• ESTP

0 0%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

100% INTJ.

Note the utilitarianism. Hygiene as fashion sense. Enjoy animals both as food and companion. Quiet, but can be outspoken at work (because at work, saying things to other people is a means of accomplishing objectives).

Definite Ni/Se: proximate noises, smells, etc., intrude upon the thoughts one would prefer to follow. I don't sense Ti or Fe, here. In particular, the "purposeful" reasons given for making choices; not logical, not social. Te follows social expectations to a degree, but it's always functional, not to fit in or get along for its own sake. Ti is not concerned with that level of functionality, but has a more "systems" perspective. Fi is still very quiet and behind the scenes: I can tell you really love the people in your life, but it doesn't shine from your eyes, yet. Similarly, inferior Se isn't conscious, yet, because you barely look at the camera, instead looking diagonally up and down. (Some of that is just looking at your computer, but accounting for that, there is no demonstrated notion of a camera lens that would establish "eye contact".)

You'll become more socially "adroit" as you put it when you reveal to others the warmth you feel inside (Fi). By opening up that aspect of yourself, others will find your presence more reassuring than intimidating, and they'll in turn open up to you. This will become naturally easier as you become more confident and comfortable in your life.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Your intrapersonal awareness is superb. INTj.

The one thing that stood out to me was your like/dislike segment, in which you mainly highlight how you dislike when others are unaware of their psychological and physical intrusion of others' space, which to me suggests a Ni dom's natural antagonism towards bad Se. A sense of community and belonging is something you cherish and don't show a whole lot of friction discussing or thinking about, which is something I think more INTPs would emphasize as being an issue, from a cognitive standpoint.

Although, the fact you started your own thread and your camera "couldn't help" but continuously zoom in on your face had me thinking ESFP for a quick moment

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Your intrapersonal awareness is superb. INTj.

The one thing that stood out to me was your like/dislike segment, in which you mainly highlight how you dislike when others are unaware of their psychological and physical intrusion of others' space, which to me suggests a Ni dom's natural antagonism towards bad Se. A sense of community and belonging is something you cherish and don't show a whole lot of friction discussing or thinking about, which is something I think more INTPs would emphasize as being an issue, from a cognitive standpoint.

Although, the fact you started your own thread and your camera "couldn't help" but continuously zoom in on your face had me thinking ESFP for a quick moment
    I second this. Night, when you speak I feel a kinship that is difficult to explain. I can relate to many of the annoyances you have...

The crispness of your speech and (attempted, though not always achieved) neatness of exposition is very similar to other INTJs I know and interact with.

This all becomes very difficult to deduce in light of your obvious intelligence and general well-roundedness, but my opinion on you still stands.

Glad to see you around again!
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    100% INTJ.

Note the utilitarianism. Hygiene as fashion sense. Enjoy animals both as food and companion. Quiet, but can be outspoken at work (because at work, saying things to other people is a means of accomplishing objectives).

Definite Ni/Se: proximate noises, smells, etc., intrude upon the thoughts one would prefer to follow. I don't sense Ti or Fe, here. In particular, the "purposeful" reasons given for making choices; not logical, not social. Te follows social expectations to a degree, but it's always functional, not to fit in or get along for its own sake. Ti is not concerned with that level of functionality, but has a more "systems" perspective. Fi is still very quiet and behind the scenes: I can tell you really love the people in your life, but it doesn't shine from your eyes, yet. Similarly, inferior Se isn't conscious, yet, because you barely look at the camera, instead looking diagonally up and down. (Some of that is just looking at your computer, but accounting for that, there is no demonstrated notion of a camera lens that would establish "eye contact".)
    Yes. A very precise documentation of my previously overlooked MBTI 'trigger points', uumlau. As I re-watched my video with your analysis in tow, my unconscious behaviors were suddenly illuminated into the context of MBTI. I have awful Se. I frequently bump into things. I wear mismatched socks. I lose my keys. It gives me faith that you offer these inferior traits as improvable items.

I've always had a hard time with Fi. Although in principle I understand the utility of Fi/emotional value systems, I have to admit that in practice I've always found Fi too cumbersome to appreciate in others - it's always just lacked discernible consistency, given the intrinsic mores and nuances synonymous with personal upbringing and biology. So, I've just ignored it.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post

Haha. I was wondering if anyone would notice that...

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Oh, most definitely. If you want to succeed, it's important to know your audience. As social creatures, we are unavoidably interdependent on each other for...well, most everything. As my dependency is included within this expression, it reasonable to seek out and reduce barriers to my ultimate social success.

It then becomes a question of eloquence - how well can you put into practice what you've theoretically learned?
    That sounds like the practicality and efficiency of Te. So does your perspective on animals.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I'm not in a location now where I'm able to view the video, but will do so tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Depends. When I am deciding upon a genuine response to a question, I tend to look away for a moment to collect my thoughts and then return to eye contact to deliver them. My natural state has always been reported to me as a semi-frown, so I find if I momentarily break eye contact before speaking, I come across less...angry?
    haha re your 'natural state' being reported as semi-frown/anger. That matches my boyfriend, hehe. I think it's that he is so *focused* in what he says, and it can come across in a rather NiTe passionate (more driven-focused passionate, rather than pure emotive passionate).

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor
    I'm not seeing the legendary death glare that xNTJs seem to have. You also seem to display some Fe with consideration for people, social issues and also fashion but from a social issue perspective.
    I've posted on here before that my boyfriend is *exceedingly* polite and considerate in social interactions and such. And very diplomatic. And.. I defy all of you to find a better tipper and more pleasant/considerate person to wait staff. And.. he is very ... I would say sensitive/considerate of other people as a rule of thumb. He might have LOTS of stuff he's biting his tongue on that's rattling through his head, but he'll keep it in and so what he does say - in social settings, at least - probably could come across as Fe-ish simply because of what he deems not his place to say. But in the working world I think that's where his Te is really obvious and has more 'free reign'. This isn't to say WHAT he talks about in social settings doesn't have a significant Te slant, because it does, but it's also presented in a very socially aware way - aware of his setting, I suppose, as well as wanting to treat others considerately.

His politeness/considerateness though, I would classify as more detached-he doesn't exude warmth in these interactions, but he does exude good intentions and well-meaning.

But I look forward to watching the video to confirm!!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I've posted on here before that my boyfriend is *exceedingly* polite and considerate in social interactions and such. And very diplomatic. And.. I defy all of you to find a better tipper and more pleasant/nice person to wait staff. And.. he is very ... I would say sensitive/considerate of other people as a rule of thumb.

But I look forward to watching the video to confirm!!
    Oh good, you clocked in! I'm dying of curiosity how an INTJ comes across in real life, having never known a typed one. It's possible I have met one and didn't know.

ThatGirl

I would say INTJ. There is another element there too, though, that was a little hard to stomach.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I would say INTJ. There is another element there too, though, that was a little hard to stomach.
    Is it the part where I'm not divorced?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I am typing this without reading the other posts in order to avoid tainting my opinion.

INTJ - but, I would like to see you in a group to be certain I vs E. Your speech sped up more towards the end of the video and I felt some more energy from you then, that's why I still feel you could be small i / small e. And, your Fi barely has a pulse in there, but is evident most in talking about your marriage I think.

Seeing this sells me more on INTJ though.

If I interacted with you IRL I would be trying to bring your Fi to the surface on a regular basis. It needs some air!

And yes, I am sure you tan poorly in summer too!

Thanks for sharing your video. After that picture you used to have as your avatar for so long (I am afraid I don't know who it was of, an older growly grumpy looking man) it was refreshing to see a real face back there.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching