First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

how many snobs are out there on TypeC? you might be a snob if
    - you like to be surrounded by things that are beautiful and elegantDon't really much care about aesthetics
    - you have low tolerance for things that are distasteful or offputtingThis doesn't really matter to me either. I have a pretty high tolerance for most things that aren't way over the line.
    - you detest any sort of physical labor and would much rather pay someone else to do itIt depends entirely on what kind of physical labor it is. I hate digging, but moving furniture doesn't really bother me.
    - you always like to look your best and feel sexy and chic, even if you're aloneDoesn't really matter to me.
    - you enjoy excessively pampering yourself I guess, not really.
    - you relate well to people with much higher income than youI can relate to pretty much anyone, high or low income. So I guess this one's true.
    - you don't like to be around people who don't display high self esteem and integrity (sorta like being classist, but like in a positive way that evaluates people on a character basis rather than a material/status one)Pretty much true, but it's not like I avoid people who don't fit that description.
    - you will not date anyone who does not take excellent care of themselves, have good manners and have a sexy, graceful demeanorNot that these things aren't important, but the most important thing is love.
    - you have well developed tastes for wine, tea or various foodsNot much into wine, but I do have a great appreciation for good beer, and starting to get into coffee also.
    - you enjoy opera, classical music and baroqueI definitely do enjoy some classical music, but I don't listen to it very much.
    - you are seldom offended, but easily disgusted Unfortunately, this is probably true. I have a tendency to judge people.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

i think you might want to work on your definition... :rolli:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    you've missed the point of the thread
    so you mean the point of the thread, isn't to try to put others down in order to make yourself feel better, without actually grasping the concept of what a snob actually is? oh sorry I must be retarded or something.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    so you mean the point of the thread, isn't to try to put others down in order to make yourself feel better, without actually grasping the concept of what a snob actually is? oh sorry I must be retarded or something.
    you're obviously not on his level, you can't understand his genius so don't even try.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    you're obviously not on his level, you can't understand his genius so don't even try.
    apparently not.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    STUF

you might be a snob if you only find video game characters attractive because your introversion and extreme social disfunction prevent you from being able to manage a life outside of the internet.
    Whoops.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

-rolls eyes- this thread has accomplished exactly what it was intended to do and I must say I am extremely dissappointed with the results. it is now eminently clear that the vast majority of people on this forum cannot see through past shallow connotations and interpret most information received in the most disproportionately negative light possible without understand anything that the person just said.
    correct, the major points of this thread were in actuality:
    1) as a funny joke
    2) to show that what most people consider a snob is actually a self confident person with high self esteem and strong integrity
    however, as I have just pointed out, people are seemingly incapable of interpreting anything I say correctly and constantly percieve me as trying to insult them, so without further adieu...
    -thread ended

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

If people are "seemingly incapable of interpreting anything [you] say correctly," then there's probably a problem with how you present your ideas.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    1) as a funny joke
    Pffft. I laughed.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTP

I thought a "snob" was someone who felt himself superior to others and let it be known. Elfboy's criteria can be indicators, but you can be snobbish in a lot of areas.
    There's the N snob - "I'm creative, take that you routine slave SJ" (I try very hard to NOT be one of these.)
    There's also the antisnob snob - feeling superior because you don't need (eg) a big car to have a big self-esteem.

- you like to be surrounded by things that are beautiful and elegant: yes, but doesn't that depend on taste?
    - you have low tolerance for things that are distasteful or offputting: same here, you're only calling a thing distasteful if it somehow irks you.
    - you detest any sort of physical labor and would much rather pay someone else to do it: no. I haven't got the condition to be a macon, but in doses adapted to my condition I actually quite like manual labor (eg. gardening and especially cooking.)
    - you always like to look your best and feel sexy and chic, even if you're alone: no, but I'd try to look elegant when there are other people.
    - you enjoy excessively pampering yourself: uh.
    - you relate well to people with much higher income than you: I guess yes... I don't really care about income as long as people are nice.
    - you don't like to be around people who don't display high self esteem and integrity (sorta like being classist, but like in a positive way that evaluates people on a character basis rather than a material/status one): solid yes. I don't want whiners.
    - you will not date anyone who does not take excellent care of themselves, have good manners and have a sexy, graceful demeanor: I never thought about that. I fell in love with someone who devises crazy stories, loves board games and is a scientist(*) just like me.
    - you have well developed tastes for wine, tea or various foods Do spices count?
    - you enjoy opera, classical music and baroque: Yes!
    - you are seldom offended, but easily disgusted: Er... I don't really understand this one. Disgusted? You mean trying to get away from eg. the task of cleaning vomit, or...?

(*) I guess, as a scientist, I'm a bit of a science snob. I'm proud of being a scientist. I'd hold you in higher regard if you show an interest in science.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women