User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 38

  1. #11
    a white iris elfinchilde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Why do people assume other people's types are different from the preferences they themselves probably chose?
    Because at times, people answer by who they want to be, rather than who they really are. It takes a great deal of self awareness, and honesty, to be able to see yourself for who you exactly are, flaws and all.

    Alternatively, she could just be in shadow mode.
    You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

    --T.S Eliot, The Wasteland

  2. #12
    ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INfj
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    How can you be so certain she is ISFJ? Doesn't it seem kind of unlikely three of her letters are wrong?
    She is not an NT. The mannerism is wrong. Liberalism, third party? An NT votes for what she believes in... whether it's the third party or not is irrelevant. The fact that she spent so much time emphasizing this difference between herself and what the "general public" do, points to S not N... and certainly not NT. Sometimes testing is wrong... when we choose answers based on what we want ourselves to be and not as who we are.

    I agree with dissonance there... she does seem very ISFJ to me as well. Where is chimp? He's good with these stuff...

    Completely offtopic... I SEE NEW SMILEY!!! I'm sorry, it's hard to resists when you have it blinking in front of you. Mouse love cheese!

  3. #13
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    Because at times, people answer by who they want to be, rather than who they really are. It takes a great deal of self awareness, and honesty, to be able to see yourself for who you exactly are, flaws and all.
    I'm just saying that a person's expressed opinions, behavior, and communication style are not necessarily the way they think, which is what the MBTI measures.

  4. #14
    ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INfj
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I'm just saying that a person's expressed opinions, behavior, and communication style are not necessarily the way they think, which is what the MBTI measures.
    True. However unguarded expression of opinions and behavior are reflective of their thinking style.

  5. #15
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alcearos View Post
    Because nobody else joins me to this thread, I decided to post another one.

    What do you say about this

    Youtube - ENTP

    He is a bit weird (but ENTP's are, aren't they ).
    Actually, this is generally the way I behave when I am around other people, like at work or at school (when I was going). I behave like that when I'm alone, too. I get animated and come up with bouncy ideas and I like to perform and imitate imaginary characters.

    I bet this dude has gotten fired from a lot of jobs like myself because people think he's weird. It must be worse for him because he seems to hail from Jolly Old England, where manners and "proper" behavior are of the utmost importance. I sympathize with this chap.

  6. #16
    Wannabe genius Splittet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    Because at times, people answer by who they want to be, rather than who they really are. It takes a great deal of self awareness, and honesty, to be able to see yourself for who you exactly are, flaws and all.

    Alternatively, she could just be in shadow mode.
    Isn't this less likely to be a factor, if you just take some random test, not really over thinking it, but answer the questions intuitively? She obviously had next to no knowledge about MBTI, and in many ways, I think it is easier to be true to yourself the first time you test, than the 10th, 50th or whatever, when you know what your answers indicates about you, that can cloud your judgement.

    Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    She is not an NT. The mannerism is wrong. Liberalism, third party? An NT votes for what she believes in... whether it's the third party or not is irrelevant. The fact that she spent so much time emphasizing this difference between herself and what the "general public" do, points to S not N... and certainly not NT. Sometimes testing is wrong... when we choose answers based on what we want ourselves to be and not as who we are.
    I don't know how much you know about UK politics, but she voted for the Liberal Democrats, the third largest party. It has something like 20 % of the votes, but by far the two main parties are the more traditional parties Labour and the Conservatives. The Liberal Demcrats are kind of outsiders, and because of the election system, they have little real power. That should explain why many consider it a waste to vote on them. She is claiming another opinion though. Is it somehow not N to be in opposition to an idea? Is it somehow not N to refer to the ideas of others?

  7. #17
    ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INfj
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    I don't know how much you know about UK politics, but she voted for the Liberal Democrats, the third largest party. It has something like 20 % of the votes, but by far the two main parties are the more traditional parties Labour and the Conservatives. The Liberal Demcrats are kind of outsiders, and because of the election system, they have little real power. That should explain why many consider it a waste to vote on them. She is claiming another opinion though. Is it somehow not N to be in opposition to an idea? Is it somehow not N to refer to the ideas of others?
    I know close to nothing about politics in general, let along that in the UK. The intent behind her words seems a little strange to me. No, certainly both Ns and Ss can refer to ideas of others. It's just her way of speaking I suppose.

    On the flip side, it could be biased judgment on my part in not wanting to associate myself with her. Thanks for bring that up gently. More data needed for judgment... Fe is still flying off the handle.

  8. #18
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    Isn't this less likely to be a factor, if you just take some random test, not really over thinking it, but answer the questions intuitively? She obviously had next to no knowledge about MBTI, and in many ways, I think it is easier to be true to yourself the first time you test, than the 10th, 50th or whatever, when you know what your answers indicates about you, that can cloud your judgement.
    i scored ENTJ on my first MBTI test. at least now, i know what the questions are trying to differentiate.

    I don't know how much you know about UK politics, but she voted for the Liberal Democrats, the third largest party. It has something like 20 % of the votes, but by far the two main parties are the more traditional parties Labour and the Conservatives. The Liberal Demcrats are kind of outsiders, and because of the election system, they have little real power. That should explain why many consider it a waste to vote on them. She is claiming another opinion though. Is it somehow not N to be in opposition to an idea? Is it somehow not N to refer to the ideas of others?
    she sounds like she's just spitting out opinions she's heard. she certainly didn't come up with that stuff herself. also, she doesn't back up her points logically at all. and all this talk of "you SHOULD x" and "you're stupid if you don't y" is very SJ. it wouldn't be, i guess, if she had some sort of explanation, but she doesn't. you really think her first function is Ti?

    she's clearly an idiot. i guess it's less clear what her type is. but it's definitely not INTP. maybe ISTJ...but i'd put my money on ISFJ.

    also, it doesn't seem like an NT would agree with a general theory about causal relations between personality and political views based on ONE PERSON's scores on a test with questions like "do you trust your head or your heart?".

    she just took some random online test. we don't know her percentages. plus, most tests are skewed towards N and P.

    and seriously, why wouldn't i trust my assessment of someone's speech more than an online test?

  9. #19

  10. #20
    ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INfj
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    and seriously, why wouldn't i trust my assessment of someone's speech more than an online test?
    I still think there's insufficient input to make a firm decision. But the mirroring/self monitor thread reminded me of this... Her statements regarding to her political belief looks to me like classical Fe judgments in action. INTP has inferior Fe... makes it a little suspicious.

Similar Threads

  1. The Best Personality Type for You Test (via helloquizzy)
    By Lady_X in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 299
    Last Post: 03-25-2015, 03:29 PM
  2. Vote on the best MBTI primary function.
    By jixmixfix in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 12:34 PM
  3. What are the most and least common MBTI types?
    By /DG/ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 07:23 PM
  4. Balanced life, psychologically good practices and the effects on type
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 11:43 AM
  5. Is this the best mbti forum for U ?
    By Thursday in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-06-2008, 10:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO