User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Sigh... yup, no surprises here on how this thread is turning. [Sorta soury.]

A very valiant effort, tho.
    Well at least you got it back on topic with your post.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    infp

I am an INFP. There is no doubt about it. Lets take a look, shall we?

INFP's are known for having a deep emotional filter for every thought and experience, where the input device is a vast intuition of all things past and present the INFP has seen, thought, or experienced.

"I remember the first albatross I ever saw. ... At intervals, it arched forth its vast archangel wings, as if to embrace some holy ark. Wondrous flutterings and throbbings shook it. Though bodily unharmed, it uttered cries, as some king's ghost in super natural distress. Through its inexpressible, strange eyes, methought I peeped to secrets not below the heavens. As Abraham before the angels, I bowed myself..." --(Herman Melville, Moby Dick)

When I first heard this quote (I first heard it on the Typelogic website actually), I immediately related to it. It gave power and emotion and personality to everything. The wings arched "as if to embrace some holy ark", the cries took on the soul of s ghost in "supernatural distress", and through the eyes of the bird, there are feelings of transcendence. I've always felt the same way about everything from a sunset to a women to a song. Everything is accompanied by a profound emotional experience; amazement and reverence, or empathy and sorrow, and everything in between.

Or, in other words: "INFPs never seem to lose their sense of wonder. One might say they see life through rose-colored glasses. It's as though they live at the edge of a looking-glass world where mundane objects come to life, where flora and fauna take on near-human qualities." (Typelogic)

"INFP children often exhibit this in a 'Calvin and Hobbes' fashion, switching from reality to fantasy and back again. With few exceptions, it is the NF child who readily develops imaginary playmates (as with Anne of Green Gables's "bookcase girlfriend"--her own reflection) and whose stuffed animals come to life like the Velveteen Rabbit and the Skin Horse" (Typelogic)

As a child, my best friends were my stuffed animals. My friends were Ape, Mr. Beaver, and Guy (Guy was a blue teddy bear). They may have been inanimate, but to me they were so much more. They had voices and perosnalities. Guy was the quiet storm, the one who said nothing but always had a sense of Zen and enlightenment. Ape was the "take action" type. Mr. Beaver was the "calculate first, then act" type.

I've always been prone to playing alone, and mostly only enjoyed playing with others if for a restricted period of time. As a child, friends would call asking me to play, but I "didn't feel like it" and instead played by myself -creating battles and empires with toy soldiers and blocks. Today, I am still labelled as "anti-social" by some because of my resistance to prolonged human contact. This is an example of my introvertedness.

"INFPs do not like conflict, and go to great lengths to avoid it. If they must face it, they will always approach it from the perspective of their feelings. In conflict situations, INFPs place little importance on who is right and who is wrong. They focus on the way that the conflict makes them feel, and indeed don't really care whether or not they're right. They don't want to feel badly. This trait sometimes makes them appear irrational and illogical in conflict situations. On the other hand, INFPs make very good mediators, and are typically good at solving other people's conflicts, because they intuitively understand people's perspectives and feelings, and genuinely want to help them. " (Personalitypage)

I can not handle conflicts and arguements, they are too stressful for me. I really don't care if I'm right or wrong (there is no ego, there is no "I'm right", just my perspective), there is just the need for co operation and harmony. If there is a conflict and soemthing doesn't go how I feel it should, it will worry me more than it's due. I am often tragically passive in these conflicts because I don't want to deal with the stress of it, even if I really believe in what I'm saying. I want to find a solution that will work for everyone and improve whatever it is there is a problem with, but not everyone wants this so it is hard to present the ideas.

"When it comes to the mundane details of life maintenance, INFPs are typically completely unaware of such things. They might go for long periods without noticing a stain on the carpet, but carefully and meticulously brush a speck of dust off of their project booklet." (Personalitypage)

I've literally done that.

"INFPs do not like to deal with hard facts and logic. Their focus on their feelings and the Human Condition makes it difficult for them to deal with impersonal judgment. They don't understand or believe in the validity of impersonal judgment,...although some have developed this ability and are able to be quite logical."

I've always felt out of place with facts and logic with no regard for the feeling, but I've also conditioned myself to be able to use logic when neccesary, although the logic still oftne suffers because it isn't "objective" logical, its logic to legitimize my emotions to thinking types.

MBTI
    istp

thanks GZA

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I: This is an immediately obvious classification: I tire out spending time around lots of other people, only to get more energy when i get back alone. I also am not that social, and tend to listen more than talk in groups.

NT: most descriptions of NTs focus on tendencies to analyze/design systems (Which I do seem to enjoy doing/pick up on better than most other people), have a more "logical" type of thought process (Which seems to be true with a lot of people, though with some people I am not sure as differences in knowledge, experience, and the fact that I am looking from inside my own brain make this a bit iffy.), get drawn to science and math (definitely true, though this might just be an extension of the first one), tend to ignore conventions and do what they prefer, whether or not it fits convention (definitely true.).

No one has challenged the letters in the type, though some of this may be people not really paying attention, but it does add a bit of support that behavior I may not be noticing fits with some sort of INT type.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I: I love spending time alone. At my best, I'm quiet and contemplative. I can't be at parties for very long. I spend most of my day in my head.
    N: I've detached from the real world. My language is abstract as opposed to concrete. I like to peer into the true nature of people, things, etc. I love abstract debate. Don't care much for politics. Can't stand superficial conversation.
    T: I'm a skeptic by nature. I derive immense satisfaction from integrating ideas. I challenge people's ideas and demand precision.
    P: I loathe boundaries and priorities and crave flexibility. I can rarely get shit done. I like keeping my mind limber and "on-the-go." I often forget what day of the week it is.
    B: I love boobies.
    Last edited by ThatsWhatHeSaid; 03-07-2008 at 12:43 AM.

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

I'll humor you, Greyscale, since you're so cool.

E: Energy must be manifested somehow to create any satisfying mental circuits. Generally need some interaction with people to stay focused.
    N: Eh, interests are mostly abstract. I don't like actualities. I do like possibilities. Enjoy pushing the boundaries of reason into imagination.
    T: Utilitarian. Absurdly skeptical. Logical. Rigorous symbolic/mathematical/visual thinking style.
    P: Hatred of all kinds of authority & obligations; love of chaos, spontaneity, & completely random adventures into the unknown. Alternate wildly between capriciously productive, inspiration driven frenzies and a lazy lack of focus.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

MBTI
    istp

appreciate the contributions so far, keep them coming

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Well at least you got it back on topic with your post.
    Wow, I actually DID!

I mean, look -- ever since my post, people have been playing nice and answering the OP, and there has been no type bitching going on.

I hope it lasts.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Wow, I actually DID!

I mean, look -- ever since my post, people have been playing nice and answering the OP, and there has been no type bitching going on.

I hope it lasts.
    From my end, we'll be fine unless INTJmom posts.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INFJ

I can't do the dichotomies, because I would end up as an INFP (I always type as an INFP on dichotomy-based tests).

I'll go with TypeLogic's description instead. I'll highlight the parts that are oh-so-me:

Beneath the quiet exterior, INFJs hold deep convictions about the weightier matters of life. Those who are activists -- INFJs gravitate toward such a role -- are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power.

INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden. They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress. INFJs may fantasize about getting revenge on those who victimize the defenseless. The concept of 'poetic justice' is appealing to the INFJ.

"There's something rotten in Denmark." Accurately suspicious about others' motives, INFJs are not easily led. These are the people that you can rarely fool any of the time. Though affable and sympathetic to most, INFJs are selective about their friends. Such a friendship is a symbiotic bond that transcends mere words.

INFJs have a knack for fluency in language and facility in communication. In addition, nonverbal sensitivity enables the INFJ to know and be known by others intimately.

Writing, counseling, public service and even politics are areas where INFJs frequently find their niche.
    Get the picture?

Let's go on. Here I highlighted AND underscored, because the identification is even stronger!

Introverted intuitives, INFJs enjoy a greater clarity of perception of inner, unconscious processes than all but their INTJ cousins. Just as SP types commune with the object and "live in the here and now" of the physical world, INFJs readily grasp the hidden psychological stimuli behind the more observable dynamics of behavior and affect. Their amazing ability to deduce the inner workings of the mind, will and emotions of others gives INFJs their reputation as prophets and seers. Unlike the confining, routinizing nature of introverted sensing, introverted intuition frees this type to act insightfully and spontaneously as unique solutions arise on an event by event basis.

Extraverted feeling, the auxiliary deciding function, expresses a range of emotion and opinions of, for and about people. INFJs, like many other FJ types, find themselves caught between the desire to express their wealth of feelings and moral conclusions about the actions and attitudes of others, and the awareness of the consequences of unbridled candor. Some vent the attending emotions in private, to trusted allies. Such confidants are chosen with care, for INFJs are well aware of the treachery that can reside in the hearts of mortals. This particular combination of introverted intuition and extraverted feeling provides INFJs with the raw material from which perceptive counselors are shaped.

The INFJ's thinking is introverted, turned toward the subject. Perhaps it is when the INFJ's thinking function is operative that he is most aloof. A comrade might surmise that such detachment signals a disillusionment, that she has also been found lacking by the sardonic eye of this one who plumbs the depths of the human spirit. Experience suggests that such distancing is merely an indication that the seer is hard at work and focusing energy into this less efficient tertiary function.

INFJs are twice blessed with clarity of vision, both internal and external. Just as they possess inner vision which is drawn to the forms of the unconscious, they also have external sensing perception which readily takes hold of worldly objects. Sensing, however, is the weakest of the INFJ's arsenal and the most vulnerable. INFJs, like their fellow intuitives, may be so absorbed in intuitive perceiving that they become oblivious to physical reality. The INFJ under stress may fall prey to various forms of immediate gratification. Awareness of extraverted sensing is probably the source of the "SP wannabe" side of INFJs. Many yearn to live spontaneously; it's not uncommon for INFJ actors to take on an SP (often ESTP) role.
    I'm so INFJ, it's not even funny.