User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    How do you think this place would end up looking like?
    90% autobot spam.

Also, I've yet to see a "complete freedom of speech" forum with no mods ever gain any traction.... as in attract a large active memberbase. There is prob one or two out there.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Why, did you finally buy one?

(ba-DOOM-chick! Crash)

Yeah, I'm very P but also have a sense of order about things, for the purposes of keeping things stable enough to experience freedom.

Put another way, chaos without order is essentially cancerous. Order without chaos is dead.
    There has to be some framework/structure in order that an entity can prosper.

(For one small example, the human body is an exercise in ordered diversity. Everything has its place and works in a fairly predictable way, but there's lots of variation between the bodies of human beings.)

It's just finding that sweet spot where exploration and growth is not unduly inhibited.
    The imposed order has to benefit the group / enable life.
    There's got to be a measure of flexibility but its like the difference between water and acid.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    There's got to be a measure of flexibility but its like the difference between water and acid.
    In which direction? In terms of viable/stable vs too much flex?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

I think it was like, that water helps support life, and acid burns you horribly...

Smile

Just think what the moderators have done - they have created a tolerant and well run site - and all the moderators are volunteers.

For instance, I was invited to come to this site by Geoff, not because it is based on MBTI but because it is a tolerant and well run site. All due to the moderators.

And not only am I welcome here but I am welcome to critique the very raison d'être of this site.

And on this site I have been able to discover my own voice and my own ideas and share them wth others.

And as well I have been able to discover and critique the very nature of the internet.

How lucky can we be?

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I've already seen plenty of forums with no moderators. They can be okay at first, depending on who starts them. Once they have any popularity, however, they tend to be flooded in spam, have lots of people posting rather graphic content, and a lot of members who poorly write inflammatory statements about sex and race and like to csll other people fucking retards all in caps. It doesn't provide much for a thinking person.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    We'd probably make our own social hierarchy and certain members would make the members being assholes miserable until they left.
    Unfortunately, what actually happens, is that the people who are the biggest assholes have the easiest time making others miserable, so they quickly become the king of the hill.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    It was like West Side Story up in here. The Jets were all like "GTFO", and then the Sharks were all like, "no u". Then Ivy and Jennifer started snapping their fingers in unison and doing pirouettes.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8R9GiLImSw&feature=player_detailpage#t=18 6s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8R9GiLImSw&feature=player_detailpage#t=18 6s[/YOUTUBE]
    I am so in love with you for that!!

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    It was like West Side Story up in here. The Jets were all like "GTFO", and then the Sharks were all like, "no u". Then Ivy and Jennifer started snapping their fingers in unison and doing pirouettes.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8R9GiLImSw&feature=player_detailpage#t=18 6s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8R9GiLImSw&feature=player_detailpage#t=18 6s[/YOUTUBE]
    I'm reminded of this. start watching at 3:16 [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsZ-BMKVbSc&feature=player_detailpage#t=196s"]I think it's just the westside story reference[/YOUTUBE]
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

if there were no mods the more reasonable members of the site would leave for elsewhere, leaving only trolls and spam here eventually... and they'd leave because some trolls are too stubborn and dumb to stop through conventional means and bannings are necissary
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett