Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    I notice many tend to doubt the N of people in these movies. Might it be because of unrealistic expectations of what an N is? I get the sense you guys think many of these people are not good enough to be N. I get the sense you expect more. The N is being made into a mystical creature that you simply do not see in normal people. But at least 1/4 is an N, and I guess one wants to keep that in mind. Not every N can be revolutionary creative. 1/4 is simply too normal for anything revolutionary to come out of every single one.
    Yeah, being a revolutionary of any kind is applicable to any type. I think that most of the revolutionaries in history, such as Einstein or Edison, get famous more because of luck. I find it hard to believe that Einstein was the only person in the world thinking about relativity -- I'm sure there was someone else in the world who had the same idea. Likewise, I find it hard to believe that Edison was the only person in the world to have an idea of a light bulb or a phonograph. They just happened to be the ones who got their ideas or inventions patented. There are a lot of inventors out there who probably will never be famous because they will not likely create something that will change the world.

And likewise, with these so-called visionaries who changed the world being labeled as N, it is highly unlikely that most people (S or N) have an interest in doing that. And I also find it doubtful that most of these revolutionaries were intending to make the change for humanitarian reasons, but rather they had a self-motivated value that just so happened to touch the rest of the world.

A visionary in the sociological world is basically someone who changes the world. But from a psychological standpoint, a visionary is one who has an impractical idea, and it's not necessarily going to be an overtly original idea that will change the world.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    The first girl is not an INTP. Not even close. She's most likely an ISFJ -- definitely an ISxJ.

And she's an idiot.
    QFT. (I'd guess ISxJ too.)

she sounds like she's just spitting out opinions she's heard.
    Hahaha, yes, she looks and sounds like David Brent's little sister. (UK The Office, Ricky Gervais.)

she certainly didn't come up with that stuff herself. also, she doesn't back up her points logically at all. and all this talk of "you SHOULD x" and "you're stupid if you don't y" is very SJ. it wouldn't be, i guess, if she had some sort of explanation, but she doesn't. you really think her first function is Ti?

she's clearly an idiot. i guess it's less clear what her type is. but it's definitely not INTP. maybe ISTJ...but i'd put my money on ISFJ.

also, it doesn't seem like an NT would agree with a general theory about causal relations between personality and political views based on ONE PERSON's scores on a test with questions like "do you trust your head or your heart?".

she just took some random online test. we don't know her percentages. plus, most tests are skewed towards N and P.

and seriously, why wouldn't i trust my assessment of someone's speech more than an online test?
    Some of those reasons don't necessarily apply, but not even attempting to back anything up with Ti and not trying to understand or even memorize what the letters mean before talking about it... clearly not INTP.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    What do you say about this:

YouTube - INFP

She isn't saying much....
    She seems INFP.

YouTube - What's your personality type?

This person says he is INFP. Seems very animated for one.
    Not at all. He definitely has introverted eyes, and INFPs normally don't have any problem with acting E (especially in the comfort of their own room, sitting alone). Sure he could be a lot of other types as well, but no reason to doubt his claim.

Another INTP

YouTube - INTP

Comments?
    She definitely has INTP eyes, questions the validity of such a simplifying test (Ti), seems intuitive and though she questions the test she seems open to the idea that it might still hold truths.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    istp

Another INTP

YouTube - INTP

Comments?
    seems pretty damn close to me...

MBTI
    INTJ

Another INTP

YouTube - INTP

Comments?
    I am thinking she is so god damn lovable (yes, I want to eat her), that who wouldn't want to identify with her?

MBTI
    INTP

What do you say about this:

YouTube - INFP

She isn't saying much....
    Quote Originally Posted by augmented View Post
    ok, the non-talker might be INFP or ISFP but either way i thought it was kinda pretentious/annoying.
    I actually thought it was a really clever clip. Very interesting. I'd guess INFP. Another INTP was telling me what Fi is like for her (yeah, I know Fi isn't common in INTPs but I think function order can get out of whack after the first two). I was fascinated to see it in action in this video clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    QFT. (I'd guess ISxJ too.)

Some of those reasons don't necessarily apply, but not even attempting to back anything up with Ti and not trying to understand or even memorize what the letters mean before talking about it... clearly not INTP.
    Yeah, that was the bit that immediately made me think not INTP, rather than her voice or mannerisms or political beliefs. ISXJ is plausible.

Anyone lurk or post at similarminds.com?

I think they had a thread like this, and part of me wonders if a lot of the videos didn't come from various thread topics from that site.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Anyone lurk or post at similarminds.com?

I think they had a thread like this, and part of me wonders if a lot of the videos didn't come from various thread topics from that site.
    There was a male INTP who spoke there about his precise use of language/on the topic of MBTI. I didn't see it posted here; I remember it being a solid MBTI youtube clip.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis