User Tag List

12 Last

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

Thumbs up The reality of Valentines Day.

I was bored and thought id have some fun by making everyone who hasnt already read this post really confused as to what we are talking about... hahahaa

=^_^=
    Last edited by Curator; 02-16-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

AWWWWWWWW.....

That story is so sweet! More people should know about this tale, and the true meaning of love and Valentines day. I thank you for sharing this wonderful pit of history and wisdom

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

yw im surprised your the first to comment,lol...

Edit: as in, im surprised more people haven't commented yet,lol. or at least more F's,lol

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Curator View Post
    As the legend goes, in the months leading up to his death, Valentine fell in love with the jailers son, who would bring food and water to the prisoners. Some say it was a young girl, because, well, we can't have the patron saint of Hallmark and red G-string underpants be a big homo, now can we? Let's be real for a moment, though, we're talking about ancient Rome... AND a priest ... so ... plus, if you think about it, even in such a primitive age, what jailer would send his baby girl out to bring water and gruel to a bunch of war torn, rape-y convicts? Back then girls got sold to people. And who's to say that it wasn't just love between the boy and priest, adoring, pure sweet love, without sex? That is also a possibility. So don't get all pissy about me suggesting Valentine might've been gay.
    Even though he might have been gay.
    I'm not even bothering with this nonsense. :rolli:

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

really? cause i was told the story in a catholic church,lol... my dads side of the family are all catholic. so if its nonsense, I was told it by the church

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally poste by Curator
    yw im surprised your the first to comment,lol...

Edit: as in, im surprised more people haven't commented yet,lol. or at least more F's,lol
    Well I saw the thread was unanswered so I checked it out, and decided since I had the time that would read the story. Certainly glad that I didn't pass it up though

But yeah, would've though more F's would have commented on this by now.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Curator View Post
    really? cause i was told the story in a catholic church,lol... my dads side of the family are all catholic. so if its nonsense, I was told it by the church
    The Catholic Church actually told you St. Valentine was gay? Sure.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

well, not that he was gay, but that he might have been, and not the whole church, but the priest who was telling us the story when I visited my aunt in arizona:/ he said that many claim it was a girl, but that he believed it was a boy, but that their relationship wasn't sexual, just really really really close...which as I said, is quite possible, him being gay or just having a really close emotionally intimate bond with the boy seems the most likely given the societal norms at the time.

edit: btw, even the priest there made the joke about him being a priest, and maybe thats why people thought he was gay,lol... I actually really liked him, best time ive ever had at a catholic church.

Sniffles

That's not appropriate behavior from a priest, especially when talking about a canonised saint.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    That's not appropriate behavior from a priest, especially when talking about a canonised saint.
    well it definitely made me and the others more open to listening to him, but I agree, you are right, the higher ups would probably not be fond of finding out he had said something like that, but im sure that aside, we can all enjoy the positive messages about love in this story, or at least agree that such holidays should not be about consumerism. ^_^