User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    yupp

does it count if the pictures of you are pictures your room mate put up? and there's usually other people in the pictures? but maybe they just look really good in pictures. If I looked good in photos I'd plaster my room with photos of me. Because it be like, look how awesome I look in photographs.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It it's a travel photo or a photo of some big accomplishment the person is really proud of (graduation, etc), then I don't think it's weird, in moderation. Pictures of self with other people seem totally natural to me.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

They're probably reminder pics or they might be self-absorbed.

This thread made me realise that I have only one pic of myself displayed. It's with another person and was a significantly happy moment. It's around 3" x 2" and is sitting on my desk. Not sure what that says.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I was thinking I would find this a bit creepy..

But then I thought of the "World as Will".

I am sure this guy has uploaded about 35 pictures of himself to this site.
    He is also an intelligent and somewhat charming young man..
    SO maybe the person just likes pictures of themselves??.. Or maybe he/she has a condition where he/she forgets what they look like, so they just need lots of reminders?

Then again.. It might be vanity to the point of narcissism.

Silk.. does this person look in the mirror a lot or at their reflection???

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I was thinking I would find this a bit creepy..

But then I thought of the "World as Will".

I am sure this guy has uploaded about 35 pictures of himself to this site.
    He is also an intelligent and somewhat charming young man..
    SO maybe the person just likes pictures of themselves??.. Or maybe he/she has a condition where he/she forgets what they look like, so they just need lots of reminders?

Then again.. It might be vanity to the point of narcissism.

Silk.. does this person look in the mirror a lot or at their reflection???
    Hm...not sure how to answer that. I'm thinking of two or three people here in whom I noticed this (both men and women).

I wouldn't say I noticed all that much mirror-gazing. However, I think they might tend to talk about their appearance a fair bit, but more in a self-deprecating way. But that could be a sort of "look how humble I am" kind of way to fish for compliments? Not sure.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I would be so liable to poke fun. I understand maybe.. a singular picture.. or if they do something that requires them to be photographed and it is seen is an achievement to their career or something.
    Otherwise.. strange and showing a lot of narcissism or feigned narcissism. I would definitely see them in person at their absolute worst and ask 'hey you look good in your self-montage, what happened?'

Now that I think about it, I could see my ENFJ friend as someone who would plaster pictures of herself everywhere due to heaps of insecurity and feigned 'im so awesome, lookit me!'. Shudder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    May it be extended to member who post their pictures as their avatars? If it can they may be able to answer you.
    I view this as very different. Displaying a picture of yourself to people who aren't staring at your face is normal. It's strange when someone may be able to stand right next to you in your own home and scan back and forth from a glam picture and your face .
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Hm...not sure how to answer that. I'm thinking of two or three people here in whom I noticed this (both men and women).

I wouldn't say I noticed all that much mirror-gazing. However, I think they might tend to talk about their appearance a fair bit, but more in a self-deprecating way. But that could be a sort of "look how humble I am" kind of way to fish for compliments? Not sure.
    Hmmm sounds like this person might have serious issues with self image.
    I am not sure I can Grok the the need to have a lot of pictures around of something you don't like the look of.
    If I don't find flowers attractive I am not likely to have a bunch of pictures of flowers hanging around.
    Now If I say I don't like flowers.. But you come over and there is nothing but pictures of flowers around , you are likely to think/feel that I am kidding myself and that I actually am quite fond of flowers.
    I would say this person has a high sense of vanity and thinks they are clever when they fish for affirmation of how awesome looking they think they are.

I've never met anyone who did this. Is it common?

It reeks of insecurity translated into pseudo-narcissism.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I've never met anyone who did this. Is it common?

It reeks of insecurity translated into pseudo-narcissism.
    I don't think it's that common, which is why it jumped out. However, I have seen it more than once. I don't think I knew the people doing it well enough to conclude how insecure they might be. That's certainly what it suggests though.

Actually, I feel similarly about the people who have a bunch of qualifications/degrees and feel the need to put a whole long string of initials after their name. There may of course be situations where it is appropriate to do that, like in an academic context. Just as there may be situations where it is appropriate to show others pictures of yourself (pics from a trip, graduation, etc, getting out an album to show your friends). But it's when you have to put it right in someone's face... With the initials, I think to myself "yes, I can see that you are educated. You also look like a prat."
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    With the initials, I think to myself "yes, I can see that you are educated. You also look like a prat."
    You said prat.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke