User Tag List

First 789

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Private or army property? Because every able bodied Swiss man has to go through basic training and is then given fire arms that he has to store in his home in case Switzerland is attacked (which hasn't happened in centuries). I think some get a bicycle as well.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Many who call it paranoia are just overgeneralizing based upon the relative safety of their own area. They should meet people who live in areas, say, where the cops take bribes to simply not kick your ass on the spot.

That said, if you live in, say, my area and time and still feel the need to have heavy weaponry for protection's sake, that is paranoia.
    Indeed. I've never seen it as paranoid to keep weaponry around a home.. it is just common here, so I've never thought twice on it. Living in an area where the enemy is a pile of sand in a cloth bag away, and knowing how crazy some of the men really got over there that we lived with.. it made me feel safer to hide a few things next to me that were easily accessed. I think even when I do live in a nicer area, I will keep weapons at least close by. I don't ever feel like I need to reach for them, I'm not paranoid in the sense of using them.. I'd like to use my phone before anything else. But there's something comforting about knowing something is there to help me protect myself.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Indeed. I've never seen it as paranoid to keep weaponry around a home.. it is just common here, so I've never thought twice on it. Living in an area where the enemy is a pile of sand in a cloth bag away, and knowing how crazy some of the men really got over there that we lived with.. it made me feel safer to hide a few things next to me that were easily accessed. I think even when I do live in a nicer area, I will keep weapons at least close by. I don't ever feel like I need to reach for them, I'm not paranoid in the sense of using them.. I'd like to use my phone before anything else. But there's something comforting about knowing something is there to help me protect myself.
    Better to have them and not need them, than need them and not have them.