I apologize if this isn't what you wanted... also for my beginner status... I'm not sure where some of these things fall. I tried to read but didn't really know where to go so just looked at how some other posters broke their's down. I've been tested multiple times as an INTP and have accepted that. I also apologize for my writing.... its just not my forte.
present reasons as to why you think you are the type you are. i would suggest correlating information from a type profile to real life examples of what you've done and how you think. hopefully you understand the MBTI well enough that it won't just be "cause the test said so".
* Being around people, especially those who like to talk, drains my energy and that includes loved ones. I, literally, have to escape if I can't shut them up... that may even be to the bathroom.
* Basically, I don't think I trust people. Unless, I've seen enough, rarely, to know they're not ruled by their emotions, preconceived notions or judgements, I'm quite uncomfortable.
* Banality bores and drains me.
* Put me in a crowd or around people I don't know and I need an extra swipe of anti-perspirant and even that may not work.
Intuitive I actually don't understand this one but will try.
* Most people I know and trust think of me as psychic. I am not... although I can't convince them or explain the process I go through that results in accurate predictions. In 1981, I told friends that South Africa would have a black president probably between 1990 and 1995. South Africa was not of any particular interest to me but in my reverie, I had to have been thinking about it to make the prediction.
* I have a strong imagination and creative drive that help in my artwork.. my profession.. but aren't limited to that. I do not enjoy writing and am not good at it... but when watching a movie, for instance, although I know what's going to happen and how it will end, I also usually have an idea that would have, in most fellow watchers estimations, made it better.
* I can usually see a way to use something, designed for another purpose, differently and do so often. I wish I had the practical drive because I probably could have made alot of money on some. I "invented" fan-blown fragrance dispersers over 10 years ago. Necessity is the mother of invention, true, but I just enjoy challenges and creating new things.
* I, frequently, think outside the box or see what isn't usually perceived... could be the same thing as #1... but here its more about ideas... I thought about behavioral conditioning, pet health insurance and debit cards before they came to be and things like that are, incidentally, tied in with others thinking I'm psychic too.
* I am particularly skilled at taking esoteric perceptions some call abstractions and seeing their mundane applications and occurences.
* I don't relate well to what others described as "emotion." Alot of my responses to others when they say they feel them has been learned from observation. I do have them to a degree... certainly love... but others I just have never felt. I do have empathy and compassion but its more mental.
* I can be objective to the point of angering some people. I have to be careful how I state the objective in trying not to offend. I had to learn that.
* If I am to be convinced by myself or others, it must be logical. No politician, for instance, will earn my vote with emotional appeals. Their arguement must be logically sound. I am watchful of logical fallacies. If a news analysts starts using emotional phrases, the station will be switched.
* Obviously, I don't trust decisions that aren't based on logic.... there is "safety" in it for me.
* Some think I have a sixth sense or intuition about people. Its not that. I've studied people and find patterns. When I see the pattern, I "know" the person. Its the same with situations.. I can see patterns and the outcome is pretty predictable.
* This is probably what I consider my biggest personal asset. I can usually accomplish or understand a new thing because I've seen the pattern already doing or understanding something else.
* I'm forgetful. I find myself in a room wondering what I went there for but that's because on the way I've probably flitted, mentally, to two or three other things... something grabbed my attention on the way.. either internal or external. I'm curious about too much really.
* I usually see the "big picture"... I've had many bosses put me in charge of creating a working, efficient, system to accomplish multiple goals.... sometimes seeing where I can merge already existing systems.
Perceiving (I don't agree with this word but here goes)
* Do not try to control my decisions or actions... I'm quite stubborn about this. Don't try to pin me down either. I always have to have an open door to change my mind... well, unless I've decided something is logically sound... then I might comply. But... I also won't do that to anyone so it might not be stubborn... here's another... I also find out what I think as I'm writing it sometimes. lol.. and its debatable.
* Sometime this "no-closed-door" paralyzes me... I've wanted a new floor for three years and hubby has been pressing me to make a decision... not yet. :-) I've been gathering data all that time and it keeps changing as new things arrive plus the manufacturers just lie. I"ve gotten samples and done my own tests... yes, they lie! So, how can I make a decision when I know the data is flawed or changing?
* I know this sounds contradictory and am not sure it fits here but, even though I can size up someone pretty fast, I do make "mistakes" trusting some people. I don't particularly like this about myself but consider it my perogative and will defend that to the hilt. I think its because of the thing I call "open door".... I don't want to be controlled or dictated to by even my own apprehensions... I throw my logical best interest out the window and choose hope instead then so I whined up plunging where I shouldn't sometimes. Hard for even me to figure out. At those times, trust me, I wish I had been wrong to start with.
* I also don't like being pinned down to schedules or rountines. I don't sleep, eat or work at the same times and variety is very important to me. I get bored. There are really only two things that are consistent... my coffee in the morning and clothing style.
* My environment is crucial to my mental well being. But I think its because I'm visual.
* For any given problem, personal or otherwise, I must be free to come up with a "new" perspective that resolves/fixes it. I really don't care what anyone thinks of how I choose to do that.
* All-in-all, most who know me well refer to me as somewhat of a "maverick." I just think I'm a free spirit/thinker who will choose what works for me over what others think.
I don't know where it fits but I love games! RPG's, strategy, word and cards. That is my main relaxation. My big pet peeves are when someone leaves something out when relating.... or if they use the wrong word that can alter the meaning... I actually don't know how to explain this one... but when it happens even if I'm the one who did it, especially when writing,... I get really disgusted. I also get annoyed when someone can't or, especially if they won't, see the forest for the trees, is overly emotional or judgemental... and egocentricity drives me right up a wall. I mean really! no one is better than anyone else!
Edit: Ooops... I just saw you said not to say "cause the test said so." LOL... but it did.:-)