But should a break in occur, I like having the ability to accurately and quickly put multiple rounds into a target or targets.
With shotguns you get a spread of pellets that can cause collateral damage.
Pistols (without a lot of practice) are very difficult to shoot quickly and accurately under duress.
Thus I like having the carbine that has enough ammo to get whatever job done I need it to, can be fired accurately (cause its a rifle) and quickly, and won't cause damage outside of the things I aim at (like buck shot shells can).
Unless you have a lot of 100 foot long hallways in your house, spread is not much of an issue with a shotgun. There are also many shotgun loads available, not all of them are scattershot.
The comment on pistols would seem to imply that you shouldn't be well trained in the use of a firearm if you own one?
I'm pretty certain you just own the carbine because it looks "cool".
What do they say about assumptions, Disco? I'd hate to assume
They make an ass out of you and me.
I think I've pretty much addressed your arguments in my last post.
But in case that's not enough I'll do you one better.
Reasons for the carbine (specifically the Noveske Diplomat with an EOTech 552 on top):
- 7.5 in. barrel makes for easy handling indoors
- KX3 flash suppressor directs all exhaust gasses and flash towards a target further disorienting and blinding them in a dark setting
- 30 rnd. capacity can deal with multiple oncoming threats
- EOtech 552 is electronic and easily seen at night
- it's lighter than your average assault rifle
- 5.56 doesn't have to much penetration capacity, but is still effective at dealing with close range threats
- modular design allows for the attachment of a light, sight, etc.
- accuracy of an assault rifle (despite shortened barrel)
- when confronting force, you want the greatest weapon at your disposal
Do you have a dog in this hunt?
Or are you just not a fan of the evil black rifle aka the AR-15?
Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
- Edmund Burke
I really want to just drop the whole katana and ak-47 thing and change my class. Last I checked, it's just a 15 dollar fee. Maybe I'll be a druid.. some kind of beastmaster. I don't want to pick up a bunch of giant turds everyday though.
For the greater good, then, I make my assumptions.
I'm not a fan someone assuming an assault rifle is in any way necessary or even fit for "home defense", there are many more fitting and far more innocuous solutions. For shooting on a range, sure, fun.