my hands?

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Maybe that's a good starting point. To explore the emotional impulse of the moment, rather than try to diagram the next stage in a predetermined process. It's just hard. I've tried this before and my mind wants to race forward and 'predict' what would be the best time/place to respectfully bow out of the conversation and return to my corner.

Even at work, I find that people tend to accumulate at other people's desks. I rarely have any desire to join them (seems a huge waste of 'free time', what little we all have). It's not that I'm unfriendly when people do pop their heads in; it's just that I invariably find myself subconsciously wondering at the length of time they've been standing in front of me, and how much longer they intend to occupy time that could be better directed towards the completion of an important personal task I have before me. Process over people? Maybe.

I know that sounds silly. I just would genuinely rather get my work done than have the conventional 'water cooler' talk everyone else seems to enjoy. Of course, this means I spend my Saturday nights at home. But, I'm alright with that. I dislike the noise, if that makes any sense.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Maybe that's a good starting point. To explore the emotional impulse of the moment, rather than try to diagram the next stage in a predetermined process. It's just hard. I've tried this before and my mind wants to race forward and 'predict' what would be the best time/place to respectfully bow out of the conversation and return to my corner.
    It isn't easy, that's for sure, if you haven't done it much or don't trust the process / your own skill with it yet.

I suffered a number of awkward moments while trying to acclimatize myself, and one thing that helped was reminding myself that what seemed like a huge gaff to me was probably barely noticed by people who aren't so introspective/self-critical. The same distortion can be noticed when speaking in public -- what feels like a huge gap of silence actually is not that large depending upon one's normal speaking rate, and trying to cram extraneous information into what feels like a gaping hole actually comes off as frenetic and uncomfortable, more than what the hole was observed to be by others.

Even at work, I find that people tend to accumulate at other people's desks. I rarely have any desire to join them (seems a huge waste of 'free time', what little we all have). It's not that I'm unfriendly when people do pop their heads in; it's just that I invariably find myself subconsciously wondering at the length of time they've been standing in front of me, and how much longer they intend to occupy time that could be better directed towards the completion of an important personal task I have before me. Process over people? Maybe.
    I can feel that way sometimes, if they do it too much or take TOO long a time. More complicated is when someone stops to talk to me, and then someone pops in and the two visitors start talking, and I feel like I'm no longer part of the conversation after a minute. What I do then is just half-monitor the conversation in case they try to include me again, and meanwhile get back to work, and it doesn't seem to bother them plus signals the hint that they don't need to involve me anymore if they've moved on and often they'll just wander off. Kind of funny, watching as a third-party.

I've been fortunate that the bulk of people who stop and see me are more socially aware. The worst times are when you get stuck with an incessant talker who recognizes far less cues than we do, and in that case, I find a reason to excuse myself. (Creepily enough, my former ESFJ boss was one of those... she isn't much of a techie/content person, so all she has is 'feeling connected to underlings' and she'd often latch on socially far past what was appropriate in a workplace.)

I know that sounds silly. I just would genuinely rather get my work done than have the conventional 'water cooler' talk everyone else seems to enjoy. Of course, this means I spend my Saturday nights at home. But, I'm alright with that. I dislike the noise, if that makes any sense.
    No, it makes sense. I feel lonely myself sometimes, being at home alone, but I also like the space; meanwhile, if I go out to a party or larger gathering, I often still feel alone / overwhelmed after awhile. I guess all I really want is to know I have relationships with people that I can indulge when I need, and stay connected with, but not constantly feel like it's a chore or we've got unpleasant obligations to associate more than what seems reasonable. I'm a one-on-one person by nature. At work, all I want to know is that people like me and that I have someone to talk to when it seems appropriate, but I don't want to have someone constantly invading my mental space.

So what you describe doesn't seem odd to me at all, it's definitely part of IxTx types.