User Tag List

First 3341424344 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I idenitfy with Laintpe a lot so far, just because we have an almost scary amount of things in common. I also identify with Risen... and perhaps a few others. I'll update with more people I identify with as I get to know them
    Tune into Ventrilo weeknights between 6pm and 1am PST for continuation of universe dominating shenanigans and occassional type-related propaganda.........

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    Digest and Trinity are the first to pop into my head.
    it's mutual.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

How many Kiwis and Australians are there here? So all you know, I'm a kiwi living in Oz.
    Um, sorry for hijacking the thread, carry on.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't mind thread hijacks.... Aussie meetup time!!!
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    How many Kiwis and Australians are there here? So all you know, I'm a kiwi living in Oz.
    Um, sorry for hijacking the thread, carry on.
    Lots. Start a thread Kiwis and Aussies and they'll come out of the woodwork. I'm a Kiwi in Japan.

I'm officially from Sol, but holiday lots in Melbourne.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

digest is cool. One just got to appreciate the occasional concise and snarky comment.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    kuranes, there are a bunch of people that I like but didn't list purely because there isn't that ease of understanding. My list of who I like would be very long.

And that ties into something else I was thinking about. There are a few whose insight I value, eg toonia and cafe. But I have to think hard about what they write and translate it into my own internal language. I don't quite get the internal process that they use and there isn't that ease of understanding that I have with a handful of posters.
    Exactly, liking is a different matter entirely. And it's not even about having a shared identity in terms of background or experience. I don't know most well enough to judge that. I also don't think I am really *like* anyone else here. It's more about finding that they often have a pov, or approach, values, interests, sense of humour, or energy, which is similar to my own, or which I can at least make sense of. Where there are fewer misunderstandings/tensions/explanations required. "Internal language" is a good metaphor.

I didn't really see the point of this thread, but it's interesting how often ppl have chosen others of the same or almost the same type. Especially when you consider that there are so many factors which contribute to identity.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Exactly, liking is a different matter entirely. And it's not even about having a shared identity in terms of background or experience. I don't know most well enough to judge that. I also don't think I am really *like* anyone else here. It's more about finding that they often have a pov, or approach, values, interests, sense of humour, or energy, which is similar to my own, or which I can at least make sense of. Where there are fewer misunderstandings/tensions/explanations required. "Internal language" is a good metaphor.
    I've got no idea if the people on my list would feel at all like me if I met them IRL. Yeah, maybe it is a similar 'internal language' thing, understanding why they said what they said and minimal misunderstandings. I find it quite restful to read posts by people that are on my wavelength, including when they've typed my thoughts in a similar language to what I would have used (although the latter can occasionally be disconcerting).

I didn't really see the point of this thread, but it's interesting how often ppl have chosen others of the same or almost the same type. Especially when you consider that there are so many factors which contribute to identity.
    I find it interesting to see who thinks who is similar, whether it's reciprocated or not and in terms of set theory, the union and intersection of the various lists. I started a similar thread about this at the other place because I was curious.

The same type thing could be because the same internal processes are at work, and the similarities are when the input data (gah, I hate words!) means you get similar outputs. /dreadful computer analogy

That said, I listed two who weren't my type - an INFJ and an INFP. I have a longish list of INTPs on my wavelength but most are from INTPc.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post

Being "like" someone ( being similar to them in some way ) might be a reason to "like" them, or might not be. Finding similar humor, approaches, interests etc. are reasons why I may or may not ( if other qualities outweigh those ) choose to "like" someone. It seems to me that there is some overlap in the definitions of "identify" and "like".

In my first post in this thread, I took "identify" to mean a more extreme form of "like" ( in its sense of similarity, versus sheer emotion ), verging on someone parsing information just like I do, or somehow "anticipating" what I would have said myself etc. As I indicated, I do not "identify" with anyone here very consistently, but I do see flashes here and there from different people that fit this occasionally.

Since I've never listed "likes" before, however, I decided to take a partial stab at it here, since doing so is not as far "off topic" in my opinion as it seems to be with some people. I doubtless missed a lot of people that I'll slap myself in the head for forgetting, and that's my main "regret" about posting what I did. I'm sure that my mentioning mutuality might have confused my "on the fly" division of categories for some, too, but I wasn't trying to create the definitive list for all time, using some kind of complex methodology. It was, in some ways, just me letting certain people know about a receptivity on my part, since part of my reason for being here is to meet new friends.

As far as the question of when or how psychological/intellectual similarities transform themselves into emotional attachments ( if they do so at all ) I'm not sure. Perhaps its different in each case, or there may be patterns that could be found by those who wish to study such things. It seems that it is probably outside the scope of the thread to examine the intricacies of such, but well inside the scope of the thread to merely state that one does "like" certain people, without insisting on a "fine point" being put on everything.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.